Why Doesn't Asia Get Bonus Tank Rewards Missions Like NA and EU?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Plutonious #1 Posted 16 September 2020 - 10:30 AM

Corporal

• 14985 battles

So, looking at the last couple of months of tank rewards, it's basically impossible to get the top rank. Currently, in order to finish with the top reward on asia, you'd need to play all 23 days during the contest, while also playing at least 20 t9-10 games on 18 of those 23 days in order to get the top reward, which is basically saying you must play the game 3 hours a day every day in order to get the top rewards. This is insane, even in a time of covid.

I was curious if the other servers were also complaining about this. Well, it turns out if you visit the NA and EU forums, they get an extra 350-450 points each month in bonus missions that are activated like any other wargaming code. These missions are apparently not available to us. This means that instead of having to play all day every day, they can play the 20x t9-t10 games on the friday-saturday-sundays during the contest and still finish it.

Why do we not get these bonus missions when every other server does?  

Edited by Plutonious, 16 September 2020 - 10:31 AM.

Ezz #2 Posted 16 September 2020 - 10:40 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 73680 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Do you have a link to the bonus missions the other servers get?

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, RIP Balance and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Plutonious #3 Posted 16 September 2020 - 11:23 AM

Corporal

• 14985 battles

View PostEzz, on 16 September 2020 - 10:40 AM, said:

Do you have a link to the bonus missions the other servers get?

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/634268-codes-for-bonus-tank-reward-missions-this-month/

also NA just gets heaps of extra codes each month, they have something called tank university which provides pretty nice rewards for anyone grinding tank lines: https://worldoftanks.com/en/content/guide/tank-university-missions/tum-0920/

They even have a thread where they just drop the codes in. Even in the off chance that we get codes here for a mission once every 5 months, they're hidden on useless things like discord. http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/605553-codes-r-us/

I know NA is the top earner in terms of $$ per player, but it would be nice if we could get at least some of this stuff over here on Asia =/

Edited by Plutonious, 16 September 2020 - 11:25 AM.

_Sammich_ #4 Posted 16 September 2020 - 11:28 AM

Goes beach on Overlord

• 41664 battles
  • [FLEX] FLEX
So WG give out free tanks and this still isn’t good enough?

Seriously, they’re only tier 5 or 6s. Pay the $20 if you really want them then.

Edited by _Sammich_, 16 September 2020 - 11:28 AM.

Reading is hard...

Ezz #5 Posted 16 September 2020 - 11:29 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 73680 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Interesting.

For mine tank rewards started here as being trivially easy but then morphed into the current form of yeah nah, will just play what i play and not bother going for whatever mid tier prems are on offer.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Plutonious #6 Posted 16 September 2020 - 11:32 AM

Corporal

• 14985 battles

View Post_Sammich_, on 16 September 2020 - 11:28 AM, said:

So WG give out free tanks and this still isn’t good enough?

Seriously, they’re only tier 5 or 6s. Pay the $20 if you really want them then.

I doubt they're giving out more than 100 of these tanks each month, as it stands it's not possible to complete the missions unless you are unemployed and have a ridiculous amount of time to devote to the game. And this is coming from someone who has played the game a lot. The point totals are clearly geared towards those on NA and EU who have these bonus codes, while on those servers that dont (basically just us), it's much harder to complete them.

Sometimes the t6 tanks can be quite nice, I don't know about you but I have a lot more fun playing a t-34-85m than I do any of my tier 10s. This month the Strv would be a nice pickup as it's a very good tank, but there's no chance for me to get it because the point totals are impossible to reach.

_Sammich_ #7 Posted 16 September 2020 - 11:38 AM

Goes beach on Overlord

• 41664 battles
  • [FLEX] FLEX
That’s because the tier 10 meta is shit, whereas tier 6 is more balanced IMO.  I’m around half way through the tank rewards stage st the moment and hope to get a strv as well, as I already have the other 2.
Reading is hard...

Puggsley #8 Posted 16 September 2020 - 11:42 AM

Major

• 75619 battles
  • [KINGS] KINGS
Man I am so out of the loop i didn't even realise there were tank reward on offer....

kovacs #9 Posted 16 September 2020 - 11:48 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 25600 battles
Won't happen. WG staff don't read the forums - they probably would prefer they didn't exist.

Discord stream of consciousness is where it's at...

Plutonious #10 Posted 16 September 2020 - 11:54 AM

Corporal

• 14985 battles

View Postkovacs, on 16 September 2020 - 11:48 AM, said:

Won't happen. WG staff don't read the forums - they probably would prefer they didn't exist.

Discord stream of consciousness is where it's at...

The discord is basically unusable, it's filled with spam and impossible to find anything you might be interested in. Also, it seems like it's only the Asia server where the staff is obsessed with it, there's plenty of interaction on the NA and EU forums.

Ezz #11 Posted 16 September 2020 - 12:03 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 73680 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Ironically the na and eu forums are known to be almost unliveable while ours has stayed relatively sane.

MagicalFlyingFox #12 Posted 16 September 2020 - 01:05 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 35455 battles
  • [ATLUS] ATLUS

View PostEzz, on 16 September 2020 - 02:03 PM, said:

Ironically the na and eu forums are known to be almost unliveable while ours has stayed relatively sane.

Its clearly because they got rid of CR/D.

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

A. Guy on 02 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW... says it all about you.

CardinalMite #13 Posted 16 September 2020 - 01:37 PM

Captain

• 31737 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostPlutonious, on 16 September 2020 - 03:54 AM, said:

The discord is basically unusable, it's filled with spam and impossible to find anything you might be interested in. Also, it seems like it's only the Asia server where the staff is obsessed with it, there's plenty of interaction on the NA and EU forums.

I have never yet seen anyone explain how Discord is in any way better than the forums other than WG staff might post there occasionally.

As a way for new players to find useful guides and tips without having to repeat the exact same questions as most other new players have...over and over again... Discord does nothing but sow discord. 

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience. But then if I limited myself to only arguing with non-idiots on these forums I'd literally never post"

kovacs #14 Posted 16 September 2020 - 05:26 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 25600 battles

View PostEzz, on 16 September 2020 - 12:03 PM, said:

At least WG interact with their playerbase on NA, they might cop a lot of flak but they hang in there.

OP has a pretty pertinent question, maybe Jay or Vondle could chime in with an answer?

LeSigh #15 Posted 16 September 2020 - 06:30 PM

It's Incredibly Disappointing

• 54454 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostCardinalMite, on 16 September 2020 - 05:37 PM, said:

I have never yet seen anyone explain how Discord is in any way better than the forums other than WG staff might post there occasionally.

Testify. A great platform for a clan with 100 members, pretty much pointless for a player base in the 10s of thousands.

This account proudly sponsored by WG

FramFramson #16 Posted 17 September 2020 - 06:22 AM

Major

• 49375 battles
  • [FLEX] FLEX

View PostEzz, on 15 September 2020 - 10:29 PM, said:

Interesting.

For mine tank rewards started here as being trivially easy but then morphed into the current form of yeah nah, will just play what i play and not bother going for whatever mid tier prems are on offer.

Same. I about doubled my T6 stable through the early ones with options like the TOG II (surprisingly still good for hilarious fun after all these years... that gun is just so godly!), the Strv, the Puddle, and maybe one or two more? But at some point the requirements became "[edited] that". The fourth (second-last) reward tier is usually dogshit too, it's not even worth half-assing it.

Edited by FramFramson, 17 September 2020 - 06:22 AM.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

Ezz #17 Posted 17 September 2020 - 06:29 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 73680 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostFramFramson, on 17 September 2020 - 08:22 AM, said:

The fourth (second-last) reward tier is usually dogshit too, it's not even worth half-assing it.

I forgot to even claim two tiers worth of rewards last month - which brings me to another annoyance with the system. The new month doesn't even have to start for you to be locked out of getting any of the rewards. This whole method of 'engaging' people by getting them to click on random pages or insert meaningless codes rather than just putting them in game is rather... disengaging. It was like that razor comp for anz they had recently where it was like 'click random website for one entry, click another for another entry'. It was like they've found a way to legitimise those bots that come on here once in a while offering pleasurable mystics that will help mend your chakra by just clicking this link - except this was 'legit'.

Edited by Ezz, 17 September 2020 - 06:34 AM.

CardinalMite #18 Posted 17 September 2020 - 07:05 AM

Captain

• 31737 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostEzz, on 16 September 2020 - 10:29 PM, said:

I forgot to even claim two tiers worth of rewards last month - which brings me to another annoyance with the system. The new month doesn't even have to start for you to be locked out of getting any of the rewards. This whole method of 'engaging' people by getting them to click on random pages or insert meaningless codes rather than just putting them in game is rather... disengaging. It was like that razor comp for anz they had recently where it was like 'click random website for one entry, click another for another entry'. It was like they've found a way to legitimise those bots that come on here once in a while offering pleasurable mystics that will help mend your chakra by just clicking this link - except this was 'legit'.

I can't express exactly how many +1s and upvotes here ^^^^

Clunky doesn't even begin to describe how awkward the process of Tank Rewards is.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience. But then if I limited myself to only arguing with non-idiots on these forums I'd literally never post"

The_Big_M #19 Posted 17 September 2020 - 09:15 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 67098 battles
  • [SMP] SMP

View PostCardinalMite, on 17 September 2020 - 09:05 AM, said:

I can't express exactly how many +1s and upvotes here ^^^^

Clunky doesn't even begin to describe how awkward the process of Tank Rewards is.

They've acknowledged but said that's how it grew. It was a side project done by a developer so built in a separate site as a hobby project. They know it's not great, but a product of its history rather than how it was designed.

mttspiii #20 Posted 17 September 2020 - 09:56 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 33647 battles
  • [PVP] PVP

View PostThe_Big_M, on 17 September 2020 - 09:15 AM, said:

They've acknowledged but said that's how it grew. It was a side project done by a developer so built in a separate site as a hobby project. They know it's not great, but a product of its history rather than how it was designed.

How can it be made better?

I have difficulty getting those 30 battles even on a weekend.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users