Steel Hunter

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

NameWasStolenStresslevel #81 Posted 26 September 2020 - 04:29 PM

Captain

• 50129 battles

View PostEzz, on 26 September 2020 - 05:23 PM, said:

He's just saying it's possible. I have been doing the dailies so not all that sure how many it took me.

EDIT: Finished the grind!

Spoiler

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 27 September 2020 - 12:07 PM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #82 Posted 27 September 2020 - 04:38 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 82310 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY

Second account finished in 2 days and 27 battles

Not much different from the first account considering the first account had an extra day of bonuses (tho I didn't use finish the bonuses)

How much shorter do you need this to be. Assuming 45 battles without bonuses = 100 points per battle, each day of bonus is 600 points = 6 battles worth. But let's say you need to play 10 battles just to finish the daily missions.

[  10 battles per day @ 100 points per battle + 600 bonus  ] * 3 days = 4800 points. 3 days of relaxed playing is enough. If you play a few games every day, you might even achieve it in 20 games.

Compare this to Frontline: Frontline is 18 games if you average major, and each game of Frontline is... 25min since most battles end with timeout (26min) or close to timeout. Meanwhile each game of SH is 15 minutes max, and you only spend the full 15 minutes if you win so that's a good thing. If you get murdered by a Harbinger at the start then you don't waste time either, so average battle time is shorter. 10 minutes average of wins and losses is a conservative estimate.

So in the 18 games needed for Frontline you can play 45 games of SH. Actual number of SH games needed? Half that number if you spread it out. Easiest tier 9 tank marathon.

"oNlY tOxIc PlAyErS bLaMe ThE tEaM fOr LoSiNg"

Still waiting for techtree-based CW

Ezz #83 Posted 27 September 2020 - 05:19 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 74444 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 27 September 2020 - 06:38 PM, said:

Easiest tier 9 tank marathon.

Pretty much my view, yet the mode is clearly polarising. I don't get it. But then perhaps it takes complete apathy in pubbing to appreciate something different.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, Balance TM and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

FramFramson #84 Posted 28 September 2020 - 02:49 AM

Major

• 50209 battles
  • [FLEX] FLEX

Yeah, I dunno, SH seems way less of a grind (in spite of the fact that I just spent two days grinding it!) than FL. If my schedule hadn't been [edited] this week so that I missed five days of mission points, It would have been trivial to complete.

Like Ezz said earlier, it's way better than horrorshow blobwars of FL.

Edited by FramFramson, 28 September 2020 - 02:50 AM.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #85 Posted 28 September 2020 - 09:35 AM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 82310 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY

The gamemode itself is less grindy

- Shorter battles

- No set up needed

- No camping

- Always on the move

- Lots of 1v1s. Or backstab people if you're a duck

- No enemies that you cannot shoot i.e. your teammates

- No useless teammates

- In general your fingers and your brain are always moving. Look left look right radio drive strategize oh sh*t a fully upgraded Walkure at 10min mark f*f*f*f*f*f* oh wait I have a Trap so screw u

In comparison, FL's brain usage is at predicting where and when is the next cap so you can farm ranks from it. And surviving. And driving straight lines.

FL has no shortage of recommended fixes from looking at player feedback. So far I don't see suggestions regarding SH's game mechanics. Balance, yes. But apparently the meta is good at self-balancing because there are way more Harbingers now and they kill Raven 1v1

Perhaps WG can apply SH game design into FL. For one, stop having such big maps where people just snipe into cap. The city maps of SH promote aggressive close combat. And active gameplay = more deaths so remove the respawn cooldown too. I mean, the current cooldown in FL in 5 minutes and waiting costs you ranks so people play to not die, and you know what a game mode where people only die once every 5 minutes looks like? Exactly what it looks like.

EvilRobot #86 Posted 28 September 2020 - 11:22 AM

Corporal

• 16687 battles
  • [SMP] SMP

Hiding is the worst way to play this mode :D

Actually, its not because then there's more tier 1 plebs for me to hunt down and stomp on the way to top 5

NameWasStolenStresslevel #87 Posted 28 September 2020 - 01:03 PM

Captain

• 50129 battles

my personal fun ranking:

1.Random/frontlines

2.Ranked/frontlines

3.Any hallowen event

4.Homefront

5.others

6.steelhunter.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #88 Posted 16 October 2020 - 08:30 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 82310 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY

In case you are wondering how people are getting upgraded turret at the 12:30 mark

Forum bug makes picture display problematic so you might have to quote this post if you want to see image

Edited by Aoyama_Blue_Mountain, 16 October 2020 - 08:31 PM.

wasaabi #89 Posted 17 October 2020 - 07:14 AM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 23256 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY
You can use spoilers to put images in which will make it easier for multiple images to be displayed properly.  

WoT ANZ Community Contributor http://www.youtube.com/c/BadTanking

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users