Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 82479 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY

"Something tells me the wrong thing is being rewarded"

NameWasStolenStresslevel #23 Posted 23 September 2020 - 08:57 AM

Captain

• 50302 battles
Still havent played steal hunter this stage but last stage i grinded it and  finished in one weekend or under 20 games, so waiting the weekend to do it because to be honest the game mode is kinda boring and have more rng elements than random battle. Try using a fast tank like the arlerquim, get at least 1 kill per game and do few thousand damages and you get extra points in the end (also try to live among the top 3).

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 23 September 2020 - 08:58 AM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

The_Big_M #24 Posted 23 September 2020 - 01:57 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 70064 battles
  • [TKSA] TKSA

View PostRem223_, on 22 September 2020 - 07:09 PM, said:

Firstly thankyou for all of the beta testers (moderator) and associated clan members for taking the time to comment on my criticism on War Gaming's changes to the Steel Hunter mode. 

Secondly my point is for the average player (by stats you are all classed as above average or better) no matter how hard you try if you do not make it into the winners circle the grind is impossible to complete based on mission rewards alone. Front line mode was always achievable with enough commitment to the mode.

Whether you or i can do it is not my overall point. By changing the rules mid mode it discourages the broader community from taking part.

Thanks Rem

With a minimum of 77 battles an average player will still make top 5 some of the time.

If you're that bad that you can never ever make top 5 i.e. basically only do 1 or 2 shots every game, never get a kill, nor hide, then I'm not sure what we're trying to achieve. To give people the reward just for clicking "battle"? I don't think that's reasonable.

And yes an average player will be able to achieve top 5 within 77 battles.

Ezz #25 Posted 23 September 2020 - 02:00 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 74759 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Plus fwiw later in the week as most decent players finish the 15 they then switch to yolo for damage and kills mode for the daily missions (or i do at least). There's not much reaons to be worried about not making the top 5 any more. Hence if you are still needing a few points the top 5s should be considerably easier.

Edited by Ezz, 23 September 2020 - 02:02 PM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, Balance TM and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #26 Posted 23 September 2020 - 08:46 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 82479 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY

Well here's a tip for people who are stuck:

Luck plays a big factor. But you can manipulate luck by choosing where to spawn based on the meta.

In the 4.04 map for example, twice I spawned in the east and was immediately greeted with two enemies. Later, I met a UK on the northeastern part of the map just to find he already had the hull upgrade. Basically there was a lack of competition and he just collected. This is I guess how we get those Walkure with >2000 HP suddenly appearing out of nowhere.

So to test that out, after I spawned east (and getting shot twice in the back running away), I went to northeast, and I got to tier 5 without firing a single shot

Spoiler

Might have had even more but I stopped taking screenshots. I think I still got an airdrop after this. Easy tier 6 at least. You can pretty much kill anything you meet at this point. So even a bad player can get a good chance of making top 5.

mttspiii #27 Posted 24 September 2020 - 07:32 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 33960 battles
  • [PVP] PVP

Missed an entire day's worth of tokens. Now it feels like a grind.

And when a game becomes a grind, maybe it's time to quit.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

NameWasStolenStresslevel #28 Posted 24 September 2020 - 07:59 AM

Captain

• 50302 battles
oh... maybe i forgot that i didnt complete it in one weekend, maybe the 20 batlles i did it was spread through the week!! thats why i was able to complete it! omg i think i wont complete this time... Didnt play a single game yet coz i thought one weekend was enough lol... GG

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

The_Big_M #29 Posted 24 September 2020 - 12:41 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 70064 battles
  • [TKSA] TKSA

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 24 September 2020 - 09:59 AM, said:

oh... maybe i forgot that i didnt complete it in one weekend, maybe the 20 batlles i did it was spread through the week!! thats why i was able to complete it! omg i think i wont complete this time... Didnt play a single game yet coz i thought one weekend was enough lol... GG

Not sure why you wouldn't try.... no arty in it, nor platoons in solo mode...

Seriously, the only benefit to playing it daily is extra kick from potential 500 points bonuses. You aren't capped daily, but you then only have the top 5 to rely on to get points.

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #30 Posted 24 September 2020 - 01:10 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 82479 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY
Took me 3 days and 25 battles including screwing around with the French and German

Ezz #31 Posted 24 September 2020 - 01:32 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 74759 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Not sure how to work out how many battles it took me, but it sure feels nice getting all 3 of the dailies done in a single battle...

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

NameWasStolenStresslevel #32 Posted 24 September 2020 - 05:26 PM

Captain

• 50302 battles
I am struggling to play steel hunter. Frontlines feels more rewarding. I was just thinking, maybe i will skip stealhunter!! I was just after the tokens, but dont need bonds and dont need the tokens. Might skip playing. Steelhunter too boring. Heck i dont even need or want to get any of the 3 tanks offered. The 3 tanks are tremenduously average. I actually hate to have those charfurtur in my team, always a bunch of snipers matched against enemy real MTs. 

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

NameWasStolenStresslevel #33 Posted 24 September 2020 - 07:13 PM

Captain

• 50302 battles
wargaming needs to make this game mode so that people dont need to play more than 5-10 battles in order to get the token. And if they wanna play more than that, then the mode will give them all the other rewards. Its too damn boring. The spawn locations are also absolutely rigged. When u get 10 people to spawn at 1/4 of the map, the other who spawn far away will have a hard time to kill the tough survivors, and if u spawn with them, them everybody jumps on you. Had a 2000 hp guy following me for 3 minutes, still 10 people alive... Wt hell is this??? BORING . I play 8 games and still level 6, i dont wanna play anymore. Frantically frontline is better coz at least i can make credits. This game mode is just too boring. 

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 24 September 2020 - 07:14 PM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

NameWasStolenStresslevel #34 Posted 24 September 2020 - 08:12 PM

Captain

• 50302 battles
well, day 1 played, level 9. Seems like i can complete in the weekend. Fine. For now i am completely done. Please wargaming, stop this grind fest, i feel literally like doing a work while playing this game mode. Too much rng.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

Ezz #35 Posted 24 September 2020 - 08:42 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 74759 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Clearly not as good a solo warrior as you'd hoped. Were your teams carrying you all this time?

NameWasStolenStresslevel #36 Posted 24 September 2020 - 08:45 PM

Captain

• 50302 battles
Do u really believe this game mode has anything to do with skill? Solo warrior? Are u talkign about randoms? This game mode is complete full of rng elements. Nothing to do with skill. Get bad loot, get not boxes around you at the start, get 3v1 or 2v1, and you are done. Plus already tier 9 at day 1, i am certanly better than you Ezz, just dont like the game mode. There is a difference.

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 24 September 2020 - 08:51 PM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

Ezz #37 Posted 24 September 2020 - 08:52 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 74759 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Pub battles have rng. So does this. One is more team dependent. One is more individual based. One has arty and platoons to blame, one doesn't.

Ps, it's a different skill set for sure, but discounting it purely because you don't like it... Sheesh, have you considered grinding arty?

Edited by Ezz, 24 September 2020 - 09:22 PM.

NameWasStolenStresslevel #38 Posted 24 September 2020 - 09:03 PM

Captain

• 50302 battles

random battles has rng, but this game mode has much more rng element, I have to repeat again that this game mode has more rng than randoms, because u speak like i said random battles has no rng. As usual trying to create a new discussion out of nowhere.

But i know this forum, quite often seems like artificial discussions are created to keep the forum going... It will be hard to make people agree that this game mode has more rng than randoms. I would have to make a long list, in which you will not read as usual (u prob didnt read until this point anyway, but other people willl). Its all about spawn location + loot location/loot variety + all the already included battle mechanics like pen/acc/alpha dmg etc that are the base of the game.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

Ezz #39 Posted 24 September 2020 - 09:20 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 74759 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

You asked whether SH had anything to do with skill, referencing the impact of rng on the outcome. Pubs have a shitload of rng too (mm, team, map, in game elements). If you're saying rng makes performance irrelevant are you saying pub performance is irrelevant? 

And how are you quantifying rng in order to compare? You say there is more. Yet based on my experience, doing well seems more down to the individual than randoms.

At any rate, it's just like how some people like fronties for the farm. Some dislike it for the blob monotony. Some like shunter because it's about how you perform. Some dislike it because of rng. And apparently that's down to spawn location which you can choose - randoms you can't; loot - everyone faces the same challenge and realistically it's primarily a means of easy xp; plus other elements - which i'll freely admit are a challenge to those who don't bother to learn them (they do differ enough from pubs such that some may be overwhelmed).

It's a game mode that is different. Not everyone is going to enjoy it or do well in it.

Side note, i'm now a little curious as to why you removed your comment stating you were doing better than me in SH? If it's unrelated to skill, why did you care... and then suddenly not care?

Edited by Ezz, 24 September 2020 - 09:24 PM.

NameWasStolenStresslevel #40 Posted 24 September 2020 - 09:27 PM

Captain

• 50302 battles

omg face palm.

1-Spawn location isnt less rng because you can choose - other people can choose too. Random battles there are only 2 spawn locations.

2-rng from battle mechanics both modes has. But in SH you can only spot the direction you looking for, hence the enemies spawning from everywhere is one more rng element than randoms

3-Loot is part of the game, but its also RNG and randoms dont have it. 

4-Random has more predictability than SH, and you can see who are you fighting against (what tanks you will meet first) so its much less rng.

5-If you get 3v1 in random its your fault, if you get 3v1 in SH, someone might have showed up just after you used your radio, pure RNG

I wont waste time in this artificial discussion, SH has more rng than randoms, thats my point, whether you like it or not, its not skill based at all. 0% skill. Thats my opinion. And randoms has more predictability so skill matter there. Hope u dont lose your sleep because someone has different opinion of you. Bye.

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 24 September 2020 - 09:32 PM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users