Steel Hunter

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

Ezz #41 Posted 24 September 2020 - 09:33 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 74444 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 24 September 2020 - 11:27 PM, said:

omg face palm.

1-Spawn location isnt less rng because you can choose - other people can choose too. Random battles there are only 2 spawn locations.

2-rng from battle mechanics both modes has. But in SH you can only spot the direction you looking for, hence the enemies spawning from everywhere is one more rng element than randoms

3-Loot is part of the game, but its also RNG and randoms dont have it. 

4-Random has more predictability than SH, and you can see who are you fighting against (what tanks you will meet first) so its much less rng.

5-If you get 3v1 in random its your fault, if you get 3v1 in SH, someone might have showed up just after you used your radio, pure RNG

I wont waste time in this artificial discussion, SH has more rng than randoms, thats my point, whether you like it or not, its not skill based at all. 0% skill. Thats my opinion. And randoms has more predictability so skill matter there. Hope u dont lose your sleep because someone has different opinion of you. Bye.

So a player choice or an rng choice... ok.

So spotting down to player ability vs spotting based on easy mode... ok.

So ability to get loot... vs ... well i guess the equivalent is how the mm deals with you ... are you bottom tier, mid tier, same tier, top tier... that's all rng. Loot is up to the player.

So you used your radio and got ganked... ummm... did the game make you use your radio?

Artificial discussion because you don't have a leg to stand on?

Or wait, is rng just some new euphemism used by those not good at something yet in some form of denial. I'm struggling therefore it must be rng. It couldn't be that i'm just not good at it. Blame platoons arty RNG!!!

Edited by Ezz, 24 September 2020 - 09:35 PM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, Balance TM and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

NameWasStolenStresslevel #42 Posted 24 September 2020 - 09:36 PM

Captain

• 50129 battles
I edited above, but there are many points that will just make my post longer, a huge list that shows how much more RNG is present on SH than random, hence almost zero skill enviroment. Okay i think its ZERO skill involved, you might have different opinion and thats completly fine and probably you right, there is some skill involved, but i prefer to think its zero, and even if i am wrong, that doesnt change the fact that SH has more rng elements than randoms.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

Ezz #43 Posted 24 September 2020 - 09:37 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 74444 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Help me out then, i think arty requires zero skill. Yet a good player can demonstrably do well. Do you see how there's levels of rng, and how it interrelates with performance?

(there's a few edits here... apologies)

Point being, just because there's some rng doesn't mean something doesn't have any skill element.

Both randoms and sh have a rng element. Both have a skill element. Those elements vary. The core however is that the 'skill' required to do well in each is different.

Edited by Ezz, 24 September 2020 - 09:40 PM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

NameWasStolenStresslevel #44 Posted 24 September 2020 - 09:39 PM

Captain

• 50129 battles
If you dont use your radio, it doesnt matter, other people will. If you spawn in a place with less enemies, thats rng, the game balance is bad because quite often too many people are in one square and no loot availiable while someone is alone in the other side of the map. The spawn locations are random pings that the system ask you to pick one of 2 locations that RNG chooses, not you, and so it does for everybody else. Loot get same rep kit and no med kit, how is that not rng for you. You telling me to compare bottom tier in randoms, bottom tier is manageable, bad loot is not manageable, wth i was expecting more from you lol. Useless discussion.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

Ezz #45 Posted 24 September 2020 - 09:52 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 74444 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 24 September 2020 - 11:39 PM, said:

If you dont use your radio, it doesnt matter, other people will.

Very quick answer... then one person (or however many happened to use radio at once) knows where you are, not everyone in your range.

If you spawn in a place with less enemies, thats rng, 

Learn the maps, learn which spawns tend to be busy, which ones quiet. Learn which tanks want 'busy'. Learn which ones where you just want to run away.

the game balance is bad because quite often too many people are in one square and no loot availiable while someone is alone in the other side of the map. 

Agree the balance between tanks isn't great but then neither is pubs. As to spawns... honestly, if you're always feeling like you're in the wrong spot... then maybe re think your approach to spawn.

(getting bored of the quote business now)

So spawn choice... can you imagine being given choice of spawn in randoms? Or even on a finer level where within a spawn you are to allow a better run to key locations?

Green loot... yeah, dice roll as to what you get... Pro tip, roll more die! If your life depends on one green loot... then you probably misplayed some engagement earlier or were too passive.

As to bottom tier... haven't been in the situation of late, but my first win last year in SH was basically by purely running away. Didn't engage anything, when in last 3, the other 2 were busy dueling in the danger zone, turned red... neither made it to the final square. I won. And believe me, that was a whole lot worse than bottom tier last year. I just played what was in front of me, and came out on top. In pubs it's rare that you can carry while so disadvantaged from a combat perspective. We aren't talking manticores vs ebrs... we're talking setters vs chieftains. Yet shunter made that possible.

Edited by Ezz, 24 September 2020 - 09:54 PM.

NameWasStolenStresslevel #46 Posted 24 September 2020 - 10:01 PM

Captain

• 50129 battles

Ezz, if ONE person happen to use the radio when you are fighting someone else, then you are no longer fighting only one person, maybe now its more clear for you to understand? Now the more people use radio coming from other directions or the person you fighthing use the radio, more people will come. Thats RNG, specially because of random spawn locations.

There is not such thing as "learn the maps", its completly random, everybody is thinking the same thing: "lets learn the map and go for the place with less people" - BANG! everybody will go to the same location with less people (also, who said I want to go to a place with less people? Stop assuming, I just need ammo and meds, and loot is completly messed).

Its completly random and clueless. Random RNG is manageable with gold ammo, playing better, organizing resources (teamamtes or your HP/armor). SH has no elements that you can control besides the basic combat knowledge which is so basic that we cant call it skill. Damn what a LONG post from you EZZ, havent seen one like this before. I will read it I promise. You have got points, you are a respectable forum user, but honesly right now i have got to go man. My point is there, too much RNG in SH, nothing to learn, just luck and BS. Good bye. 

PS, Sorry for the edit, but i am already at level 9 in what? 3 hours played? maybe 3.5. So i am pretty satisfied that this grind is ending soon. So no need for "pro tips" from you, also its hard to tell if you are really a pro, as there is not statistics for this game mode and the small battle sample that this game mode allow people to have so far is probably not a good sample for skill measurment. GG and not gonna disrespect you coz u are a 10 years old wot veteran, lucky for you. But dont come at me trying to set standards or "teach" unteachable things. Its BSm i am simply not listening to it, its just a grind and not even fun to begin with. Dont waste your time here. BYE

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 24 September 2020 - 10:07 PM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

Ezz #47 Posted 24 September 2020 - 10:20 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 74444 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

The use of radio absolutely has risks. It's not some completely free thing. As a tip, use it when you know it comes with little risk - ie early when you're relatively even with everyone, or later when you know that you can stomp anyone who comes sniffing. As above, if you're getting ganked after using your radio a lot, or getting ganked when duelling, then maybe rethink your radio usage or who you are duelling.

The maps have defined patterns. Eg air drops are typically central. Fringes tend to have fewer spawns. Loot appears to be well spread early. Later on loots are fewer so get them early. The game tries to centralise players via the zone and airdrops. All this stuff is learnable. You can get better at it. To say it's only rng is like saying shooting is pure rng because of dispersion, pen and alpha. Sure there's lots of rng in there, but there's also lots of skill that differentiates people.

As to completely random and clueless... those who finished it quickly would argue differently. Is it the same skill that makes someone good at pubs... no. Is it completely devoid of any skill... also no.

And because it's not manageable with gold ammo... that's a bad thing? It's basically what many said would improve pubs - higher alpha lower pen or v.v.. Personally i don't mind pubs as they are... but manageable with gold??? Yikes. There's even new armor models for people to learn. They aren't rng, they are simply down to people needing to learn (or at the very least not auto aim) where to shoot.

Playing better absolutely plays a role. If you are genuinely going to argue this... then you are going to need something more than your feels.

Organising resourses... so instead of working as a team - which is a skill for sure (and why i love pubs too ... well love may be a tad strong... used to love perhaps ;) ) - you are down to how you manage your own hp and abilities. They are make and break and a new skill to learn. Some are good at that skill, some are not. I remember my first duel in a raven vs some tank or other, and i completely stuffed my use of the trap thing... lost me the battle. Learned from that, have used it properly since, rarely lose a 1v1 when i have trap. Just today, final duel, both in brits, he got his berserk off way too early, i just ran for most of it, healed, and then used mine once he'd closed. GG. The amount of times i've either completely outplayed someone or been completely outplayed due to skill usage is considerably more in SH. Not because of rng, but because there's new skills involved.

Edited by Ezz, 24 September 2020 - 10:22 PM.

NameWasStolenStresslevel #48 Posted 24 September 2020 - 10:30 PM

Captain

• 50129 battles
completly random rng based game mode. Too good almost ending (level 9 in just 3 hours, dont need your tips man). Its hard to believe even without stats enable you are trying to teach me lol. Whats ur reference? I dont struggle at all in randoms, why would struggle in this BS game mode? Just saying its boring man, calm down, what a long post LOL. Its almost over already. Plus I already said, your tips about use of radio are USELESS as you cannot control enemies using radio.. Are u suggesting me to run away the whole game? Is that what u call skill? Hide in the corner? WTH i want to fight other tanks dude, then someone else use radio while i am fighiting and come 2v1 me. Just random. Dont try to teach Ezz, you are not even that good in randoms to begin with.

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 24 September 2020 - 10:32 PM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #49 Posted 24 September 2020 - 10:47 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 82310 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY

RNG is when a bot wins 40% of the time and a pro using a not-OP tank not in platoon not shooting gold (Debatable, because gold is like standard ammo nowadays) and not having Twitch streamer MM can win around 60% of the time.

So what do we call it when a pro wins 25% of the time while bot wins 0%?

"oNlY tOxIc PlAyErS bLaMe ThE tEaM fOr LoSiNg"

Still waiting for techtree-based CW

Ezz #50 Posted 24 September 2020 - 10:49 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 74444 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Claims it's random and doesn't require skill, backflips to just finds it boring, then references how well he's progressing. Could you be any more confused about the mode? It's like the whole mode has introduced more whoosh into your life and it's adding to those stress levels.

NameWasStolenStresslevel #51 Posted 24 September 2020 - 10:58 PM

Captain

• 50129 battles

its not confusing at all if you actually read the posts -

I am almost finishing in 3 hours which is great because i dislike the GRIND rng fest mode. Thats a summary. Its just that we dislike each other Ezz, things wont go well between us trust me.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

Ezz #52 Posted 24 September 2020 - 11:03 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 74444 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

I've nothing against you personally, i just enjoy poking holes in the contradictory quibbles you keep posting.

But I must say, since you're finishing it so quickly, you must have had some bizarrely good rng given, in your own words, it's completely random and clueless.

Edited by Ezz, 24 September 2020 - 11:04 PM.

NameWasStolenStresslevel #53 Posted 24 September 2020 - 11:10 PM

Captain

• 50129 battles

View PostEzz, on 25 September 2020 - 12:03 AM, said:

I've nothing against you personally, i just enjoy poking holes in the contradictory quibbles you keep posting.

But I must say, since you're finishing it so quickly, you must have had some bizarrely good rng given, in your own words, it's completely random and clueless.

yes I admit it was all luck. And i dont need tips for gambling thank you. Its same luck patterns everytime i play this gamemode. Boring looking map with dark pallet and shades everywhere. Depressing and clown Rng fest. Finishin fast as possible. Tomorrow last day. 

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

NameWasStolenStresslevel #54 Posted 24 September 2020 - 11:20 PM

Captain

• 50129 battles
also this forum... taking a holiday from it. It triggers my negative side. Too much things that need to change.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

Ezz #55 Posted 25 September 2020 - 07:25 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 74444 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Holiday didn't last I take it. By the looks you were on a bit of an all night bender. Did you end up learning how to use your radio?

NameWasStolenStresslevel #56 Posted 25 September 2020 - 09:21 AM

Captain

• 50129 battles
the way to use the radio is just playstyle, especially if you are the hiding type. Then why would I give a damn about it? The game mode is just a grind to be ended fast (for me), and since the use of radio is totally RNG because of people spawn locations/loot/storm direction/fight locations which will define the way players move around the map, there is no point learning absolutely nothing, it will all end up in RNG that doesnt make any sense at all for a quicky grinder to care about.

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 25 September 2020 - 09:22 AM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #57 Posted 25 September 2020 - 11:01 AM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 82310 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY
Met a French without a hull upgrade at second place this morning.

"oNlY tOxIc PlAyErS bLaMe ThE tEaM fOr LoSiNg"

Still waiting for techtree-based CW

Ezz #58 Posted 25 September 2020 - 11:03 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 74444 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 25 September 2020 - 01:01 PM, said:

Met a French without a hull upgrade at second place this morning.

Clearly rng.

The_Big_M #59 Posted 25 September 2020 - 02:47 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 69684 battles
  • [TKSA] TKSA

View PostEzz, on 25 September 2020 - 01:03 AM, said:

The holes are even stronger than usual.

I'm lost what is regarded as qualifying for skill at the end of this. It seems to be just what a certain person defines, but which is nebulous. Apparently, how you use a radio and its effects are also completely random. Not in my experience, but there you go...

The other funny thing was this thread started with complaints that it was impossible for some players to ever get rewards thanks to revamped missions. Which is the opposite of being completely random.

Ezz #60 Posted 25 September 2020 - 03:05 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 74444 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Some players are just habitually bad at rng.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users