Steel Hunter

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

_Sabre_ #61 Posted 26 September 2020 - 11:41 AM

Over It

• 38921 battles
  • [FLEX] FLEX

Was there a point to this mode? Seemed like you had a few days to complete the grind this time around and more levels too.

Did anyone really get to finish this?

I mostly enjoy these little game modes, as they offer something different. I found that SH this time around was not as enjoyable as the first time. I'm not sure if it was because there was more of a sense of urgency to try to complete it in a short time that detracted from the enjoyment.

What i did notice was that i was a whole lot unluckier this time around. Seems too they might have rebalanced some of the tanks too.

Teaming was a bit of a suprise that i noticed this time.

Overall, not as enjoyable as the first time.

Ezz #62 Posted 26 September 2020 - 12:11 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 75473 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Umm... it took a little over 2 days because i didn't feel like try harding it. They made the daily missions harder, but the grind was the same length.

Edited by Ezz, 26 September 2020 - 12:14 PM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, Balance TM and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

_Sabre_ #63 Posted 26 September 2020 - 12:16 PM

Over It

• 38921 battles
  • [FLEX] FLEX

View PostEzz, on 26 September 2020 - 12:11 PM, said:

Umm... it took a little over 2 days because i didn't feel like try harding it. They made the daily missions harder, but the grind was the same length.

You took 2 days, because you didn't feel like tryharding it?

Do you see how that looks contradictory?

Ezz #64 Posted 26 September 2020 - 12:36 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 75473 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Post_Sabre_, on 26 September 2020 - 02:16 PM, said:

You took 2 days, because you didn't feel like tryharding it?

Do you see how that looks contradictory?

It may have been easier earlier in the week. It takes time for people to learn the meta i guess. And how to use radios.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

The_Big_M #65 Posted 26 September 2020 - 12:42 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 72095 battles
  • [MQXD] MQXD

I paced myself to 5 days (finished yesterday) so to maximise efficiency and give contingency in case delayed, while letting me play other modes as well. I enjoyed it slightly less as the lack of/fewer rewards from dmg meant there were more 'less rewarding' games, but it's still quite manageable and a good variation.

So yeah, not as good as last time, but it's still an enjoyable diversion - just a bit less rewarding for time spent.

Ezz #66 Posted 26 September 2020 - 12:53 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 75473 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostThe_Big_M, on 26 September 2020 - 02:42 PM, said:

just a bit less rewarding for time spent.

If they sorted out the credit earnings it could be a little more worth it. Losing 10k when ganked should be offset with decent gains when you do well.

_Sabre_ #67 Posted 26 September 2020 - 01:00 PM

Over It

• 38921 battles
  • [FLEX] FLEX

View PostEzz, on 26 September 2020 - 12:36 PM, said:

It may have been easier earlier in the week. It takes time for people to learn the meta i guess. And how to use radios.

Yes, you could be right there.

I have only played a few battles during the week of an evening, and I didnt do too well.

I thought if I can give it a crack on the weekend, "she'd be right".

Needless to say my experience thus far mirrors none of those earlier sentiments.

I honestly dont think that, with my somewhat limited capacity to tolerate the game play in an extended sense, that i would be able to complete this mode, this time around.

That kind of makes me dissapointed; firstly in myself as a player, because any normal person will reflect on that being a contributor; as well as the development of the game mode too.

NameWasStolenStresslevel #68 Posted 26 September 2020 - 01:43 PM

Captain

• 50907 battles

So many assumptions wow. How do people even know whether its harder or not than before or how is the playerbase doing just based on what ppl are posting here? there is even no stats for this game mode at all. Is just all feels and assumptions this thread... the correct way to use radio is simply 100% usage. Always know where the enemy is, always know where loot is. This is how to minimize the randominess and rng of this gamemode. If u are controling the way you use your radio in anyway, you are either choose the hiding playerstyle or waiting someone else to detect you. The 100% full detection is the least rng one.

This gamemode is completly basic and easy, the only problem is that its completly boring. In one game in order to win on avg, takes a full 15 minutes game, to earn that little amount of credits... This gamemode was the biggest turn off to me, boring looking maps. Extremely sad looking maps. There is still 2 episodes to go. At least I will know about crew 2.0 before the next season, the crew 2.0 will be the main driving factor for me to continue or not playing this game routinely.

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 26 September 2020 - 02:02 PM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

The_Big_M #69 Posted 26 September 2020 - 02:04 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 72095 battles
  • [MQXD] MQXD

View PostEzz, on 26 September 2020 - 02:53 PM, said:

If they sorted out the credit earnings it could be a little more worth it. Losing 10k when ganked should be offset with decent gains when you do well.

WG, on credits: "Treat em mean, keep em keen."

The_Big_M #70 Posted 26 September 2020 - 02:07 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 72095 battles
  • [MQXD] MQXD

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 26 September 2020 - 03:43 PM, said:

So many assumptions wow. How do people even know whether its harder or not than before or how is the playerbase doing just based on what ppl are posting here? there is even no stats for this game mode at all. Is just all feels and assumptions this thread... the correct way to use radio is simply 100% usage. Always know where the enemy is, always know where loot is. This is how to minimize the randominess and rng of this gamemode. If u are controling the way you use your radio in anyway, you are either choose the hiding playerstyle or waiting someone else to detect you. The 100% full detection is the least rng one.

This gamemode is completly basic and easy, the only problem is that its completly boring. In one game in order to win on avg, takes a full 15 minutes game, to earn that little amount of credits... This gamemode was the biggest turn off to me, boring looking maps. Extremely sad looking maps. There is still 2 episodes to go. At least I will know about crew 2.0 before the next season, the crew 2.0 will be the main driving factor for me to continue or not playing this game routinely.

Hmm, less RNG is boring, that's the point of it. If you always got the same place, with the same enemies, with the same dmg, that's boring. That's why they mix it up, hide things, so you control the radio use. 

If you want to run it 100% of the time, go for your life. That actually makes things more boring, as you know what's out there more. So your arguments are contradictory, but hey if that works for you...

Oh, and stating an increase from 3000 to 4500 dmg is not "feels" it's a fact. And the discussion flowed from that.

NameWasStolenStresslevel #71 Posted 26 September 2020 - 02:10 PM

Captain

• 50907 battles

so now you wanna decide whats boring or not to me? I came here just to post my experiences, not to try to teach people something thats just about owns playstyle. Its actually quite ridiculous to do that.  For me it works radio 100% usage. Simple and easy gamemode. Just boring and not rewarding at all. 

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 26 September 2020 - 02:16 PM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

NameWasStolenStresslevel #72 Posted 26 September 2020 - 02:13 PM

Captain

• 50907 battles
the increase of dmg from 3k to 4k isnt and indicative that people are learning anything, its just that it seemed easy from the start, so wg is making people grind more because it was ending too quickly. 

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

NameWasStolenStresslevel #73 Posted 26 September 2020 - 02:19 PM

Captain

• 50907 battles
The thread isnt working as I thought it would be. There is no feedback thread or anything? I am not looking for SH tips, i just wanna stay away from it, but still 2 seasons to get the remaining tokens...Cant feel fun in this game mode, games too long for little rewards. Maps need some cheer up, it looks too post apocalyptic to me. I have so many zombie games to go play, dont need this in a tank game. But then again i am afraid this might be the wrong thread to say this. I hope crew 2.0 will be bad so i finally can try something else.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

Ezz #74 Posted 26 September 2020 - 02:19 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 75473 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 26 September 2020 - 04:13 PM, said:

the increase of dmg from 3k to 4k isnt and indicative that people are learning anything, its just that it seemed easy from the start, so wg is making people grind more because it was ending too quickly. 

The most notable change to the missions wasn't so much the increased damage requirement, it was the halving of the rewards for it. Means to finish people had to at least once place, rather than just botting to it.

The_Big_M #75 Posted 26 September 2020 - 02:24 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 72095 battles
  • [MQXD] MQXD

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 26 September 2020 - 04:10 PM, said:

so now you wanna decide whats boring or not to me? I came here just to post my experiences, not to try to teach people something thats just about owns playstyle. Its actually quite ridiculous to do that.  For me it works radio 100% usage. Simple and easy gamemode. Just boring and not rewarding at all. 

You told everyone "the correct way to use radio is simply 100% usage" which is simply incorrect. You may prefer it that way, which is fine, doesn't mean it's the correct way or the way everyone should play.

Edited by The_Big_M, 26 September 2020 - 02:25 PM.

NameWasStolenStresslevel #76 Posted 26 September 2020 - 02:30 PM

Captain

• 50907 battles
I dont even wanna argue, you just jumped in the middle of a discussion of someone who was trying to teach me play a gamemode that i dont wanna play and thats why i grinded it fast. The thread isnt gathering feedback i see, but in case it is, just hope WG fix the duration of the games and the rewards. Make it shorter and more rewarding for those who get to top. And please do something about the maps, i started playing my zombie games just as this game mode released. I either go play randoms or go play my zombie games. Cant play a hybrid of zombie tank gamemode thats boring and no rewarding for so many minutes. Not sure i can do that for other 2 seasons.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

Ezz #77 Posted 26 September 2020 - 02:41 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 75473 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
There's been a fair amount of feedback in here. Granted there has also been plenty of discussion regarding if there is any skill involved, but that's how discussions of a game mode work. It's not like this was supposed to be a feedback only thread in the first place.

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #78 Posted 26 September 2020 - 02:44 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 83455 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY
There *is* stats tho. Just screenshot how many battles you took to reach rank 15 if you think that matters in the discussion.

47%-ers: "Stat shaming is bad, XVM is bad, we need anonymizer"

Also 47%-ers:

NameWasStolenStresslevel #79 Posted 26 September 2020 - 03:58 PM

Captain

• 50907 battles

i havent finish it to be honest. Quit out of interest. Why do you need a screenshot for? Just using peoples words stated here isnt enough for the discussion? who is on trial here?? 

And who are u asking to post a screenshot? Me or Ezz?

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 26 September 2020 - 03:58 PM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

Ezz #80 Posted 26 September 2020 - 04:23 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 75473 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
He's just saying it's possible. I have been doing the dailies so not all that sure how many it took me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users