WOT vs WOTB, wich one grinds to tier 10 fastest?

WOT WOTB GRIND

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Random_Freedom #1 Posted 22 September 2020 - 09:24 AM

Private

• 369 battles
Hi everyone, i'm looking for a comparison with the game here. This point, i've grind to tier 4 Italian tank in World of Tanks in the course of 2 months, and in World of tanks blitz, i've grinded to tier 6 in the course of 3 months of playing (then stop). I'm just curious wich one grinds to tier 10 fastest?

Puggsley #2 Posted 22 September 2020 - 09:59 AM

Major

• 76222 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY

Speed of the grind is irrelevant. 

It takes time to learn how to be effective. Map knowledge, situational awareness, tank capability, skilled crew.

Don't become another idiot in a TX tank who has no idea how to play. 

Ezz #3 Posted 22 September 2020 - 11:23 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 75474 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
The quickest one is the one where you perform most effectively. Winning and battle contribution will not only be more enjoyable, but also quicker.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, Balance TM and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

CardinalMite #4 Posted 22 September 2020 - 01:45 PM

Captain

• 32550 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

One of the things I think  many players miss is that for enjoyment of the game arguably tier 10 is one of the less fun tiers. People obsess about getting to tier 10 as fast as possible but then when they get there they often realise that the most fun tiers were arguably 5,6,7 & 9.

Sure some of the special events are tier 10 only but arguably that is less so these days.

So I would ask OP? Why would you want to grind to tier 10 so fast, what is the rush for?

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience. But then if I limited myself to only arguing with non-idiots on these forums I'd literally never post"

Random_Freedom #5 Posted 22 September 2020 - 08:46 PM

Private

• 369 battles

View PostCardinalMite, on 22 September 2020 - 01:45 PM, said:

One of the things I think  many players miss is that for enjoyment of the game arguably tier 10 is one of the less fun tiers. People obsess about getting to tier 10 as fast as possible but then when they get there they often realise that the most fun tiers were arguably 5,6,7 & 9.

Sure some of the special events are tier 10 only but arguably that is less so these days.

So I would ask OP? Why would you want to grind to tier 10 so fast, what is the rush for?

i kinda set a goal to tier 10 in wot, but i,m not just grinding 1 tree, instead 3 different tree with each different types (spg, medium, and light) so i dont want to play the game kinda point less.... in my other game wows, the aim for tier 10 gave me a motivation to grind (now tier 8 in wows) but also its not just 1 nation, its 3 nation with 4 types of ship, my grind plan is kinda similar with wot. and thanks for the reply

Edited by Random_Freedom, 22 September 2020 - 08:47 PM.

Puggsley #6 Posted 23 September 2020 - 07:47 AM

Major

• 76222 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY

View PostRandom_Freedom, on 22 September 2020 - 10:46 PM, said:

i kinda set a goal to tier 10 in wot, but i,m not just grinding 1 tree, instead 3 different tree with each different types (spg, medium, and light) so i dont want to play the game kinda point less.... in my other game wows, the aim for tier 10 gave me a motivation to grind (now tier 8 in wows) but also its not just 1 nation, its 3 nation with 4 types of ship, my grind plan is kinda similar with wot. and thanks for the reply

Your journey in both those games will be a lot more fun if you learn the game mechanics. Part of the fun is being effective and feeling like you are contributing to your team. Relying on your team to provide you wins etc is obviously not fun from the large number of posts here and in WoWS forums complaining about teams. The people who complain about those teams are usually players who have not learnt the basics of the game and pushed up into high tiers.

Your performance in both games show you are struggling to understand basics. You struggle to stay alive and deal damage, both critical parts of the games.

Don't fall for the trap that a certain tank/ship will suddenly get you a lot of wins.

A Tier 10 tank or ship will not magically cover up any shortfalls you have as a commander. In fact they will magnify them because you will be playing against people who definitely understand game mechanics, have skilled crews/captains and are probably driving some of the better tanks/ships. With your current skill set and experience and knowledge of the game, in both WoWs and WoT you are pretty much cannon fodder for experienced players. This will only get worse as you push up the tiers unless you take some time to learn some basic skills. How to survive to the end of the game so that you can help your team win more games would be an area which will help you immediately.

There are many goals to set besides getting a Tier 10 tank/ship. Maybe a certain win rate in that tank/ship. A certain personal rating? Maybe an Ace in each tank.

You seem to be choosing lines which are difficult to play if you don't have deep game knowledge (light thanks and mediums in WoT, destroyers and cruisers in WoWS). Heavy tanks and battleships are by far the most learner friendly classes to start out in. You can learn armour and penetration mechanics without worrying about vision, camo, maps and support team duties that much. Once you have a feel for armour and penetration you can easily build on those skills in the other classes.

Coming to the forums is a great start, especially so early in your WG career. 

CardinalMite #7 Posted 23 September 2020 - 10:13 AM

Captain

• 32550 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostRandom_Freedom, on 22 September 2020 - 12:46 PM, said:

Puggs pretty much answered this as I would have but I do appreciate that you are asking questions and at least open to other points of view. Not something we see a lot of around here. Don't fall for some of the tinfoil you will see and while certainly the game has issues, it is still the case that personal performance on average does matter and can contribute to getting more out of the game.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience. But then if I limited myself to only arguing with non-idiots on these forums I'd literally never post"

Puggsley #8 Posted 23 September 2020 - 11:20 AM

Major

• 76222 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY

Some good info relevant to both games 

Totally relevant for both games

NameWasStolenStresslevel #9 Posted 23 September 2020 - 12:24 PM

Captain

• 50907 battles
funny thing about this thread is that the op never asked how to grind to tier 10 quickly. He simply asked which one is faster grind. The only info he presented was the 2 months journey to tier 4 wot 3 months to tier 6 wotb. He never said he want to grind faster, yet lots of people are going mad with the possibility that he will rush tiers :teethhappy:. Yeah sure playing better will make the grind faster, but I dont know how much XP is needed to grind to tier 10 in wotblitz, so cant tell for sure if its same xp requirments than wotpc. Therefore dont know which one is fastest, but one thing is sure, playing well is sure to make both of these WoT versions grind fast!

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

Puggsley #10 Posted 23 September 2020 - 12:46 PM

Major

• 76222 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 23 September 2020 - 02:24 PM, said:

funny thing about this thread is that the op never asked how to grind to tier 10 quickly. He simply asked which one is faster grind. The only info he presented was the 2 months journey to tier 4 wot 3 months to tier 6 wotb. He never said he want to grind faster, yet lots of people are going mad with the possibility that he will rush tiers :teethhappy:. Yeah sure playing better will make the grind faster, but I dont know how much XP is needed to grind to tier 10 in wotblitz, so cant tell for sure if its same xp requirments than wotpc. Therefore dont know which one is fastest, but one thing is sure, playing well is sure to make both of these WoT versions grind fast!

+ many for not mentioning arty or platoons. Refreshing.

When someone SAYS they want to grind to tier X as their goal of playing the game I will listen to them. 

We simply introduced the common sense variable that game knowledge and learning to play well are probably much more important variables than game platform when it comes to speed. 

And its clear that Random is pushing hard to tier 10 in the game he has most experience. WoWS. And that he is facing the same issues pretty much all players have when starting out.

Edited by Puggsley, 23 September 2020 - 12:47 PM.

CardinalMite #11 Posted 23 September 2020 - 03:02 PM

Captain

• 32550 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 23 September 2020 - 04:24 AM, said:

Going mad at the possibility of rushing tiers.... Actually my main point was that tier 10 may prove to be a relative disappointment and that other tiers along the way may be more fun. I stand by that statement. Isn't that why people play the game? Doing well at the game is also a fun element, so doing well at the game while playing tiers that are more fun isn't exactly the most controversial statement. Not sure what the issue is here NWSSL?

Puggsley #12 Posted 23 September 2020 - 04:31 PM

Major

• 76222 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY

View PostCardinalMite, on 23 September 2020 - 05:02 PM, said:

Going mad at the possibility of rushing tiers.... Actually my main point was that tier 10 may prove to be a relative disappointment and that other tiers along the way may be more fun. I stand by that statement. Isn't that why people play the game? Doing well at the game is also a fun element, so doing well at the game while playing tiers that are more fun isn't exactly the most controversial statement. Not sure what the issue is here NWSSL?

I don't think you mentioned how bad platoons were.

And you definitely disagreed....... totally unforgiveable.

Edited by Puggsley, 23 September 2020 - 05:41 PM.

NameWasStolenStresslevel #13 Posted 23 September 2020 - 05:57 PM

Captain

• 50907 battles

omg good luck asking question in this forum op.... Try going on blitz forums and asking there someone who have also played wot pc. There is things like booster availability/differences in both plataforms that differs from one another. Also blueprints is availaible to PC while wotblitz maybe different, so playing well and winning will make both plataforms a faster grind, but which one is faster, will be hard to answer. 

Ps. looked up on google a polite way to say "stubborn" and it came out as "obstinated". This is how some ANZ forum users look like sometimes.

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 23 September 2020 - 08:00 PM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

Puggsley #14 Posted 24 September 2020 - 07:35 AM

Major

• 76222 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY
The ones who always go on about arty and platoons and bring that up in almost every post regardless of topic?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users