so, the event...

Event halloween 2020

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

obj_19 #1 Posted 26 October 2020 - 07:06 PM

Corporal

• 5157 battles

Bruh, this event is real cool ngl. WG did a great job with working lights (I wish to see it as an implemented feature along with Low-Visibility maps, possible sand river having sandstorms by random chance,  not always but i digress-)

The standard 3 tanks are good. The 13-90 one is fast as heck, Has 5 shells, and a 1.5s unload intraclip. In 7.5s you would've done upto 900 or so damage.

The centurion ones a great all rounder. just like it's standard counterpart. Ok mobility, Ok guns, great turret armor.

M103 one is big alpha. good hulldown. Slow tho.

Only managed to win 1 battle, all three phases out of 8 today. I think personally, The mode punishes you for not working as a team. If you don't, you'll get steamrolled by bots (ultimate shame to asia players. Well, every WoT player). Won with the centy 7/1 event tank. Great match with 10K damage.

Now one question. So far, I've only met fireballs, P43 bis, ter, pantera, Panther 2, Skorpion and the immortal. Nothing else. Can't see a t29, or even a single black prince. No KV-2 half buried either. Is it cause i only played on lowest difficulty?

The best tank here is the centy ofc. It's perfect with a good fire rate, great hulldown (really have to rely on it), and okay mobility can get you around and it can fight.

The thing i really fricking hate is the bots spawn only once you're deep into the tornado icon, causing the whole team to be surrounded by bots in a pincer shape. Otherwise it's great. It's all very cool.

Now, there was a mission today that said that we have to finish the third phase to get a stage 1 camo. Idk how to apply it. I can't see a camo menu. It says automatically applied to event vehicles but no changes whatsoever. is it a bug??

Y'all's thoughts?

retired blitz unicorn.

I'm a complete noob

i'm the worst guide writer in the world,

Don't listen to my advice or your winrate might go below 30%.

The_Big_M #2 Posted 26 October 2020 - 07:57 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 74135 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

View Postobj_19, on 26 October 2020 - 09:06 PM, said:

Now one question. So far, I've only met fireballs, P43 bis, ter, pantera, Panther 2, Skorpion and the immortal. Nothing else. Can't see a t29, or even a single black prince. No KV-2 half buried either. Is it cause i only played on lowest difficulty?

Yes, just like Immortal only appears from second stage (not first), I believe Mosquitos and a few others will only appear on 4th stage.

View Postobj_19, on 26 October 2020 - 09:06 PM, said:

Now, there was a mission today that said that we have to finish the third phase to get a stage 1 camo. Idk how to apply it. I can't see a camo menu. It says automatically applied to event vehicles but no changes whatsoever. is it a bug??

Yes, if you've won it's on. Look at a tank from above and you'll see a white stripe across the front. That's the main visible feature. Next level... two white stripes!

obj_19 #3 Posted 26 October 2020 - 08:21 PM

Corporal

• 5157 battles

View PostThe_Big_M, on 26 October 2020 - 04:57 PM, said:

Yes, just like Immortal only appears from second stage (not first), I believe Mosquitos and a few others will only appear on 4th stage.

Yes, if you've won it's on. Look at a tank from above and you'll see a white stripe across the front. That's the main visible feature. Next level... two white stripes!

The white stripes thing is disappointing. Man i wish the lights on allied tanks work too. They look like they've got overglorified LED's stuck to them..and oh god how it would help in stage 3. I can't count the times i've crashed into a pillar or a untraversable rubble pile accidentally.

retired blitz unicorn.

I'm a complete noob

pancake_lord #4 Posted 27 October 2020 - 09:43 AM

Corporal

• 7171 battles
  • [3PAK] 3PAK
Be cool if the bots and afk's could be controlled. And folks PLEASE STAY TOGETHER!

Three afk players in three consecutive battles, followed by two battles with random solo yolo tomfoolery.

At this point I screeched and bailed.

NameWasStolenStresslevel #5 Posted 27 October 2020 - 10:17 AM

Captain

• 51180 battles

View Postpancake_lord, on 27 October 2020 - 10:43 AM, said:

Be cool if the bots and afk's could be controlled. And folks PLEASE STAY TOGETHER!

Three afk players in three consecutive battles, followed by two battles with random solo yolo tomfoolery.

At this point I screeched and bailed.

They are being controlled through the "difficult" settings. Just play the hardest levels where the bots get filtered out..But no people so no game at level 3. The lower level can actually be won even with around 2 bots on the team.

I didnt play level 2 but I will avoid it and go straight to 3. I think level 2 is full of people who are "just testing" level 2, so its likely lvl 2 will be waste of time.. Better avoid it. Level 3 is likely to have only the ones who are actually up to the task and plan the routes correctly and also there is a few things regarding picking too much blue stuff at the earlier stages, sometimes its better to let the low HP guys get into the point first and then you get later, if you pretty sure they are the sure-to-die type. Dont let them be the ones carrying the excess weight.

First dozen of games I didnt know i could install consumables coz it was bugged the UI did not show equipment slot, then they fixed it, but still pocket 43 coins. Spent excess gold i have in the event, its been a cool play for fun game. But think its not good for the non-gold spenders.

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 27 October 2020 - 10:34 AM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #6 Posted 27 October 2020 - 10:45 AM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 83895 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY

Yea can confirm that you can have two bots and still win difficulty 1, one of the bots even had a warning mark for quitting early.

Only played 3 games in difficulty 1 so don't know the bot percentage.

I still haven't won difficulty 3, seems like the more gold tanks and RB badges you get, the less chance of winning, and there are lots of both at difficulty 3. Can people buy their way to difficulty 3 or something?

So far the best teamwork I have seen is from difficulty 2, a team of mostly AMX just clip everything. And then once in a while a grenadier will just go on his own and blame team for losing.

Edited by Aoyama_Blue_Mountain, 27 October 2020 - 10:46 AM.

47%-ers: "Stat shaming is bad, XVM is bad, we need anonymizer"

Also 47%-ers:

NameWasStolenStresslevel #7 Posted 27 October 2020 - 11:54 AM

Captain

• 51180 battles

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 27 October 2020 - 11:45 AM, said:

Yea can confirm that you can have two bots and still win difficulty 1, one of the bots even had a warning mark for quitting early.

Only played 3 games in difficulty 1 so don't know the bot percentage.

I still haven't won difficulty 3, seems like the more gold tanks and RB badges you get, the less chance of winning, and there are lots of both at difficulty 3. Can people buy their way to difficulty 3 or something?

So far the best teamwork I have seen is from difficulty 2, a team of mostly AMX just clip everything. And then once in a while a grenadier will just go on his own and blame team for losing.

For 3k-ish gold I think you can buy the gold tanks which arent necessarily better at winning than the non-premium ones, but they increase tank availability on the garage and also comes with + 30 drug packs and xp boosters. Then win 2 games at lvl 2. So all the players playing lvl 3 won at least two games at lvl 2. The gold tanks btw says earns more coins per lvl acquired, but its a shame that its only a 1 time coin bonus per lvl meaning it will eventually earn the same amount of coins than a free-to-play tank would earn. Shame in my opinion.

Other thing I just notice you can actually use drugs for credits, but it costs more silver the more drugs you use and you can only do it 4 times apparently. So a free to play player who understands that bulding your economy and saving credits is actually part of being good in the game would have enough credits to use drugs 4 times. But after that the pay to play player will have the advantage of having 30 drugs to use if he purchased the 3k gold drug pack.

PS. I suspect bots will eventually make their way through higher levels since some of the missions to get certain rewards requires playing higher lvl missions. But they have a 1 week to do that. Its gonna get more botty at lvl 2-3 the more the week advances.

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 27 October 2020 - 12:06 PM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

Koji001 #8 Posted 27 October 2020 - 07:54 PM

Private

• 8452 battles
Every time I play the event, my team tries to kill the immortal. I wonder why cuz it made us lose every time they do this.  

obj_19 #9 Posted 27 October 2020 - 08:17 PM

Corporal

• 5157 battles

Report for today:

Bots/afk encounters: 0

Yolo-ers: 2 (i went to their dead tanks and got their mirium)

Battles today: 4

Victories: 3 (one in each tank)

rank in damage: 2nd place (hornet), 4th place (goliath), 3rd (cerberus)

Mirium delivered total:254,78,247. do the math.

Credits raked in: 90,000 + 40,000 + 42400. (172400).

Good news: I'm not bankrupt at all now. i need  about 500K to get the WZ-131.

Nothing bad at all.

I found out that the hornet can be played aggressively. Like just run straight inbetween the bots and $$$profittttttt.

Goliath is the worst tho. Very slow, but it can't be outweighed by big alpha and armor.

I'd rank cerberus as #1 best tank, hornet second. I need 9000mirium more to deliver to get the grenadier for free. then we'll see it's rank. Estimated 7 days to go based on current mirium earnings.

Not gonna lie, Cerberus can function well as a well needed TD in this mode. Goliath is too slow to escape the boss. Hornet functions better as a fast medium than a light. Very good damage output compared to reload. amazing speed. i'm happy today.

Edited by obj_19, 28 October 2020 - 04:35 AM.

retired blitz unicorn.

I'm a complete noob

NameWasStolenStresslevel #10 Posted 28 October 2020 - 07:16 AM

Captain

• 51180 battles

View PostKoji001, on 27 October 2020 - 08:54 PM, said:

Every time I play the event, my team tries to kill the immortal. I wonder why cuz it made us lose every time they do this.  

try to win 2+2 and advance to lvl 3 then, saw QB getting 2700 xp without booster, which means farming 3 times more coins than a win at lvl 1 without boost. Its definitly rewarding. Or you can join a clan, i heard beign in a clan makes you better than a pubby instantly and you will complete any mission faster. No wonder why we are so happy to have them platooning in randoms with their amazing CW skills.

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 28 October 2020 - 07:17 AM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

Puggsley #11 Posted 28 October 2020 - 09:11 AM

Major

• 76318 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Salty so early in the morning.....

You know there are even clans for people who have a serious fetish for conspiracies?

NameWasStolenStresslevel #12 Posted 28 October 2020 - 09:14 AM

Captain

• 51180 battles

View PostKoji001, on 27 October 2020 - 08:54 PM, said:

Forget my tip about joining a clan to complete the mission faster, it was actually a bad idea to suggest it. Literally. 

If you save your Medkits for later in the event more and more bad players will start joining level 3 games because they will eventually get carryied throught the levels by other players. Your best bet is to complete the missions as fast as you can. Join level 3 as soon as possible because of the rewards. Even losing at level 3 is better than winning at level 1....

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 28 October 2020 - 09:23 AM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

The_Big_M #13 Posted 28 October 2020 - 09:15 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 74135 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 28 October 2020 - 09:16 AM, said:

try to win 2+2 and advance to lvl 3 then, saw QB getting 2700 xp without booster, which means farming 3 times more coins than a win at lvl 1 without boost. Its definitly rewarding. Or you can join a clan, i heard beign in a clan makes you better than a pubby instantly and you will complete any mission faster. No wonder why we are so happy to have them platooning in randoms with their amazing CW skills.

The only video from qb that I see has him get 650xp without a booster.

NameWasStolenStresslevel #14 Posted 28 October 2020 - 09:22 AM

Captain

• 51180 battles

View PostThe_Big_M, on 28 October 2020 - 10:15 AM, said:

The only video from qb that I see has him get 650xp without a booster.

Watch the stream from around 00:40:00 to around 1:10:00. Several games he played he got 2700 XP at level 3 while LOSING.

Winning in lvl 1 awards 750 XP without booster. So its unlikely that you saw him winning 650 XP at level 3, unless he sucked that game. I am not sure how it works... But all my booster-less games at lvl 1 awarded 750 xp. With booster i make 1500xp per game. Which is waste of time and waste of drugs. Should go straight to lvl 3 and only do the basic at lvl 2. You probably saw him getting 650xp but it was combat xp and no commander xp?

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

The_Big_M #15 Posted 28 October 2020 - 10:45 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 74135 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

No definitely commander xp - I double checked the level before and after the event just to be sure we're talkinga bout the same thing. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTE6WLOmmf8&t=1170s

I checked https://www.twitch.tv/videos/783530525 but he only got 700xp at 48:00, then 1100 xp in a loss at 1:05:00 with 22k dmg. Still a good result - but not 2700.

NameWasStolenStresslevel #16 Posted 28 October 2020 - 11:01 AM

Captain

• 51180 battles

View PostThe_Big_M, on 28 October 2020 - 11:45 AM, said:

No definitely commander xp - I double checked the level before and after the event just to be sure we're talkinga bout the same thing. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTE6WLOmmf8&t=1170s

I checked https://www.twitch.tv/videos/783530525 but he only got 700xp at 48:00, then 1100 xp in a loss at 1:05:00 with 22k dmg. Still a good result - but not 2700.

he was using booster then. I watched it again, he went from 900 XP to 2700, which means an increase of 2600. Didnt see if he was using booster, but thats what he got in a LOSS at lvl 3. So its really easy to farm coins at lvl 3. I am farming easy coin at lvl 2, Its not joke, its really easy... A shame because I have already bought half of all the items avaliable in the shop and there is no way there will be enough items in the shop to use my coins with... I only need 530 coins to buy the entire store, but i havent even use a small fraction of my medkits.. PLEASE WG add more things to buy in shop... something went wrong with the balancing of the economy of this game mode....

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

mttspiii #17 Posted 28 October 2020 - 11:38 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 34418 battles
  • [PVP] PVP

View Postobj_19, on 27 October 2020 - 08:17 PM, said:

I found out that the hornet can be played aggressively. Like just run straight inbetween the bots and $$$profittttttt.

Goliath is the worst tho. Very slow, but it can't be outweighed by big alpha and armor.

I'd rank cerberus as #1 best tank, hornet second. I need 9000mirium more to deliver to get the grenadier for free. then we'll see it's rank. Estimated 7 days to go based on current mirium earnings.

Not gonna lie, Cerberus can function well as a well needed TD in this mode. Goliath is too slow to escape the boss. Hornet functions better as a fast medium than a light. Very good damage output compared to reload. amazing speed. i'm happy today.

Just gotta pick your consumables right. Goliath with Turbo can keep pace with the wolfpack. Hornet with Insta-Reload is a no-brainer. And a pack of Cerberi each packing heal and repairs might be the most survivable build especially in Difficulty 3 where the BP's can pepper your modules and set you on fire a lot.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

AlexTheKid72 #18 Posted 29 October 2020 - 01:44 AM

Sergeant

• 30671 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostPuggsley, on 28 October 2020 - 09:11 AM, said:

Salty so early in the morning.....

You know there are even clans for people who have a serious fetish for conspiracies?

Will you be dropping Clan names in your next post, Q?

*note to self* Pick laptop up from repair shop.......

Edited by AlexTheKid72, 29 October 2020 - 01:46 AM.

signature.png

FramFramson #19 Posted 29 October 2020 - 04:17 AM

Major

• 51346 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

You guys seem to be having very different experiences from me. First day played was yesterday and i think I won 2 from 6 all on Difficulty 1? Almost feels worthless without platoons.

I will try difficulty 2 today to see if that helps.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

Puggsley #20 Posted 29 October 2020 - 07:36 AM

Major

• 76318 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostAlexTheKid72, on 29 October 2020 - 03:44 AM, said:

Will you be dropping Clan names in your next post, Q?

*note to self* Pick laptop up from repair shop.......

Why. I'm very much against conspiracies. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users