WZ131, How to play?

lt wz 131 how to play tier7 china crew skills

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

obj_19 #1 Posted 04 November 2020 - 02:37 AM

Corporal

• 5157 battles

So, with the mirny 13 event, i maxed my two favorite tanks and i already have 3 crew members from mirny ready to recruit. I bought them, yes. Now one more will be in me barracks by day after tomorrow.

How the heck do you play the wheezy 131? The speed is low for a lt at 60kmh but a turbocharger would get it to normal lt speed of 64. It has a good gun from what i see. And 320 alpha for HE on top gun. can't wait to sock an AMX 13 57 in the turret with that and see who has the last laugh. Plus can't wait to show EBRs that trackies are superior to wheelies!

I won't put equipment as this tank is very temporary. I'll just unlock the 132 and sell this thing. I hear its fun and maybe might decide to add equipment later.

So for crew, i'm thinking

cmdr: BIA, 6S, and Camo

Driver: Bia, Clutch braking, camo

loader BIA, (idk), Camo

Gunner: BIA, (idk), Camo.

Why camo you ask? It's for that extra concealment. A map like karelia assault will be amazing, surrounded by bushes everywhere, camo paints on, and full camo crew. just buzz around until i get to TD hill and wreak havoc on arty and spot tds. BIA because its absolutely necessary to train! 6S so i know when i made a mistake

Equipment if i buy:

B1(Speed): Turbo, Grousers, Irm.

B2(firepower):irm, gld, rammer

B3 (Pspotting): Binocs, camo net, exhaust.

B4(Aspotting): Optics, turbo, hardening (so i can be more free in bad terrain like sand river and not break my tracks every jump and waste a repair kit)

B5(all rounder):Optics, Irm, exhaust/camo net.

Any tips or changes to the builds? What is the best build?

Edited by obj_19, 04 November 2020 - 02:44 AM.

retired blitz unicorn.

I'm a complete noob

i'm the worst guide writer in the world,

Don't listen to my advice or your winrate might go below 30%.

Puggsley #2 Posted 04 November 2020 - 08:57 AM

Major

• 76239 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY

The best build is always dependent on how you plan on playing it.

As far as crew goes, I'd swap out clutch braking for smooth ride, get snap shot as the idk for the gunner and safe stowage (for idk) for the loader. LTs can get into great flanking positions to farm (this tank in particular), and the tank is very nimble anyway. Clutch braking doesn't give a lot for a valuable first 3 skill spot (your hull traverse goes from 57.6 deg per sec to 60.93).

You will know you have made a mistake even with 6S because you will lose half your health as 6S goes off. And if you have pushed hard as in your description of Karelia 6S will only be warning you that you are going to be back in the garage within the next 10 seconds. This tank is simply not good enough to compete against nearly any other scout in the vision/camo games.

For this type of scout 6S is a warning system if you peak over a hill for less than a second, pull back and then it goes off so you know someone is there and its a bad idea to push. Only after your team has countered the enemy scouts (who are likely to be maximising their stronger vision and camo over yours), or you know they are on the other side of the map and you are not going into a spotting battle with someone stronger than you, is a wild active scouting run likely to work.

Moving on to equipment, its been a while since I played them but I'd classify them as not very sneakish or high view range (relative to other scouts), big alpha and pretty mobile scouts.

Vision game competitions are not this tank's strength. You have to invest a lot of resources into getting the camo/view range side of things up to what other light tanks have as a base if you want vision games as your primary "thing". Investing those resources will take away your ability to improve your strongest feature, the big alpha and very mobile gun.

The WZ strength is to be able to get into good fire support positions, have enough vision and camo to restrict the enemy scouts, and be superb harassers. I'd probably go for optics, rammer and vents. You can use inherent LT camo (plus crew skill) to give yourself time to aim in. Rely on crew skills (smooth ride and snap shot) to help with the gun handling issues. The fact that you are popping up and providing a distraction even if you miss will help your team.  

Fix your driving rather than totally waste valuable equipment slots to cover for bad driving. Or just waste your repair kit. Using equipment slots to fix this is, sorry to be harsh, idiotic.

And I'd be extremely wary of tangling with wheelies. Their high pen HE combined with ++ autoaim (which will always be pointing at your thin armour) and damn wheel protection will give you real problems. 

Edited by Puggsley, 04 November 2020 - 09:10 AM.

obj_19 #3 Posted 04 November 2020 - 06:17 PM

Corporal

• 5157 battles

View PostPuggsley, on 04 November 2020 - 05:57 AM, said:

The best build is always dependent on how you plan on playing it.

As far as crew goes, I'd swap out clutch braking for smooth ride, get snap shot as the idk for the gunner and safe stowage (for idk) for the loader. LTs can get into great flanking positions to farm (this tank in particular), and the tank is very nimble anyway. Clutch braking doesn't give a lot for a valuable first 3 skill spot (your hull traverse goes from 57.6 deg per sec to 60.93).

You will know you have made a mistake even with 6S because you will lose half your health as 6S goes off. And if you have pushed hard as in your description of Karelia 6S will only be warning you that you are going to be back in the garage within the next 10 seconds. This tank is simply not good enough to compete against nearly any other scout in the vision/camo games.

For this type of scout 6S is a warning system if you peak over a hill for less than a second, pull back and then it goes off so you know someone is there and its a bad idea to push. Only after your team has countered the enemy scouts (who are likely to be maximising their stronger vision and camo over yours), or you know they are on the other side of the map and you are not going into a spotting battle with someone stronger than you, is a wild active scouting run likely to work.

Moving on to equipment, its been a while since I played them but I'd classify them as not very sneakish or high view range (relative to other scouts), big alpha and pretty mobile scouts.

Vision game competitions are not this tank's strength. You have to invest a lot of resources into getting the camo/view range side of things up to what other light tanks have as a base if you want vision games as your primary "thing". Investing those resources will take away your ability to improve your strongest feature, the big alpha and very mobile gun.

The WZ strength is to be able to get into good fire support positions, have enough vision and camo to restrict the enemy scouts, and be superb harassers. I'd probably go for optics, rammer and vents. You can use inherent LT camo (plus crew skill) to give yourself time to aim in. Rely on crew skills (smooth ride and snap shot) to help with the gun handling issues. The fact that you are popping up and providing a distraction even if you miss will help your team.  

Fix your driving rather than totally waste valuable equipment slots to cover for bad driving. Or just waste your repair kit. Using equipment slots to fix this is, sorry to be harsh, idiotic.

And I'd be extremely wary of tangling with wheelies. Their high pen HE combined with ++ autoaim (which will always be pointing at your thin armour) and damn wheel protection will give you real problems. 

Np with being harsh there.

So i play like a cromwell, by flanking and being an annoying fly?

So gun handling is priority. I think it can be a counter scout who sits and snipes at scouts and late game arty hunter cause of HE alpha. maybe i can just buzz around lowes and other high tier HTs to open up some shots for the team.

So my skills should be in order:

BIA, 6S, Camo

Bia, smooth ride, camo

Bia, clutch braking, camo

bia ss camo

retired blitz unicorn.

I'm a complete noob

Puggsley #4 Posted 05 November 2020 - 09:40 AM

Major

• 76239 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY

Its a great tank for probing to find weaknesses and looking for opportunities to flank. Its much more scout than a Cromwell because you have pretty poor dpm. If you bump into something then you are likely to come off second best.

That would be the skill setup I would take. 

CardinalMite #5 Posted 05 November 2020 - 12:26 PM

Captain

• 32550 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postobj_19, on 04 November 2020 - 10:17 AM, said:

Np with being harsh there.

So i play like a cromwell, by flanking and being an annoying fly?

So gun handling is priority. I think it can be a counter scout who sits and snipes at scouts and late game arty hunter cause of HE alpha. maybe i can just buzz around lowes and other high tier HTs to open up some shots for the team.

So my skills should be in order:

BIA, 6S, Camo

Bia, smooth ride, camo

Bia, clutch braking, camo

bia ss camo

Smooth ride is a drivers skill as is clutch braking, perhaps you confused it with snapshot.

You absolutely don't need clutch braking on a WZ131 and personally I would prioritise off road driving or smooth ride over it. For the gunner yes I would pick snap shot. Perhaps later add dead eye.

Yes absolutely avoid fighting wheelies, preserve your health.

Personally because view range is not its super strength, given you will still have to provide vision for the team, I would carry binocs. You absolutely have to have some vision capability as an LT. While the gun is good for a LT it still ultimately is only good for an LT. Other equipment can support the gun though if you wish. And pretty much any LT can be a passive spotter much of the time.

While I take Puggs point about it not necessarily being able to out vision/camo several other LTs, the reality is you can still spot other tanks, plus how many times have you seen games where the opposition LTs suicide scout and are gone inside 2 minutes? In that scenario you only have to outspot mediums generally and it can do that.

Edited by CardinalMite, 05 November 2020 - 12:37 PM.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience. But then if I limited myself to only arguing with non-idiots on these forums I'd literally never post"

Puggsley #6 Posted 05 November 2020 - 02:18 PM

Major

• 76239 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY

Tots Card, its certainly still a scout, and if there are no enemy scouts alive then you are gold.

That is how I use its viewrange in early game, to get into spots and catch out unsuspecting meds, tds or HTs making a crossing in the open. 

obj_19 #7 Posted 05 November 2020 - 08:08 PM

Corporal

• 5157 battles

I didn't get clutch braking and i gor smooth ride for the accuracy. Gunner and driver is all for accuracy, loader for ammorack saves. Sadly, my last battle of the day was in the first minute of the battle, a T34-3 ammoracks me. and safe stowage is 100%. Smh. It was hilarious tho

I like this chinese tank. Very nice. Esp the HE shells. hit a hellcat for 311dmg today and i nearly fell of me chair. Currently, i'm stock except turret and i'll get gun first. No engine for now cause i put my spare turbo there. very nice indeed. I learnt the ebr lesson fast. Hotchkisses are doom. I took on a amx 13 57, and a T71DA at once and came out victorious in mines in the hill. Albeit with 150hp left. But still! Big advantage against them for their loooong reloads.

Edited by obj_19, 05 November 2020 - 08:10 PM.

retired blitz unicorn.

I'm a complete noob

Flying_Circus #8 Posted 10 November 2020 - 07:55 AM

Corporal

• 15849 battles
  • [DUCKY] DUCKY

The WZ 131 is possibly (IMO) the best non-premium tier 7 light tank. Basic play is:

1. Go for a forward passive spot location early. Your speed is as good as any other tier 7 light tank (though not, obviously wheeled vehicles) - or there is very little in it. Or go for a forward location where you can get early damage on enemy tanks as they drive into position.

2. Rotate and look for opening to use your gun. With 200 alpha you hit as hard as many mediums - then get unspotted and repeat. In this respect it is a bit like a stealthy medium.

3. Always try for positions that offer the trifecta: nearby hard cover, soft cover (bush) to take advantage of, and wide field of fire.

Re skills for crew, you want BIA and camo. Plus sixth sense for commander, snap shot for gunner, smooth ride for driver and loader ... doesn't really matter. And get situational awareness and recon on commander when you can.

On mine I ran a "standard" loadout most of the time - vert stabiliser to counter the gun handling, rammer for DPM, and optics. I have started experimenting with swapping out the rammer for vents and also for low noise exhaust - both work for improving the scouting abilities of the tank.

kickim #9 Posted 10 November 2020 - 03:23 PM

First lieutenant

• 59923 battles
  • [CYRO] CYRO

Nice little monster, one of the few tier 7s i kept.

Always fun to play and sometime handy for grinding those top XP missions.

Frankly, at tier 7 and below, most players are trash at playing scouts, half dun live past first 3 mins.

Its not the best scout, just be aware of the better/higher tier scouts and you'll be fine.

other than that, its a pretty good all rounder, has speed, has camo, runs well, turns well, shoots well.

Stay alive and the damage/assist piles up. Mid game, map opens up and there's so much space to exploit, end game go lame tank hunting or arty hunting or circle jerk HT/TDs or cap and rack up those XPs and medals.

Dun try 1v1 other scouts unless u sure u can kill with 2 shot and a ram.

Also tagged with lt, wz, 131, how, to, play, tier7, china, crew, skills

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users