The one mod I can't live without...

Mods Mod

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Puggsley #21 Posted 18 November 2020 - 07:59 AM

Major

• 76345 battles

Team HP would be great to have in the Vanilla.

One I miss (still after years of no mods) was the return crew and equipment mod in the garage.

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #22 Posted 18 November 2020 - 10:45 AM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 87357 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY

View PostPuggsley, on 18 November 2020 - 07:59 AM, said:

Team HP would be great to have in the Vanilla.

One I miss (still after years of no mods) was the return crew and equipment mod in the garage.

I would consider team HP as a grey area depending on how the information is collected.

WG drew a line of information sharing at one that requires teamwork. For example, if you see a tree falling down, you need to manually tell your teammates, instead of having the tree down appearing automatically on their map.

The fact that in late game we have people asking "What is IS-7 HP" shows the information is not shared throughout the team. Which makes sense because currently the information is only sent to those within draw distance. And even if we limit data flow to data available to own GUI, this information requires constant active observation of the surrounding. And if I may remind, WG banned enemy direction indicator apart from showing the nearest enemy. And that is without showing their HP at the same time. So we can safely say by induction that that anything that requires even greater map awareness, like tree down, would be banned too.

The enemy direction and tree down make for great case study since they are technically achievable without using mods (or at least with grey area ones, like zoom out) if you have enough skill, yet they are officially banned, hence showing the problem of deciding whether a mod should be banned or not based on feelings instead of by mechanics or principle.

Gambling is bad, don't gamble k?

Puggsley #23 Posted 18 November 2020 - 12:42 PM

Major

• 76345 battles

I'd be happy for just observed damage to be removed from the starting hit point pool. When a tank is spotted, team HP is updated with any difference due to things like blind fire damage or accidental damage.  

If both teams happen to know the balance of starting HP less observed damage its not like the game will be broken. You still will not know the HP of a particular tank unless they are spotted (or they are the last tank standing).

I don't think it is at all clear that WG has drawn the line on information sharing at requiring teamwork. In fact they specifically share info without needing any team work at all.

We happily report the number of tanks left alive throughout the game, even those killed outside render range. What's the difference? We don't have to type in chat "Hey I killed the T77 on the other side of the map, just so you know."

Regardless of where we are on the map we also get a siren indicating that a tank(s), even those which have never been spotted, are capping. We don't need to have a tank with effective vision over the cap to let the entire team know that information.

What is the link between general broad information like HP pool and specific spatial information provided by mods like enemy direction indicators and tree down? Specific tactical information does make a great case study, but they don't have any relevance to why some general overall information is reported automatically, and other general information is not.

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #24 Posted 18 November 2020 - 01:10 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 87357 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY

The recent ban on the map mod in SH made it clear that WG's intended rulesets are more important than information availability-ness, a case which shares a similarity with the tree down mod.

So to link back to whether WG should show enemy HP along with alive/dead status, my reply is I will leave that up to WG. It's the same with reload timer, but somehow this one is more controversial.

Personally if you ask me, I think one that shows individual remaining tank last seen HP is fine, and consequently, total remaining HP is fine. I mean XVM had already pulled stuff like this AND enemy spotted status already.

Edited by Aoyama_Blue_Mountain, 18 November 2020 - 01:13 PM.

The_Big_M #25 Posted 18 November 2020 - 01:16 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 85480 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

I wouldn't draw any conclusions from SH, as per the original discussion on it separately. SH has its own ruleset e.g. tunnel vision that isn't applicable to the main game mode. So while they recently put a ban on retaining last recorded drops display on the map, they also not that long ago added the mod into the main game that permanently showed the last spotted enemy location, which is an equivalent aspect.

So as said originally, it's their call what the rules are but it wasn't intrinsically cheating that there was a mod for it, just they changed the rules and now it's no longer permitted.

mttspiii #26 Posted 18 November 2020 - 05:08 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 35357 battles
  • [KYLIE] KYLIE

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 18 November 2020 - 10:45 AM, said:

I would consider team HP as a grey area depending on how the information is collected.

How I imagine it be implemented:

Aggregate HP should work as long as they are within radio contact. No radio contact, no update on HP values.

Teammate HP should be visible, except for teammates outside radio contact (except on death)

Team total HP should thus be visible, except for teammates outside radio contact and should thus reflect last known HP values (except on death)

Enemy HP should be visible when last seen, gets updated as long as it's spotted by teammates including self within radio contact.

Enemy HP when recloaking should display HP when it was last seen, so that players wouldn't know if blindshots are hitting it (unless that enemy dies)

Enemy HP for unspotted enemies shouldn't be seen, even if that enemy, say, fell down a ditch or got arty blindshotted.

Enemy total HP should reflect last known HP values.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

mttspiii #27 Posted 18 November 2020 - 05:12 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 35357 battles
  • [KYLIE] KYLIE

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 17 November 2020 - 05:37 PM, said:

I have stomache of watching QB using 24x zoom and the shells going to the edge of the aiming circle while he complains that its RNG's fault or something of the sort. By watching streamers using it was the reason for me to never try these extreme zooms so my props for people who do well using the 24x zoom as they are too extreme. The tunnel vision could get worse using these extreme zoooms arent they?

I did not download 50GB+ worth of an HD client only to shoot at tank-shaped blur of pixels when fighting alongside ASIA's campers.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

NameWasStolenStresslevel #28 Posted 18 November 2020 - 05:18 PM

Captain

• 52982 battles

View Postmttspiii, on 18 November 2020 - 06:12 PM, said:

I did not download 50GB+ worth of an HD client only to shoot at tank-shaped blur of pixels when fighting alongside ASIA's campers.

Just saying that the 24x zoom is not for me and I quoted QB's experience, not yours. I just see this 24x zoom as another thing to increase tunel vision of players who are already bad at situational awareness because the zoom decrease the cone of view which is the only way said type of players can see whats in front of them. QB shoot at targets 500m away with 24x zoom aiming at weakspots and complain about RNG when the shell dont hit. Thats what annoys me.

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 18 November 2020 - 09:21 PM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

FramFramson #29 Posted 18 November 2020 - 06:47 PM

Major

• 56952 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
Actually the one mod I REALLY can't live without and which I DO have installed and working is the extended blacklist. A godsend.

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #30 Posted 18 November 2020 - 08:19 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 87357 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY

View PostFramFramson, on 18 November 2020 - 06:47 PM, said:

Actually the one mod I REALLY can't live without and which I DO have installed and working is the extended blacklist. A godsend.

Now this should really be illegal. WG limited blacklist to 1000 so the other 9000 can still make your life miserable.

If they are prevented from making others' lives miserable, they might leave the game and spend the money in other games like Fortnite or Genshin or throw a coming out party.

NameWasStolenStresslevel #31 Posted 18 November 2020 - 09:17 PM

Captain

• 52982 battles
CHAT OFF is my ultimate unfair advantage. Its been great since I started using it, and it turns off only the personal messages that are typed in CHAT.

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 18 November 2020 - 09:22 PM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

DestroyU_ #32 Posted 19 November 2020 - 02:37 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 44943 battles
  • [LEM0N] LEM0N

View PostFramFramson, on 18 November 2020 - 06:47 PM, said:

Actually come to think of it, yeah, 2200 and counting.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users