Today, Is the Best day so far in 2020, in WoT

MoE Missions Arty 2020

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

obj_19 #1 Posted 16 November 2020 - 09:24 PM

Corporal

• 5157 battles

Aight guys, I just found out.. that my comet, has ONE mark of excellence. How did it get there when i've sold it somewhere in july?? Idk. But all i know is, I had fun doing it.

Also, I've finished every StuG 4 missions except... SPG-15. How the heck do you complete it? I'm using my Hummel as an arty for the mission... Or should i blueprint the USA arty line, Blueprint through the M41 HMC and Get the M44 Or what?? It's hard i guess, but i used my orders to finish SPG 11,12,13, because i finished LT, MT and TD missions with honors.

Also, How the HECK does a 44%wr noob like me make it into the top 500 (i think i'm number 79 in the ratings) for the centurion?? I'm in the top 25 (number 8) for the churchill VII.

And why did a MoE suddenly appear on me comet??

This feels weird, But i'm not complaining. It is the best day of 2020 in wot.

Edited by obj_19, 16 November 2020 - 09:30 PM.

retired blitz unicorn.

I'm a complete noob

i'm the worst guide writer in the world,

Don't listen to my advice or your winrate might go below 30%.

Ceberion_Lancer #2 Posted 16 November 2020 - 10:35 PM

Corporal

• 12487 battles
  • [HOUSE] HOUSE

Stop bragging lol.

Anyway, congrats. I got marks so far on vehicles I enjoy (or in case of the Brit lights, vehicles that are so crap the exp requirement is in the Marianna trench), regardless of being almost tomato, so that might indicate your preference in vehicles with good gun depression. Maybe try the Swedish med line next and see if it's your cup of tea?

About the mark, it could be simply that you got it at the end of your grind and didn't notice - IIRC, you need a battle for marking to update, so no matter how much its exp requirement fluctuate, it will not just appear in your garage one day.

Noob playing for the lulz

obj_19 #3 Posted 17 November 2020 - 12:27 AM

Corporal

• 5157 battles

Lol i'm so proud.

I think i should check the brit lights out. I like passive spotting and its easy to grab 600 spotting in a random bush.

I really enjoy hulldowners yes. I heard the swedes dont have turret armor tho so i will have to rely on the tiny turret profile in mid ranges (like strv 74).  I did try the Lago but it was so horrible Imo. Gun dep was okay but even with top config and turbo the speed was mediocre, the turret traverse sucked too. like all the other swedes i played. I might try going into the swede heavy line coz im experienced in autoloaders + hulldowners. Might rebuy the UDES and get the 105mm gun just to see how it is in the top config, after all, i just got the top engine and that's pretty much it. Also my second mastery was in the rental Eagle 7.  I did 5K combined, 2.4k done damage, 2.4k blocked and i think maybe 800 spotting..

yes, I probably didn't notice. Back when i played the comet i was thinking of marking the cromwell but never got to it. I just was going thru my record and voila, it just was there.. But man, Do i feel good knowing even a horrible player like me can still mark a competitive tank. I know the centurion line (except 7/1 and AX since i dont have those) pretty well imo. The learning curve aint half bad.

I went from crusader, cromwell, comet to centy so it went from driving a pretty meh tank to a pretty fast and good medium tank with (the lower end) mediocre armor. Then to a hulldowner with good mobility and a good gun to what the centurion is. Personally i feel the whole line is low alpha except the tier9 and 10, but its very competitive and can fight well even against higher tiered opponents.

Also by the end of this week, i'll have about...130 universal BP and i have an unholy amt of american Bps. I think i'll BP both t29 and M6 so i can get both for free, to make the grind faster. I heard that the T29 is mediocre stock but sucks of you use the 75mm. I think i'll personally get the 105mm first, then turret and other stuff later. Also i think alpha for the 105 is 300. That's kinda low for a 105 when it faces 320,360 and 390a 105s. i heard t29 turret best, but after fighting it one on one in a KV 122, And SU12244, i remembered 120mm+ can overmatch the roof exposed infront of the cupola so that was a weakspot i exploited. Idk if some inexperienced players know this but for sure even experienced players would rather shoot gold at the cupola.

I also have tons of swede national bps so i think i'll free XP until strv 74 and get a big discount on Leo.

Thx for the analysis! I've been thinking all day what line i could invest in after i heard the spaghet was touched and not coming in 2020

retired blitz unicorn.

I'm a complete noob

Ceberion_Lancer #4 Posted 17 November 2020 - 02:03 AM

Corporal

• 12487 battles
  • [HOUSE] HOUSE

View Postobj_19, on 16 November 2020 - 11:27 PM, said:

I really enjoy hulldowners yes. I heard the swedes dont have turret armor tho so i will have to rely on the tiny turret profile in mid ranges (like strv 74).  I did try the Lago but it was so horrible Imo. Gun dep was okay but even with top config and turbo the speed was mediocre, the turret traverse sucked too. like all the other swedes i played. I might try going into the swede heavy line coz im experienced in autoloaders + hulldowners. Might rebuy the UDES and get the 105mm gun just to see how it is in the top config, after all, i just got the top engine and that's pretty much it. Also my second mastery was in the rental Eagle 7.  I did 5K combined, 2.4k done damage, 2.4k blocked and i think maybe 800 spotting..

They doesn't have turret armor the same way Comet turret doesn't, at least, that's how I saw and fought their tier 8-9 meds.

Swede heavies is rare in my experience, probably because they are too limited - their turret side is too weak so their engagement arc is limited, and its hull is pennable everywhere with standard, as oppose to UK/US hulldown heavies which can deflect most rounds in a 40dec angle.

You can also try M4A1 and see if you like it - 105mm derp gun with 8.5s reload, nice gun depression and mobility, excellent if you are doing mop up late game, gotten yourself on somebody's booty, or greeting the usual paper med/light: Hello boom bye. E8 is reputably good (I myself can't play it decently for the life of me), and you can also buy collector's E2 which have worse mobility but better turret. Also the current tankreward will net you the E8 Thunderbolt, so you can reuse their crew instead of training up from 75%.

Also by the end of this week, i'll have about...130 universal BP and i have an unholy amt of american Bps. I think i'll BP both t29 and M6 so i can get both for free, to make the grind faster. I heard that the T29 is mediocre stock but sucks of you use the 75mm. I think i'll personally get the 105mm first, then turret and other stuff later. Also i think alpha for the 105 is 300. That's kinda low for a 105 when it faces 320,360 and 390a 105s. i heard t29 turret best, but after fighting it one on one in a KV 122, And SU12244, i remembered 120mm+ can overmatch the roof exposed infront of the cupola so that was a weakspot i exploited. Idk if some inexperienced players know this but for sure even experienced players would rather shoot gold at the cupola.

While it's true about overmatching, T29 can mitigate that the same way Conqueror variants do using its gun dep. The gun is the payment of getting an almost unpennable turret, and most people consider it a worthy trade. Do upgrade the gun first, the stock turret is as good as the best turret in term of armor. All the ones before it is pretty bad and don't really teach you anything like the T29, so free-exp or BP through them is valid.

I myself never try to engage a hulldown T29 - I either wait for it to advance, go the other way, or let any other teammate deal with that.

I think i should check the brit lights out. I like passive spotting and its easy to grab 600 spotting in a random bush.

I would recommend against going up Brit LTs unless you are a kinda bongfags like me. Crusader in tier 6 is still okayish in a counter-scout role due to its dpm, but it is big, unwieldy and frankly overtiered. Sh*tter is pure pain - you only have one chance and one chance only, because anything who see you can out-dpm you, even the frigging autoloader, and you can't rely on mobility because of atrocious terrain resistance. Lord Have Mercy is okay because it does fix the mobility aspect so you get one or two more chances to redo. GSOR I unlocked but I heard it is even worse than the Sh*tter, so I'm leaving it there as you only need 9k free exp + blueprint to unlock the Manticore anyway.

Essentially, go up the French lights if you want passive scout - they have respectable burst damage justifying the loss of DPM, all of their tier is mobile, and their camo & vr is quite good. And you get access to the wheelies.

Noob playing for the lulz

obj_19 #5 Posted 17 November 2020 - 04:00 AM

Corporal

• 5157 battles

View PostCeberion_Lancer, on 16 November 2020 - 11:03 PM, said:

They doesn't have turret armor the same way Comet turret doesn't, at least, that's how I saw and fought their tier 8-9 meds.

Swede heavies is rare in my experience, probably because they are too limited - their turret side is too weak so their engagement arc is limited, and its hull is pennable everywhere with standard, as oppose to UK/US hulldown heavies which can deflect most rounds in a 40dec angle.

You can also try M4A1 and see if you like it - 105mm derp gun with 8.5s reload, nice gun depression and mobility, excellent if you are doing mop up late game, gotten yourself on somebody's booty, or greeting the usual paper med/light: Hello boom bye. E8 is reputably good (I myself can't play it decently for the life of me), and you can also buy collector's E2 which have worse mobility but better turret. Also the current tankreward will net you the E8 Thunderbolt, so you can reuse their crew instead of training up from 75%.

While it's true about overmatching, T29 can mitigate that the same way Conqueror variants do using its gun dep. The gun is the payment of getting an almost unpennable turret, and most people consider it a worthy trade. Do upgrade the gun first, the stock turret is as good as the best turret in term of armor. All the ones before it is pretty bad and don't really teach you anything like the T29, so free-exp or BP through them is valid.

I myself never try to engage a hulldown T29 - I either wait for it to advance, go the other way, or let any other teammate deal with that.

I would recommend against going up Brit LTs unless you are a kinda bongfags like me. Crusader in tier 6 is still okayish in a counter-scout role due to its dpm, but it is big, unwieldy and frankly overtiered. Sh*tter is pure pain - you only have one chance and one chance only, because anything who see you can out-dpm you, even the frigging autoloader, and you can't rely on mobility because of atrocious terrain resistance. Lord Have Mercy is okay because it does fix the mobility aspect so you get one or two more chances to redo. GSOR I unlocked but I heard it is even worse than the Sh*tter, so I'm leaving it there as you only need 9k free exp + blueprint to unlock the Manticore anyway.

Essentially, go up the French lights if you want passive scout - they have respectable burst damage justifying the loss of DPM, all of their tier is mobile, and their camo & vr is quite good. And you get access to the wheelies.

Their 35mm front armor (swede tier 8-9) can be overmatched by i think more than 100mm guns. they're same chassis as udes 03 but just with a turret. IKV 90 B has a turreted LT  version with a 90mm gun with 400 HEAT pen.

imo the EMIL series HTs arent so good with 20mm side armor.. GW tiger P will oneshot you. Also turret sides like you said. i guess it will work as a second line ridgeline sniper, or hide its low profile hull and let the massive turret to the work.

I played the Sherman 3, its an M4A3 iirc. Very good, 105 was fun and stuff. even my tier 7 tanks find the turret hard to pen.

Hmm, I think i'll go down T29 line since i wont use BP for the new spaghet line, and christmas is almost here and i can save more crap tons of bps.

I don't think i'll go down british line then.. Crusader was a good counter-scout back in tier 5 as a med but against tier 6 its useless imo. the 75mm howitzers shell vel is abysmal. you can aim 550m away and shoot 5 times at a target and all the shells will hit almost at the same time.

I liked the french autoloading lights, I researchrd the bc12t and i'm planning on buying later. I have a good all female crew for it from the 13-75 so i'm all good with it.

Edited by obj_19, 17 November 2020 - 05:58 PM.

retired blitz unicorn.

I'm a complete noob

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users