Jump to content


How is drowning unsportsmanlike?


  • Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

WeedaWay #21 Posted 23 December 2020 - 12:24 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 23 battles
  • 39
  • [-3AR-] -3AR-
  • Member since:
    06-22-2019

View PostConan, on 23 December 2020 - 12:11 PM, said:

 

Hello there... 

Drowning in itself is not unsportsmanlike. At times it can be really funny. However, drowning yourself because you're the last man is very unsportsmanlike. 
The other replies here have already explained and analogized a lot. Allow me to add in some more. 

So let's take the reason of you denying the enemy of their kill and its equivalent credits and experience. You can argue that they are the "enemy" and you don't want to give them anything. Okay, I can understand that thinking. I don't think it's right but I can see where you're coming from. 
However, you are also speeding up your team's loss. Now, are literally contributing to the enemy team, THAT is unsportsmanlike. Very, very unsportsmanlike. 
If you force a draw by hiding, you will take the victory away from the enemy legitimately. By drowning yourself, you made no effort to help your team; you deliberately made your team lose. That is why it's unsportsmanlike. 

All the examples above my post are pretty good as well. I don't think I need to say more. 

TL;DR - It's against the rules, take it like a man, enjoy your ban.

[Content removed]

 

Insults to WG.  Content removed, user sanctioned.

 

~Wasaabi


 



Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #22 Posted 23 December 2020 - 12:25 PM

    Blue Mountain Aoyama

  • Beta-Tester
  • 83518 battles
  • 7,822
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

47%-ers: "Stat shaming is bad, XVM is bad, we need anonymizer"

 

Also 47%-ers:


jumphonner #23 Posted 23 December 2020 - 12:36 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Member
  • 64273 battles
  • 860
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
  • Member since:
    10-10-2012

View PostWeedaWay, on 23 December 2020 - 02:24 PM, said:

[Content removed]


 

 

Stunning and brave

 

Quote updated.

 

~Wasaabi


Purveyor of Misinformation, Infamous BOT, Seal Clubber, Stat Padder and Skrublord. Mates of the Corrupt and The Sage of Asia ™. Somewhere above The Lupi Line.

Raseiniai Heroes Medal recipient

3 MOE: Eagle 7 2 MoE: 212A, M53/M55, T28HTC, SU100, KV220-2, KV1, Churchill III, Matilda IV, SU85i, T14, Ram II, M4A2E4, T67, Excelsior

Occasionally seen on StewieJP TV. #getonboard https://www.twitch.tv/jumphonner


Conan #24 Posted 23 December 2020 - 12:39 PM

    Member and President of the Buff Arty Society

  • Administrator
  • 11494 battles
  • 2,407
  • [WG] WG
  • Member since:
    03-07-2012

View PostWeedaWay, on 23 December 2020 - 12:24 PM, said:

How about just go stuff yourself Big boy CONAN and your game.



Come Join us on Facebook and Discord

 


FramFramson #25 Posted 23 December 2020 - 12:42 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 51214 battles
  • 3,698
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
  • Member since:
    02-22-2015

View Postjumphonner, on 22 December 2020 - 11:36 PM, said:

 

Stunning and brave

 

Nah. Just stupid. Plain old regular stupid.


LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.


FramFramson #26 Posted 23 December 2020 - 12:49 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 51214 battles
  • 3,698
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
  • Member since:
    02-22-2015

View PostConan, on 22 December 2020 - 11:11 PM, said:

 

Hello there... 

Drowning in itself is not unsportsmanlike. At times it can be really funny. However, drowning yourself because you're the last man is very unsportsmanlike. 
The other replies here have already explained and analogized a lot. Allow me to add in some more. 

So let's take the reason of you denying the enemy of their kill and its equivalent credits and experience. You can argue that they are the "enemy" and you don't want to give them anything. Okay, I can understand that thinking. I don't think it's right but I can see where you're coming from. 
However, you are also speeding up your team's loss. Now, are literally contributing to the enemy team, THAT is unsportsmanlike. Very, very unsportsmanlike. 
If you force a draw by hiding, you will take the victory away from the enemy legitimately. By drowning yourself, you made no effort to help your team; you deliberately made your team lose. That is why it's unsportsmanlike. 

All the examples above my post are pretty good as well. I don't think I need to say more. 

TL;DR - It's against the rules, take it like a man, enjoy your ban. 

 

Incidentally, this is a really good explanation.

 

However, it doesn't quite cover the point of view that "I am the last tank on my team, so it's ok." - what would you say to someone in that case Conana?


Edited by FramFramson, 23 December 2020 - 01:07 PM.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.


jumphonner #27 Posted 23 December 2020 - 12:50 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Member
  • 64273 battles
  • 860
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
  • Member since:
    10-10-2012

View PostFramFramson, on 23 December 2020 - 02:42 PM, said:

 

Nah. Just stupid. Plain old regular stupid.

 

You'd almost say Dopey but I am Hopefull  that it will all end well


Edited by jumphonner, 23 December 2020 - 12:55 PM.

Purveyor of Misinformation, Infamous BOT, Seal Clubber, Stat Padder and Skrublord. Mates of the Corrupt and The Sage of Asia ™. Somewhere above The Lupi Line.

Raseiniai Heroes Medal recipient

3 MOE: Eagle 7 2 MoE: 212A, M53/M55, T28HTC, SU100, KV220-2, KV1, Churchill III, Matilda IV, SU85i, T14, Ram II, M4A2E4, T67, Excelsior

Occasionally seen on StewieJP TV. #getonboard https://www.twitch.tv/jumphonner


WeedaWay #28 Posted 23 December 2020 - 12:53 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 23 battles
  • 39
  • [-3AR-] -3AR-
  • Member since:
    06-22-2019

View PostConan, on 23 December 2020 - 12:39 PM, said:


Jokes I Love you Conan.

 



Zynth #29 Posted 23 December 2020 - 01:04 PM

    Aufklärungspanzer Panther

  • Member
  • 27020 battles
  • 3,039
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    07-01-2013

How do I sign up as a beneficiary for such a class action lawsuit?

 

This is important. I want my money.


 

RIP Aufklärungspanzer Panther 16th July 2015. You will be missed, friend.

But not for long. For "Heroes never die."

This account is proudly sponsored by Wargaming.


MagicalFlyingFox #30 Posted 23 December 2020 - 01:08 PM

    Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

  • Beta-Tester
  • 35906 battles
  • 13,861
  • [ATLUS] ATLUS
  • Member since:
    10-03-2012

View PostZynth, on 23 December 2020 - 04:04 PM, said:

How do I sign up as a beneficiary for such a class action lawsuit?

 

This is important. I want my money.

You should contact his lawyer at P.Sherman, 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney.


http://www.theuselessweb.com/

This account is proudly sponsored by Wargaming. 


Conan #31 Posted 23 December 2020 - 01:25 PM

    Member and President of the Buff Arty Society

  • Administrator
  • 11494 battles
  • 2,407
  • [WG] WG
  • Member since:
    03-07-2012

View PostFramFramson, on 23 December 2020 - 12:49 PM, said:

Incidentally, this is a really good explanation.

 

However, it doesn't quite cover the point of view that "I am the last tank on my team, so it's ok." - how does that situation fit in, Conana?

 

That situation is really on the player. I can say it's not okay but I can't make the player feel any different once he or she has given up. I can suggest losing with grace, let them have the last kill, etc. 
If it were me and I am going down, I want to at least damage that cheeky barstad that wants to kill me. Make them earn for that last kill :hiding:

 

View PostWeedaWay, on 23 December 2020 - 12:53 PM, said:

Jokes I Love you Conan.

:D

 


Come Join us on Facebook and Discord

 


FramFramson #32 Posted 23 December 2020 - 01:36 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 51214 battles
  • 3,698
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
  • Member since:
    02-22-2015

View PostConan, on 23 December 2020 - 12:25 AM, said:

 

That situation is really on the player. I can say it's not okay but I can't make the player feel any different once he or she has given up. I can suggest losing with grace, let them have the last kill, etc. 
If it were me and I am going down, I want to at least damage that cheeky barstad that wants to kill me. Make them earn for that last kill :hiding:

 

Yeah, I mean if it's me I go out spittin blood and teeth. I want MY max damage too!


LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.


stewiejp #33 Posted 23 December 2020 - 01:38 PM

    #GetOnBoard

  • Community Contributor
  • 49087 battles
  • 1,744
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
  • Member since:
    06-30-2013

View PostConan, on 23 December 2020 - 03:25 PM, said:

 I want to at least damage that cheeky barstad that wants to kill me. Make them earn for that last kill :hiding:

 

:D

 

 

 

That's it - get that last shot of damage in, who knows, it may be an ammo rack which ends up carrying the game! 


  #GetOnBoard Studios  -Where the magic happens GETONBOARDSTEWIEJP Invite Code - www.youtube.com/c/stewiejp   www.twitch.tv/stewiejp

 

                                                                                            


topshelf #34 Posted 23 December 2020 - 01:40 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Beta-Tester
  • 19947 battles
  • 571
  • [AAD] AAD
  • Member since:
    08-12-2012

View Postvinish007, on 23 December 2020 - 07:59 AM, said:

How is drowning unsportsmanlike?

 

 

This is pure unethical business practice by wargaming this will lead to a class action lawsuit against the company.......

The fact you'd make two comments like this suggests you may have difficulty surviving in the real world. Did your permanent carer recently leave?

 

You may have difficulty starting action against them due to Covid, however. The governing law of the EULA is England, isn't it? Or did they move it to Cypress. Either way, may make it hard to for you to engage and instruct your lawyers with border closures. But good luck. Keep us up to date on your progress, eager to see how you go.

 

 

View PostJS_NeedsAdultSupervision, on 23 December 2020 - 12:31 PM, said:

This guy single handedly baited an entire forum.

 

I hope

This would be brilliant, however I unfortunately doubt that's the case.

 



_Sp4rtacus_ #35 Posted 23 December 2020 - 03:09 PM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 16393 battles
  • 172
  • Member since:
    06-15-2017

View Poststewiejp, on 23 December 2020 - 02:38 PM, said:

 

 

That's it - get that last shot of damage in, who knows, it may be an ammo rack which ends up carrying the game! 

I have surprised a few ppl in my M44 who thought i'd be easy meat as i shotgunned their A$$es .



DestroyU_ #36 Posted 23 December 2020 - 03:48 PM

    Corporal

  • Beta-Tester
  • 42931 battles
  • 50
  • [ATLUS] ATLUS
  • Member since:
    10-03-2012
Concerning that this thread exists.

Be a good sport and die with honour in future.


Holeinthehead #37 Posted 23 December 2020 - 06:43 PM

    Captain

  • Beta-Tester
  • 59525 battles
  • 1,118
  • [PANZA] PANZA
  • Member since:
    09-16-2012
Did Tan popping in highlight certain deficiencies we've had in the forums ?

Sig number 6 gone . In Armageddon - Day 1.  Note the date .

You're a weird mob . I'd like to go quietly into the night . I understand Mods are here to stay . I understand Mission / SH / CW rigging is here to stay .

I'll not bother the forums with these things . Let me go in peace . Not sure though why I cannot try and get cheap gold if it's ok for others to do .


WeedaWay #38 Posted 23 December 2020 - 07:58 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 23 battles
  • 39
  • [-3AR-] -3AR-
  • Member since:
    06-22-2019

View PostRainbowAssassin, on 23 December 2020 - 06:18 AM, said:

Your tank has HP, people play the game to take that HP so they can get credits and xp. You are literally denying that.

Yeah that must suck depriving some cheating aimbot bot player some extra damage.



Radiactor #39 Posted 23 December 2020 - 08:08 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 24844 battles
  • 38
  • Member since:
    11-25-2013
The one thing I agree with the OP on is the oil slick soap rocks. These have resulted in countless rolls/upsie downsies and while it can be hilarious, it's very annoying as sometimes nearby allies won't help or can't help re-flip the vehicle (even trying their best due to size/weight difference). This was even worse when team damage was present- my only ever ban was from team damage inflicted trying to reflip a platoon mate (USA Scorpion tier 7) with my IS.

BadAtLightTanks #40 Posted 24 December 2020 - 05:01 AM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 11493 battles
  • 81
  • Member since:
    01-27-2018
Sorry to hijack this thread but I am so freaking pissed and just needed to vent and let off some steam. Just now I was taking a shortcut through the river and enemy arty tracked me while my repair kit was still inactive. The battle report said I was drowned by arty. :angry::arta: I could have sworn I have made it to many arty players' bi.tch list as they loved to rain shells on me.

Edited by BadAtLightTanks, 24 December 2020 - 05:04 AM.





3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users