To the WoT Asia Community

Asia Wot Retirement

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

obj_19 #1 Posted 01 January 2021 - 01:35 PM

Corporal

• 5157 battles

I, Obj_19, unassociated to any clan, professional noob, professional 46%er, and professional lemming, hereby announce my retirement from WoT. To my account, I leave 3 tier 8 tanks. All fully upgraded, a Charioteer, a centurion, and a batignolles-chatillon 12 T. To my credit balance, I leave 400K or so credits. I leave a M10 RBFM, valiant, T34s, and basically every freemium out there in my garage, along with the SU100y. 

Until 2023 (mid 2023, definitely back in time for steel hunter or around November 2023 likely, because I'll finish my GCSE O'levels by then) , I will not be able to play WoT. Don't get me wrong, I love wot more than any game I play. [some other game not worth mentioning] sucks compared to this. I love tanks and I love immersing myself in it.

Since I will be missing out on new content, new mechanics and new stuff in general, I'd really like you guys to tell me what's new in this thread. Basically once WG releases new content to the client as updates, just give me a basic rundown of it. Because I can't read like 2 years worth of blue's wargaming leaks and treasure trove and 2 years worth of posts ranting about the power creep and mm.

i started playing in blitz when i was in third grade and ive had a life long love for tanks. i stopped blitz in 2018 because it was filled with fantasy event tanks and stuff and because i was being bullied at school. same year, on my birthday, i got a 2TB hard drive which i installed the pc wot onto. every day, after school,  i would drive my favorite swedish tanks and let go of reality  and immerse myself in tanks. id finish my homework and just play enough to grind one module a day or 10k exp a day. id let go of the frustration of being bullied by playing wot.

although im not good at wot whatsoever, i personally consider myself very much average at it. tanks are my trade and all. i love the game a lot. for a lot of you, its one less noob on the field, and one less shitty guide author too. personally, i do not intend to permanently retire from wot like i did in blitz.

once i graduate, ill return and go out on the field again. because it is what i love, very much.

i will definitely be back on august 2024. till then, good luck on the battlefield to everyone.

ps, ill try convince my dad to let me participate on frontline.. if i dont have exams by then.

Edited by obj_19, 03 January 2021 - 04:17 PM.

retired blitz unicorn.

I'm a complete noob

i'm the worst guide writer in the world,

Don't listen to my advice or your winrate might go below 30%.

Ezz #2 Posted 01 January 2021 - 01:40 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 76108 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Will try. And all the best with your studies. See you on the other side.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, Balance TM and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

obj_19 #3 Posted 03 January 2021 - 04:20 PM

Corporal

• 5157 battles

View PostEzz, on 01 January 2021 - 10:40 AM, said:

Will try. And all the best with your studies. See you on the other side.

thank you so much ezz. i really dont want to come back at a 0 skill level. i hope id be able to use the new arty n also the new crew changes too. maybe if the new czech HTs have some new mechanic too, id like to know.

retired blitz unicorn.

I'm a complete noob

Puggsley #4 Posted 04 January 2021 - 10:05 AM

Major

• 76318 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
Good luck with the studying. 

obj_19 #5 Posted 13 January 2021 - 03:18 PM

Corporal

• 5157 battles

Hi there, just popping into say that i'll be back for frontline season (april 12 to march 12/13).

I checked QB's vid for the italian heavies. T7 not worth it coz the armor is effective 180-170mm on the UFP. Gun of the tiger on T29  chassis would've done the same. Turret looks like a P43 turret up-armored and has bounce on the frontal cheeks. Expect to bounce tier 6 and below + tier 7 75/6 mm guns. other wise, tier 8 and 9 will just rip through. Gun looks long so possibly good accuracy. not a very front pusher like the T29 or IS-2/IS/KV-3. Seems like a great support tank at the rear of the front push. Playstyle just like the tiger making improvements for the mobility is what i think it'd be like. also rear transmission means no frontal hit kills the engine. Side armor negligible. SU-152, KV2, ISU 152 gonna pen like crazy and give you a hard time, so keep front to enemy always, Sidescrape.. i think it cant due to armor angling. Just like IS-2-II. Maybe can ss against some super noob but otherwise can't against someone who knows where to shoot. One worry i have is facing the T8 in FL. I don't want to face it. I estimate each FL team would have up to 0-6 of these new Pasta tanks. Since the T7 is mobile n lacks side armor, i expect non-prem hesh to be able to deal with them well on the sides. Frontally i'll have to Tanks.gg the armor profile and know the weakspots

Crew rework seems meh. I dont like it, means special crew and snow maidens become slightly useless. Let's wait and see how WG plans it out or cancels due to neg/pos feedback.

Happy tanking + new year!

Obj_19

ps- Thx puggsley. I'll do my best. I study early so i get a head start compared to everyone else. This'll be a breeze!

edit: checked t.gg. I was right! near same armor profile for T7 and T8 Pasta heavies. weak turret face, bouncy front cheeks and some front autobounce areas. Otherwise decent armor the centy and charioteer can pen. Def not BC frontally, but rear is 40 mm. The Charioteer's Hesh will start engine fires for sure :trollface:

Edited by obj_19, 13 January 2021 - 03:23 PM.

retired blitz unicorn.

I'm a complete noob

greywolfsdb2013 #6 Posted 14 January 2021 - 02:37 PM

Corporal

• 17072 battles
  • [PHAT] PHAT

Goodluck to your studies mate.

Anyways, it helps to 'pause' a while from playing WOT.

obj_19 #7 Posted 31 January 2021 - 07:38 PM

Corporal

• 5157 battles

Hihi, Bobject here!

Got a notification on my PC 1.11.1 was installed

How's the Carro d'assalto P88? Is it worth my 3 month long XP save grind or would i be better off with the P43 Ter?

Any new maps? Platoon 2.0 seems funky... But real cool. Can't wait to return for frontline!

View Postgreywolfsdb2013, on 14 January 2021 - 11:37 AM, said:

Goodluck to your studies mate.

Anyways, it helps to 'pause' a while from playing WOT.

Thanks.

I play wot more as a stress relief method. Now my relief is just a cuppa tea

Anyways, I'll be back for FL! Can't wait to Hesh these italian newbies and Snipe like a true bush camping noob (why else? i dont know if i still have my already deplorable skill level)

Happy tanking!

Bobject

retired blitz unicorn.

I'm a complete noob

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users