5 battles then I'll be home.

This account proudly sponsored by WG

MagicalFlyingFox #22 Posted 10 January 2021 - 02:08 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 35906 battles
  • [ATLUS] ATLUS

View PostEzz, on 09 January 2021 - 11:57 AM, said:

Not necessarily tin foil. One of the bots i copped was an XO of a formerly reputable clan. Got themselves a 274 too. But i guess wg are ok with that.

Caught a pair rigging a lis last time around.

They ended up with the lis.

Same people I also caught previously rigging the 279e. In fact, Saabs even uploaded a video of the replay with them.

And the account is still active too!

Edited by MagicalFlyingFox, 10 January 2021 - 02:08 PM.

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

This account is proudly sponsored by Wargaming. 

StinkyMoko #23 Posted 10 January 2021 - 04:03 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 62677 battles

View PostMagicalFlyingFox, on 10 January 2021 - 06:08 AM, said:

Caught a pair rigging a lis last time around.

They ended up with the lis.

Same people I also caught previously rigging the 279e. In fact, Saabs even uploaded a video of the replay with them.

And the account is still active too!

So moderators knew of their cheating and they were unpunished? Or they were lightly punished and allowed to carry on with a tarnished account? 

Oh, we probably can't discuss actual punishments handed out etc. 

It seems so many people know of blatant cheaters and even follow their account history / progress and are completely aware of cheating accounts. If it is so easy to be aware of cheaters and follow their accounts for further proof of cheating then why is it too hard for moderators to punish or ban them?

Is it actually a case of the flood of bots and cheaters being far too big for the mods on this server to deal with? I'm not saying they are not capable or willing, I'm just asking if the sheer numbers of dodgy accounts is too big to deal with?

GuwapoDuke49th #24 Posted 11 January 2021 - 11:32 PM

Corporal

• 3475 battles
  • [DEPH] DEPH

View PostNZ_Reaper_666, on 09 January 2021 - 03:21 PM, said:

This goes to show that reporting and doing tickets with videos of m44s botting is a waste of my time. 

Any interaction with WG Staff (this does not go towards some of the staff in the forum that actually help players!) is waste of time. Otherweise they would significantly nerf Arty or limit them to 1 per side/battle and overhaul the Ferraris totally or buff certain "old" tanks that cannot really keep up with all those autoloader/double penertrator etc. or would buff view range of lights (or otherwise decrease view range of all others) in order to make them usefull as actual spotter again and so on and so on.

In my opinion they make it worse and worse since 2012. Not totally unplayable, but still.

Let alone that majority of the battles end 15:1, 15:3 and so on. This also should show clearly that it is totally unbalanced.

But WG does not give a flying F about any of these issues. All they do is throw more premium tanks in the game.

Edited by GuwapoDuke49th, 12 January 2021 - 12:02 AM.

On EU Server: GuwapoAko

MagicalFlyingFox #25 Posted 12 January 2021 - 12:01 AM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 35906 battles
  • [ATLUS] ATLUS

View PostStinkyMoko, on 10 January 2021 - 07:03 PM, said:

So moderators knew of their cheating and they were unpunished? Or they were lightly punished and allowed to carry on with a tarnished account? 

Oh, we probably can't discuss actual punishments handed out etc. 

It seems so many people know of blatant cheaters and even follow their account history / progress and are completely aware of cheating accounts. If it is so easy to be aware of cheaters and follow their accounts for further proof of cheating then why is it too hard for moderators to punish or ban them?

Is it actually a case of the flood of bots and cheaters being far too big for the mods on this server to deal with? I'm not saying they are not capable or willing, I'm just asking if the sheer numbers of dodgy accounts is too big to deal with?

Mods cant force game admins to do anything. They can help accelerate reports but that is it.

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

This account is proudly sponsored by Wargaming. 

StinkyMoko #26 Posted 12 January 2021 - 12:36 PM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 62677 battles

View PostMagicalFlyingFox, on 11 January 2021 - 04:01 PM, said:

Mods cant force game admins to do anything. They can help accelerate reports but that is it.

Good point.

AALG #27 Posted 12 January 2021 - 03:54 PM

Minsk Hitman

• Senior Moderator
  • 22460 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

View PostStinkyMoko, on 10 January 2021 - 10:03 AM, said:

Moderators handle forums, discord and ingame chat violations. All other reported violations, such as botting, usage of prohibited modifications, etc, etc, are handled and processed by WG employees.

Moderators are not WG employees, they are volunteers, who have been tasked with helping to insure chat-, forum- and discord-usage are in compliance with WG's  EULA, Game rules and Code of Conduct which users of WG's services accept to follow when they sign up.

With that said, Moderators can help filing botting reports, but they are not involved in processing them. That is purely WG staff's area of responsibility.

Edited by AALG, 12 January 2021 - 03:55 PM.

I am ArmsAndLegsGuy from the EU and NA server, with a shortened name here.
(battle stats in the spoiler from the servers I have played on)

Spoiler

Ezz #28 Posted 12 January 2021 - 04:01 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 75474 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
I'm curious, have wg staff indicated to the mods what criteria they need to ban someone for botting?

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, Balance TM and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

StinkyMoko #29 Posted 13 January 2021 - 03:49 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 62677 battles

View PostAALG, on 12 January 2021 - 07:54 AM, said:

Fair enough, thanks for the clarification. 

I was really referring to moderators and admin collectively when asking those questions though, admittedly I worded it poorly and it probably seemed like I was having the bog-standard whinge at "mods".

It would be really good to get a clear idea of what is actually being actioned and achieved when it comes to fixing fairly serious issues in the game that it seems many players are actively trying to help W.G. to fix.

AALG #30 Posted 14 January 2021 - 12:54 AM

Minsk Hitman

• Senior Moderator
  • 22460 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

View PostEzz, on 12 January 2021 - 10:01 AM, said:

I'm curious, have wg staff indicated to the mods what criteria they need to ban someone for botting?

No, as that is not part of the moderators tasks to handle.

With that said though, I spoke with Overlord (EU CM during closed and open beta untill the Paris office opened, and Dev team member) in Minsk, when the automated system were being developed and implemented back in about 2012-13, while I was still moderating on EU and NA. As far as I recall, the procedure back then, was the automated system would flag suspicious accounts, based on several parameters such as their movement patterns on various maps, hit ratio, battle frequency, type of ammo shot etc, etc, etc. These flagged accounts would then be manually tracked and investigated for a duration of time, before getting sanctioned or not sanctioned. He made a post expaining the system in brief on the EU forums back then after our talk, but whether that post has been archived somewhere I don't know.

I reckon the current system is refined from back then to also take into account number of ingame inaction/bot reports, as well as other parameters data-mined to indicate bots, since the initial version of the automated system.

I am pretty sure that actual sanctioning of accounts is still manually processed, in order to ensure that sanctions for botting is not done to accounts that belong to just bad players, but actual accounts that bot instead of participate in the battle.

Edited by AALG, 14 January 2021 - 09:13 AM.

I am ArmsAndLegsGuy from the EU and NA server, with a shortened name here.
(battle stats in the spoiler from the servers I have played on)

Spoiler

Ezz #31 Posted 14 January 2021 - 05:16 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 75474 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

I guess I was specifically curious about what they look for in replays, but thanks for the info.

Noting that most of the curiosity stems from seeing the increasing number of arty bots go unpunished.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, Balance TM and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Puggsley #32 Posted 15 January 2021 - 11:01 AM

Major

• 76239 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY

I think the bots simply are in communication with the anti-bot software and have come to an arrangement.

And your reports have simply not gotten through the support bot, that's all.

Surely you don't think Skynet would censure itself?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users