Commanders vision system - worth it?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

GuwapoDuke49th #1 Posted 12 January 2021 - 03:30 AM

Corporal

• 3619 battles
  • [DEPH] DEPH

Maybe I missed a thread. I checked a few pages but could not see a topic.

Does the CVS worth it?

Maybe it is imagination, But I think it actually helps to spot tanks behind bushes...?

At least I have it in my ELCeven90 on the 1st slot.

What you guys think or experienced?

On EU Server: GuwapoAko

topshelf #2 Posted 12 January 2021 - 06:23 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 20206 battles
  • [AAD] AAD

Try these, Overlord_Prime's extensive document on Equipment 2.0: https://docs.google.com/document/d/17LQIEI4SmxGoaIWEqq-qUlbsBDYX-vy5n5mDw_XuVi8/edit#heading=h.nxbyfaql7wi7

And then his quick summary here: https://imgur.com/Uw4FFU3

Puggsley #3 Posted 12 January 2021 - 08:07 AM

Major

• 76312 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Had a 7k spotting game last night in the EVEN90 with CVS, optics and vents.

Prok, killed their scout early then just slowly pushed along the 2 line spotting all the HTs and TDs camping there. Got them at about 150 to 200m range. Worked a treat there.

Ezz #4 Posted 12 January 2021 - 08:13 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 76108 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
It's broken good on some maps, but a waste of a spot on others.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, Balance TM and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #5 Posted 12 January 2021 - 09:55 AM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 83760 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY

General idea is max out your view range (+ extra), then use CVS. So this happens more at high tiers where viewranges are naturally near max and everyone is trying to outcamo each other. CVS will eat into their camo especially bushvankers.

47%-ers: "Stat shaming is bad, XVM is bad, we need anonymizer"

Also 47%-ers:

CardinalMite #6 Posted 12 January 2021 - 03:55 PM

Captain

• 32550 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Only available for tier 8 and up tanks. Worth it if you have the ability to get to > 455m view range from other means.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience. But then if I limited myself to only arguing with non-idiots on these forums I'd literally never post"

MagicalFlyingFox #7 Posted 12 January 2021 - 04:04 PM

Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

• Beta-Tester
  • 36066 battles
I run the EVEN and even the GSOR with CVS/optics/binos because I live for the confusion in TDs movements when they think they are unlit.

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

This account is proudly sponsored by Wargaming. 

GuwapoDuke49th #8 Posted 19 January 2021 - 11:06 AM

Corporal

• 3619 battles
  • [DEPH] DEPH

View Posttopshelf, on 12 January 2021 - 06:23 AM, said:

Try these, Overlord_Prime's extensive document on Equipment 2.0: https://docs.google.com/document/d/17LQIEI4SmxGoaIWEqq-qUlbsBDYX-vy5n5mDw_XuVi8/edit#heading=h.nxbyfaql7wi7

Thanks.

Yeah, so basically it means it is usefull, when you have enough viewrange. At least if you aim for maximum spotting. Which I do.

To counter enemies spotting abilities, I am thinking (means I am currently doing/trying) to maximize my own camo.

I just checked wotinfo.com. But sadly they don't have the new equipment 2.0 stuff in there. So it is hard to tell for exact numbers. But I got an idea. That's a start at least. It kinda matches my feeling while playing the different setups/configs.

bandage106 #9 Posted 20 January 2021 - 07:59 PM

Sergeant

• 12673 battles
  • [M-M] M-M

View Posttopshelf, on 12 January 2021 - 06:23 AM, said:

I've seen his stream but I think he's way off the mark with these ratings. Improved hardening only C tier? That equipment is so underrated, if you have a heavy tank with good gun handling, I go with improved hardening, vents and rammer that's a super good set-up in my experience experimenting because it prevents occurrences of double tracking, 

Also I've never agreed with this idiosyncrasy among the world of tanks community that rammer is the be all of equipment. Rammer is good don't get me wrong but it's not that good, hitting shots is more important so I'd rate anything that improves accuracy higher than the rammer. I think it's personally weird how community contributors come to the same consensus on certain equipment but they're so stuck about their ways they aren't willing to consider just how good the other equipment is. 

Maybe, it's just my opinion that differs. Like for me also I think vision is more important on mediums than gun effectiveness. Because with a lot of mediums you're making chance shots your gun isn't constantly in use like heavies or TD's but I'm not sure how many people here agree with me? 

Edited by bandage106, 20 January 2021 - 08:13 PM.

Puggsley #10 Posted 22 January 2021 - 11:29 AM

Major

• 76312 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

^^ think it depends on the stage of the game wrt rammer. 

Early stages at distance then its maybe less useful, but for me the real benefit is mid to late game were you are more likely to be in a one on one at closer ranges. 

GuwapoDuke49th #11 Posted 23 January 2021 - 02:50 PM

Corporal

• 3619 battles
  • [DEPH] DEPH

I would say the rammer depends on the gun reload time. If you have 10-15 seconds, then you might wanna take the rammer. Otherwise I also prefer accuracy. I mean, if you have 4.5 or 4.35 secons reload time, does not matter that much. But having 20% less dispersion can make the difference between making use of the bullet or wasting it.

I have the CVS now on the HWK30 (good gun anyways, can spare the slot for it..am on 468m viewrange) and BC12t (485m viewrange - but on the BC12t only now because of the event, otherwise I prefer stabilizer). I must say it is noticeable. You spot much more often moving tanks behind foliage and outspot tanks earlier on open field. Sadly as I think mentioned before, nowadays spotting is not that much important anymore like in previous years.

Also it is like a curse. I've played now 14 hours non-stop (since 12am midnight). Only once I got prokhorovka and steppes just 2 times. (makes it even more useless to spot) All the time it is paris, Ensk, Berlin, Ruinberg and so on. Mostly citymaps.

Is there a map rotation scheme? Tanks should be in the open field, not urban area. I don't know why majority of games take place in city maps, when most player prefer open maps.

Edited by GuwapoDuke49th, 23 January 2021 - 02:54 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users