Jump to content


Botting Ban Wave Results - Feb 2021


  • Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

Ezz #61 Posted 05 March 2021 - 09:25 AM

    How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

  • Beta-Tester
  • 76229 battles
  • 37,505
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    07-17-2012

To me that's too lenient. Maybe if wg were doing automated sweeps where there could be doubt there'd be a case for second chances, but when it's cut and dried I see no reason for anything other than so long and thanks for buying all those prems.

 

Hell, just look at pubs and you can see that the current punishment approach is not working sufficiently as a deterrent.

 


Edited by Ezz, 05 March 2021 - 09:40 AM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, Balance TM and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"


wasaabi #62 Posted 05 March 2021 - 09:44 AM

    This Dude Abides

  • Senior Moderator
  • 23443 battles
  • 7,019
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY
  • Member since:
    07-15-2012

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 05 March 2021 - 11:24 AM, said:

 

Most people have to work or study during weekdays at 12pm. That's why the RBFM was easier.

 

The Turtle sold out in literal seconds after 12.05am

 

FOMO in Asia is real.  What's the Singapore word for it again? kiasu.


 

 

 

 

 

 WoT ANZ Community Contributor http://www.youtube.com/c/BadTanking


_Sammich_ #63 Posted 05 March 2021 - 10:11 AM

    Goes beach on Overlord

  • Member
  • 44774 battles
  • 2,758
  • [FLEX] FLEX
  • Member since:
    06-09-2013

View Postwasaabi, on 05 March 2021 - 01:44 AM, said:

 

FOMO in Asia is real.  What's the Singapore word for it again? kiasu.

Farcical is the English word for the Turtle sale.


Reading is hard...

Ezz #64 Posted 05 March 2021 - 10:20 AM

    How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

  • Beta-Tester
  • 76229 battles
  • 37,505
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    07-17-2012
I guess you could run on the theory they were buying it for trade in, hence turning credits into goldzorz.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, Balance TM and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"


TheBudgiesmuggler #65 Posted 08 March 2021 - 07:58 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Member
  • 35410 battles
  • 413
  • [PXR] PXR
  • Member since:
    03-18-2013
Just got a permanent chat ban with no explanation, can I have amnesty? 

wasaabi #66 Posted 08 March 2021 - 09:07 PM

    This Dude Abides

  • Senior Moderator
  • 23443 battles
  • 7,019
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY
  • Member since:
    07-15-2012

View PostTheBudgiesmuggler, on 08 March 2021 - 09:58 PM, said:

Just got a permanent chat ban with no explanation, can I have amnesty? 

 

You need to make an appeal to Customer Support


 

 

 

 

 

 WoT ANZ Community Contributor http://www.youtube.com/c/BadTanking


TheBudgiesmuggler #67 Posted 08 March 2021 - 10:40 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Member
  • 35410 battles
  • 413
  • [PXR] PXR
  • Member since:
    03-18-2013

View Postwasaabi, on 08 March 2021 - 11:07 PM, said:

 

You need to make an appeal to Customer Support

I did already but the hamster wheel seems to spin faster here and Moderator's seem to have "insider info", hence why I dropped it here...



AALG #68 Posted 08 March 2021 - 11:02 PM

    Minsk Hitman

  • Senior Moderator
  • 22818 battles
  • 1,995
  • [PANZA] PANZA
  • Member since:
    09-29-2012

View PostTheBudgiesmuggler, on 08 March 2021 - 04:40 PM, said:

I did already but the hamster wheel seems to spin faster here and Moderator's seem to have "insider info", hence why I dropped it here...


In the future, don't.
You already know this from earlier experiences, but I will remind you of section 4.3 in the WG Code of Conduct rules announcement:

 

Spoiler

 

And the Moderation FAQ :

Spoiler

 

I have emphasized and italicized the relevant paragraphs for you.

The only way to appeal any sanction issued on the forums, the official discord server, or in the game chat, is via a ticket to support. They will deal with it, investigate, then uphold or revoke the sanction. 
 

If the sanction has been issued by WG Staff, not moderators, then there is no appeal, as the sanction then has been issued by WG, and not by volunteer moderators on WG's behalf.

 

/AALG

Senior Moderator World of Tanks Asia
Senior Moderator Emeritus 
World of Tanks NA 

Senior Moderator Emeritus World of Tanks EU

 

 

 

 


  
I am ArmsAndLegsGuy from the EU and NA server, with a shortened name here.
(battle stats in the spoiler from the servers I have played on)

Spoiler

TheBudgiesmuggler #69 Posted 09 March 2021 - 07:07 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Member
  • 35410 battles
  • 413
  • [PXR] PXR
  • Member since:
    03-18-2013

View PostAALG, on 09 March 2021 - 01:02 AM, said:


In the future, don't.
You already know this from earlier experiences, but I will remind you of section 4.3 in the WG Code of Conduct rules announcement:

 

Spoiler

 

And the Moderation FAQ :

Spoiler

 

I have emphasized and italicized the relevant paragraphs for you.

The only way to appeal any sanction issued on the forums, the official discord server, or in the game chat, is via a ticket to support. They will deal with it, investigate, then uphold or revoke the sanction. 
 

If the sanction has been issued by WG Staff, not moderators, then there is no appeal, as the sanction then has been issued by WG, and not by volunteer moderators on WG's behalf.

 

/AALG

Senior Moderator World of Tanks Asia
Senior Moderator Emeritus 
World of Tanks NA 

Senior Moderator Emeritus World of Tanks EU

 

 

 

 

Thank you for your advice its appreciated but this goes to show the disparity in the rules I get perma banned for the wrong word typed and G****** drowns his tank 60+ times so much so he now uses the anonymizer to hide his name when he drowns breaching the rule 5.10 and he's still playing the game...smh 



MagicalFlyingFox #70 Posted 09 March 2021 - 10:22 AM

    Destroyer of Tier 6 CW

  • Beta-Tester
  • 36066 battles
  • 13,955
  • Member since:
    10-03-2012
couldn't have happened to a better bloke.

http://www.theuselessweb.com/

This account is proudly sponsored by Wargaming. 


StinkyMoko #71 Posted 09 March 2021 - 10:58 AM

    Corporal

  • Beta-Tester
  • 64643 battles
  • 74
  • Member since:
    09-16-2012
This is the botting thread.......this random interjection regarding a chat ban explains a lot about the standard of gameplay lately on HK and ANZ servers. 

TheBudgiesmuggler #72 Posted 09 March 2021 - 02:28 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Member
  • 35410 battles
  • 413
  • [PXR] PXR
  • Member since:
    03-18-2013

View PostMagicalFlyingFox, on 09 March 2021 - 12:22 PM, said:

couldn't have happened to a better bloke.

If I was as thinned skinned as u ....



Ezz #73 Posted 09 March 2021 - 02:33 PM

    How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

  • Beta-Tester
  • 76229 battles
  • 37,505
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    07-17-2012
Budge you're bound to cop some flack for causing all that aalg blather.

Edited by Ezz, 09 March 2021 - 02:34 PM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, Balance TM and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"


TheBudgiesmuggler #74 Posted 09 March 2021 - 02:41 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Member
  • 35410 battles
  • 413
  • [PXR] PXR
  • Member since:
    03-18-2013

View PostEzz, on 09 March 2021 - 04:33 PM, said:

Budge you're bound to cop some flack for causing all that aalg blather.

Cop flack for what... I thanked a mod for his advice, but nothing like kicking someone when their down.... 



imma_rage_quit #75 Posted 14 March 2021 - 05:32 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Member
  • 32226 battles
  • 998
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    05-25-2013
remember ping is not important ;-)  just ask AALG

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #76 Posted 14 March 2021 - 09:44 AM

    Blue Mountain Aoyama

  • Beta-Tester
  • 84570 battles
  • 7,905
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

This guy is saluting how good the bot banning is

 


47%-ers: "Stat shaming is bad, XVM is bad, we need anonymizer"

 

Also 47%-ers:


StinkyMoko #77 Posted 14 March 2021 - 09:59 AM

    Corporal

  • Beta-Tester
  • 64643 battles
  • 74
  • Member since:
    09-16-2012
I wonder when there will be a March botting ban wave update. Perhaps the fact that there hasn't been one means it's just a free-for-all for bots on the server now.......it sure seems that way in-game.




2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users