My impressions after 4 years of playing this game

pay to win free to play recommendation personal thoughts

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

NZ_Reaper_666 #21 Posted 23 February 2021 - 01:44 PM

First lieutenant

• 11710 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
ANZ numbers are to low cant get game before 11pm nz time at tier 8 and id i do its again tier 10s which are reward tanks so im just gonna quit over it. 

Just a tomato trying to get his win rate up its working a whole 1% in 6 months. 

Ezz #22 Posted 23 February 2021 - 01:45 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 76229 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Or you could just find a couple decent players to toon with and slap them back. They're only pbkac after all.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, Balance TM and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

NZ_Reaper_666 #23 Posted 23 February 2021 - 01:55 PM

First lieutenant

• 11710 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostEzz, on 23 February 2021 - 05:45 PM, said:

Or you could just find a couple decent players to toon with and slap them back. They're only pbkac after all.

anz numbers are to low. i go bed to late just to play this game. if wargaming dont start forcing anz players to anz this game gonna be dead in 2 years

Puggsley #24 Posted 23 February 2021 - 01:59 PM

Major

• 76332 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostAlexTheKid72, on 23 February 2021 - 12:41 PM, said:

Agree 100%.
Map design seems to follow 3 terrible rules.
1) Must have vision saturation.
2) Must have choke points.
3) Terrain must restrict dynamic gameplay.
Small, filled with no-drive zones, flat and foliage free.

There's no WAY any leader of a tank division would choose to fight where WarGaming put us, given the surrounding landscape outside some map borders.

Every update it feels more and more like the first Medal of Honor .... you get to look at a beautiful game map, but can only walk here and HERE! There's reasons every other shooter went sandbox - corridor gameplay sucks! (Except in Resident Evil 1 and the original Wolfenstein ....)

Another issue is that you NEVER see any official rep from WoT on the forums.

No-one answers tough questions or asks for feedback.

They moved to discord, which is pretty poor for having a discussion about any topic which goes for even a short period. Says it all.

NZ_Reaper_666 #25 Posted 23 February 2021 - 02:03 PM

First lieutenant

• 11710 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostPuggsley, on 23 February 2021 - 05:59 PM, said:

Another issue is that you NEVER see any official rep from WoT on the forums.

No-one answers tough questions or asks for feedback.

They moved to discord, which is pretty poor for having a discussion about any topic which goes for even a short period. Says it all.

yea thats sad they dont care. what they care about is a fat wallet. wargaming is one of the very few compiles in gaming who never post on there on own forums. instead they have trigger happy mods who give bans or warnings over any little silly thing. i bet if there were real wargaming staff here they wouldnt get away with it. the fact i done a ticket about a 2 week unfair off talking topic got unban the next day by wargaming. 

kovacs #26 Posted 23 February 2021 - 04:40 PM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 28408 battles

Edited by kovacs, 07 March 2021 - 10:38 PM.

Ezz #27 Posted 23 February 2021 - 05:49 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 76229 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
It wouldn't be easy for them as the nature of the game tends to mean the longer you play it the more faults you find, and most of us have been around the block.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, Balance TM and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

BadAtLightTanks #28 Posted 24 February 2021 - 03:30 AM

Sergeant

• 12990 battles
  • [LOL-E] LOL-E

View PostNZ_Reaper_666, on 23 February 2021 - 01:13 AM, said:

I have dumb loads of money into the game. last i count i had 33 prem tanks, way to many. i hardly play a tech tree tank at tier 8 not worth it. Was in game 36 hours ago 30 tanks only 4 were tech tree tanks with to of them being spg. prem tanks means you can fire gold and not lose money like you would on a tech tree tank. Game free up to tier 7 after tier 7 you would need prem days to make silver at tier 8. tier 8 you just cover your cost. at tier 10 you never make money. yes games pay to win. but wargaming gotta make money. so they market things to benefit income. i remember back in the day. prem tanks werent ment to be better then fully upgraded tech tree tanks. most of the prem tanks release the last 4 or 5 years are way better than tech tree tanks. 

LOL, you mean now then you realized this? That's precisely why I gave up on my main account and created this account just to play Tier7/8 premium light tanks. Nonetheless, because I am not on a premium account, I barely break even.

Puggsley #29 Posted 24 February 2021 - 07:22 AM

Major

• 76332 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View Postkovacs, on 23 February 2021 - 06:40 PM, said:

Every other server has WG staff post on their local forum.

The only explanation must be WG ASIA staff don't think their players are worth talking to.

Vondle to be fair has been active communicating on discord trying to sort out ANZ server problems.

Just wish they (V and J) would visit here.

Hell the WG guy on WOWS is even joining in in the discussion about other games to play when you get the shits with WG offerings. 

imma_rage_quit #30 Posted 25 February 2021 - 08:30 AM

First lieutenant

• 32189 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostNZ_Reaper_666, on 23 February 2021 - 05:41 PM, said:

https://imgur.com/a/Ay86RKg heres the reason why i wont play low tier games they stat padding one guys got 4.5k games in that tank all in 54%wr players 3 real lights vs bot lights gg 

ahh thanx for the mention.

we try every night to get a few reds thru the lower tiers so they can go pollute the higher tiers ! you're welcome :teethhappy:

stat padding, yea sure, it's the only way to enjoy the game lately, and yes we run into a few other stat padding platoons and it turns out the be a great fun game all round unlike high tiers where you expect at least 50% of the team to know what they should be doing but then turns out there are only 2 - 3 that know how to play and the rest failed/botted their way to higher tiers.

NZ_Reaper_666 #31 Posted 25 February 2021 - 09:52 AM

First lieutenant

• 11710 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View Postimma_rage_quit, on 25 February 2021 - 12:30 PM, said:

we try every night to get a few reds thru the lower tiers so they can go pollute the higher tiers ! you're welcome :teethhappy:

stat padding, yea sure, it's the only way to enjoy the game lately, and yes we run into a few other stat padding platoons and it turns out the be a great fun game all round unlike high tiers where you expect at least 50% of the team to know what they should be doing but then turns out there are only 2 - 3 that know how to play and the rest failed/botted their way to higher tiers.

Lets be real what could i have done again you 3 lights, not much. i try to get as much damage as i could the end

imma_rage_quit #32 Posted 25 February 2021 - 12:47 PM

First lieutenant

• 32189 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostNZ_Reaper_666, on 25 February 2021 - 01:52 PM, said:

Lets be real what could i have done again you 3 lights, not much. i try to get as much damage as i could the end

it was fun and i mean that in the nicest way, i upvoted you. always fun.

vrok60 #33 Posted 26 February 2021 - 04:26 AM

Private

• 38570 battles
  • [JFL] JFL
You didnt do much in that battle Imma are you getting old?

Profanisaurus #34 Posted 26 February 2021 - 04:31 AM

le sigh

• 2037 battles
  • [PBFG] PBFG
"Bash" is a misnomer, slightly annoy is a more accurate description.

Edited by Profanisaurus, 26 February 2021 - 04:31 AM.

Thanks Conan - (Insert Eggplant here)

Plutonious #35 Posted 26 February 2021 - 12:43 PM

Corporal

• 18738 battles

View Postimma_rage_quit, on 25 February 2021 - 08:30 AM, said:

It's not fun for anyone else man, you're actively driving away new players and hurting the game. 

As I type this you're in my match with your platoon of 3 camping spawn and not moving with your 5-6 skill crews playing vision games against the noobs. What engaging gameplay.

Worse, you're there EVERY DAY. For HOURS. Your usual platoon has probably done more to hurt the playerbase on ANZ than any other thing in the game.

If you want to hang out at t4 you should be forced to fight other seal clubbers only. The new players who are just learning shouldn't have to go anywhere near you guys with their 50% crews.

Edited by Plutonious, 26 February 2021 - 01:01 PM.

funkychickenau #36 Posted 26 February 2021 - 01:51 PM

Private

• 30209 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
That is one thing I don't do often - camp.

View PostPlutonious, on 26 February 2021 - 04:43 AM, said:

It's not fun for anyone else man, you're actively driving away new players and hurting the game. 

As I type this you're in my match with your platoon of 3 camping spawn and not moving with your 5-6 skill crews playing vision games against the noobs. What engaging gameplay.

Worse, you're there EVERY DAY. For HOURS. Your usual platoon has probably done more to hurt the playerbase on ANZ than any other thing in the game.

If you want to hang out at t4 you should be forced to fight other seal clubbers only. The new players who are just learning shouldn't have to go anywhere near you guys with their 50% crews.

That is something I don't do often - Camp!  

imma_rage_quit #37 Posted 26 February 2021 - 02:13 PM

First lieutenant

• 32189 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostPlutonious, on 26 February 2021 - 04:43 PM, said:

every game we win, we have 12 other players that would have probably lost the game, they get a "easy" win

a lot of these "noobs" we have invited to play with us on multiple occasions, and yes improved their game to a point that we now respect their abilities.

and we dont play for "hours", or plat session hardly ever last more the 10 - 12 games a session, you welcome to check that on wotlabs.

and there are doom platoons at all tiers, and yes we run into them quite often.

heck i can remember platoons with "sheriff" accounts running rampant in all tiers..

Edited by imma_rage_quit, 26 February 2021 - 02:17 PM.

Plutonious #38 Posted 26 February 2021 - 02:35 PM

Corporal

• 18738 battles

View Postimma_rage_quit, on 26 February 2021 - 02:13 PM, said:

every game we win, we have 12 other players that would have probably lost the game, they get a "easy" win

a lot of these "noobs" we have invited to play with us on multiple occasions, and yes improved their game to a point that we now respect their abilities.

and we dont play for "hours", or plat session hardly ever last more the 10 - 12 games a session, you welcome to check that on wotlabs.

and there are doom platoons at all tiers, and yes we run into them quite often.

heck i can remember platoons with "sheriff" accounts running rampant in all tiers..

You don't have to justify your clubbing to me man. The thread is about what is wrong with the game- and what you guys are doing is what I'd argue is actually problem #1 for the game. Because what you are doing drives away the new players that we desperately need. It's not your fault that it's allowed, or even that you enjoy fighting against people that can barely drive their tanks, let alone fight back- sometimes shooting fish in a barrel can be therapeutic. 

The easy fix is to make it so you guys can only fight against other clubbers and bots. Let the noobs play other noobs and bots while they learn the mechanics of the game so you don't drive them away before they even get started.

funkychickenau #39 Posted 26 February 2021 - 05:18 PM

Private

• 30209 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostPlutonious, on 26 February 2021 - 06:35 AM, said:

You don't have to justify your clubbing to me man. The thread is about what is wrong with the game- and what you guys are doing is what I'd argue is actually problem #1 for the game. Because what you are doing drives away the new players that we desperately need. It's not your fault that it's allowed, or even that you enjoy fighting against people that can barely drive their tanks, let alone fight back- sometimes shooting fish in a barrel can be therapeutic. 

The easy fix is to make it so you guys can only fight against other clubbers and bots. Let the noobs play other noobs and bots while they learn the mechanics of the game so you don't drive them away before they even get started.

We are often match up in tier 5 with two opposition platoons.  I play tier 4 because I like the tank, and I can get a game on the Aus server.  Any tier above I get timed out.  At what tier would this platoon be acceptable to you?  And as someone experienced in the game such as yourself 16k+ in 2 1/2 years. If you go by what you say, you should not be in low tier games too. I have played 97% of all my games solo, and have come up against strong platoons and lost, but I move on.  

funkychickenau #40 Posted 26 February 2021 - 05:24 PM

Private

• 30209 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostPlutonious, on 26 February 2021 - 06:35 AM, said:

Actually, forget I said anything.  I looked up your posts and have come to the conclusion that you like to complain...  See you on the battlefield!  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users