• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

RunsWithScissors #1 Posted 03 March 2021 - 06:25 PM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 28050 battles
  • [B-O-S] B-O-S

OK lets see where this goes

i started playing on the NA server 9 years ago (14000 games) with 250+ ping rate.

Then the singapore (i think) server started up and i started a new account for that server to see if the ping rate was any better AND it was 80+ ping, so i played a lot on that and the corresponding AU/HK server.

Did not go back to the NA server cause of bad ping

so here is my dilemma

I went up different tech trees on the asia sever compared to my account on the NA server, (why play the same tanks?) so i have tier X german/russian tanks on my NA account whereas i went up swedish/french lines on my asia account (there are a few tanks i have on both accounts) so would this be a problem.

is there a possibility that WG will let me combine both accounts on the AU/HK server (don't care if win rate etc takes a dive or not)

i understand that this opens a can of worms for players selling accounts.

anybody have any idea  if this has been bought up before or if WG would even consider this.

i'm fairly sure i can authenticate that both accounts are mine

would it be worth while sending a ticket to WG and asking the question

Edited by RunsWithScissors, 03 March 2021 - 06:27 PM.

XxxGr1ffinxxX #2 Posted 03 March 2021 - 07:15 PM

Corporal

• 3811 battles
  • [TRAX] TRAX

very unique situation, i would love to hear how this goes. but i think you can move an account from one server to the other but i don't know about merging.

also i think i've seen your name around in-game... hmmm

The_Big_M #3 Posted 03 March 2021 - 08:15 PM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 75812 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY
Simple answer is no. But of course you can ask.

stewiejp #4 Posted 04 March 2021 - 06:18 AM

#GetOnBoard

• Community Contributor
  • 50159 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

This topic comes up from time to time - be it transferring which I recall happening when servers were relocated or moved. Eg when Singapore started up NA accounts (and maybe EU/RU) could move to the new Singapore (SEA Server). When ANZ started/went full time when the Asia server moved to Hong Kong the same offer was made though mistakes were made.

Has always baffled me why WG do not offer transfers or merges on a more regular basis - with the world getting smaller, people moving around a lot. Short term some servers may fear they might lose players, which is likely the reason but WG is a global company and people do move and take holidays. A lifetime ago I spent 4 years living and working in the EU - if I was heavily invested in my SEA account as I am now, there is no way I would just start again and discard the time, money, effort, wins and losses put in over thousands of battles. Soon after I moved to Asia - same story but in reverse - if told to just start again in all honesty I would simply look for another game to play. 

Even charging a fee to transfer for the 5 minutes work it may take someone to shift the account I think a heavily invested player would understand and appreciate. Same argument could be had for people taking longer holidays abroad.

Who would be more likely to spend money again? A happy player playing on the right server with all of their tanks and crews, or someone who is told, "Bad luck mate - you will have to start again."

#GetOnBoard Studios  -Where the magic happens GETONBOARDSTEWIEJP Invite Code - www.youtube.com/c/stewiejp   www.twitch.tv/stewiejp

FramFramson #5 Posted 04 March 2021 - 07:49 AM

Major

• 51392 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

I love you guys, but as my closest Aussie friends no longer play the game at all, I would easily pay $200 to switch to NA, where I could actually play in scheduled events at appropriate times, with a ping under three digits. 

(and I still have an alt here anyway...)

Edited by FramFramson, 04 March 2021 - 08:05 AM.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

Havlock #6 Posted 08 March 2021 - 01:54 PM

Private

• Beta-Tester
  • 24495 battles

View PostFramFramson, on 03 March 2021 - 11:49 PM, said:

I love you guys, but as my closest Aussie friends no longer play the game at all, I would easily pay $200 to switch to NA, where I could actually play in scheduled events at appropriate times, with a ping under three digits. 

(and I still have an alt here anyway...)

I'm playing on both servers.  For pretty much the reason you just gave.  All my real life friends have stopped playing WoT.  The only ones I play with are all still on NA.  I have to admit, it's not a big deal to have 2 accounts.  I made sure I didn't have too many crossovers in tanks.  And currently no crossovers in Premiums.  So I dont feel like I've wasted anything.

Havlock #7 Posted 08 March 2021 - 01:56 PM

Private

• Beta-Tester
  • 24495 battles

They will never allow us to leave the ASIA server.  They know the moment they allow it, this server will become a ghost town.  It will never recover.

They will also never allow merging of accounts.  That opens up a whole can of worms where buying accounts, levelling services, etc, etc come into play.  It's purely a decision.  We all know that its technically possible since that is exactly what they did when we all first moved here.

FramFramson #8 Posted 09 March 2021 - 05:46 AM

Major

• 51392 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostHavlock, on 08 March 2021 - 12:56 AM, said:

They will never allow us to leave the ASIA server.  They know the moment they allow it, this server will become a ghost town.  It will never recover.

I agree in the sense that if it ever happens it will be because they decide to shut down our server entirely.

I know that several sources within WG (confirmed by Akasha) have in fact discussed shutting down our server and dismissed the option. "Why, exactly?" is the question, with the corollary being "Is our server profitable enough to justify its existence?" (Akasha also confirmed our server is, at least, not losing money). 

Could be that losing "global" coverage would be seen as a significant prestige blow to the game, could be that it would cost more to migrate us than would be saved shutting down, could be that they figure most players on our server will leave rather than migrate to other servers (especially since that's exactly what happened when both the Vietnamese and Korean servers merged with ours), or it could simply be that our financials are actually fine enough to just carry on as is. I'm curious as to which of those factors matters, but I certainly don't know.

Edited by FramFramson, 12 March 2021 - 04:25 AM.

LT-playing masochist. It's too much fun to be a mosquito.

MaxiMooseKnuckle #9 Posted 11 March 2021 - 05:48 PM

Corporal

• 8703 battles
  • [-GSL-] -GSL-
This is only a Suggestion.
1. Merge 2 Accounts and only 2 only.
2. All tanks from both accounts merge, if there is a situation of doubled uped tanks you recieve 1/2 to 2/3ds of the value in Credits or Gold.
3. Stats well I'm not sure how this would happen but maybe a reset. Open to suggestions.
4. Tanks carry over with their equipment, crews etc incase of double ups open to suggestions.
5. If this could happen it may get more people online and playing high is a win, win situation for the Community. Wargaming and the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users