Suggest to remove Win/Lose rating

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

HelloBye #1 Posted 04 March 2021 - 06:16 PM

Private

• 14572 battles

Seeing that WG is going for a more fast paced team wipe scenarios and hoping for players to use more premium or gold shells, why not do away with the Win/Lose rating ?

I mean, its kinda pointless now since we don't even look at the stats anymore with the huge amounts of muppets in game, bots and unicum platoons that also fail to carry a team.

Actually, might as well do away with personal stats altogether ? That would actually encourage new and old players to play harder and spend more so while you get to profit, we don't need to rage every single time and be reminded that YOU started this hot garbage scenario in the first place.

Professor Hulk saying: "I see this as an absolute win!" - Album on Imgur

P/S: Did I forget to mention maybe try harder in making an actually Match Making rather than insignificant updates in 1.12 and also Crew 2.0 ? Kthxbai 

Edited by HelloBye, 04 March 2021 - 06:18 PM.

signature.png

Ezz #2 Posted 04 March 2021 - 06:20 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 76229 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Great idea. Maybe wg could buy out the bot programs and promote those while they are at it. Or they could just encourage players to learn the basics and improve before playing upper tiers. They could make winning even more important and critical to progressing so bads would be kept in the lower tiers. But I guess bads pay for the servers so best try to keep them happy.

Edited by Ezz, 04 March 2021 - 06:22 PM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, Balance TM and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

HelloBye #3 Posted 04 March 2021 - 06:25 PM

Private

• 14572 battles

View PostEzz, on 04 March 2021 - 06:20 PM, said:

Great idea. Maybe wg could buy out the bot programs and promote those while they are at it. Or they could just encourage players to learn the basics and improve before playing upper tiers.

Its almost as if ... people have mentioned this before ... Whoa, dejavu. 

signature.png

Ezz #4 Posted 04 March 2021 - 06:29 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 76229 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

I edited in above, but maybe it's time wg incorporates more of the xvm features like win rate. They have already implemented a number of xvm elements, but getting stats in there could help reduce some of the toxicity the bots and bads cause in the upper tiers.

Maybe they could also implement an optional win rate based chat filter. Imagine how much more useful chat could be if you knew it was coming from someone with a basic understanding of the game. New players might actually learn that chat can help you rather than being bombarded by 47%er drivel.

Edited by Ezz, 04 March 2021 - 06:31 PM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

HelloBye #5 Posted 04 March 2021 - 06:42 PM

Private

• 14572 battles

View PostEzz, on 04 March 2021 - 06:29 PM, said:

I edited in above, but maybe it's time wg incorporates more of the xvm features like win rate. They have already implemented a number of xvm elements, but getting stats in there could help reduce some of the toxicity the bots and bads cause in the upper tiers.

Maybe they could also implement an optional win rate based chat filter. Imagine how much more useful chat could be if you knew it was coming from someone with a basic understanding of the game. New players might actually learn that chat can help you rather than being bombarded by 47%er drivel.

Disagree with all of the above. 

I believe toxicity stems from the culture set by the game developer and mods. Know why most veterans are salty and toxic ? Because the mods and developer would treat us like rubbish and discard our ideas as useless. When given criticism they would often give you warnings/bans just because it did not align with their "plans" or because it is offensive 'cause "you did not develop this game, you do not have the right to comment on it". Years of such treatment developed a culture and now its a tradition. You think players choose to be salty when they came here for fun ? 

I think the chat filter is useless since this game is "free" to play, meaning everyone or anyone can play it from anywhere as long as they have a decent computer and internet connection. Bound to have mentally challenged, trolls and even people who think they are better than everyone to shit post in the general chat. I myself is guilty for bashing on WG for the deceit and lies they spout out of their toxic mouths and posts. Can't even keep track of how many times I got banned in chat for ranting and talking shit about them back in the day when the mods used to rule like its Russia back in 1941

signature.png

Ezz #6 Posted 04 March 2021 - 06:51 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 76229 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

The toxicity stems from lots of things. People treating this as a bot/ mindless grind cause horrible gameplay for those who play it as a team game. Part of that is due to how friendly wg's economy is. Part is how little wg does to prevent such player getting away with it. The more wg does to penalize the bads, the better gameplay will become.

As to everyone being able to play, would you prefer if you could filter out all those that clearly aren't bothering to try?

CardinalMite #7 Posted 04 March 2021 - 06:52 PM

Captain

• 33173 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostHelloBye, on 04 March 2021 - 10:16 AM, said:

Seeing that WG is going for a more fast paced team wipe scenarios and hoping for players to use more premium or gold shells, why not do away with the Win/Lose rating ?

I mean, its kinda pointless now since we don't even look at the stats anymore with the huge amounts of muppets in game, bots and unicum platoons that also fail to carry a team.

Actually, might as well do away with personal stats altogether ? That would actually encourage new and old players to play harder and spend more so while you get to profit, we don't need to rage every single time and be reminded that YOU started this hot garbage scenario in the first place.

Professor Hulk saying:

P/S: Did I forget to mention maybe try harder in making an actually Match Making rather than insignificant updates in 1.12 and also Crew 2.0 ? Kthxbai 

It's like a greatest hits of random illogical connections to try and engineer a scenario where this player can pretend they are good at the game without actually getting good at the game. 

If win lose stats were really irrelevant to the game then why would it matter to get rid of them....?

Also claiming "we" don't look at stats, as if you speak for the entire playerbase is a bit presumptuous. 

Then also why exactly would doing away with stats cause old and new players alike to play harder at the game? Just you saying it is so, does not make it true.

And if you think what you propose would stop raging at the game,  then I have a Nigerian prince who needs your help to recover his inheritance if you only gib money.

P.S. Almost thought you were going to miss out on blaming MM for all the ills in the game but you came through like a champ on the final straight. Bravo.

Edited by CardinalMite, 04 March 2021 - 06:55 PM.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience. But then if I limited myself to only arguing with non-idiots on these forums I'd literally never post"

Ezz #8 Posted 04 March 2021 - 06:55 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 76229 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
As to game rage, pre win rate mods the number of 'noob team's was far higher. Once they realized people could see that they were bads they quietened down.

HelloBye #9 Posted 04 March 2021 - 06:57 PM

Private

• 14572 battles

View PostCardinalMite, on 04 March 2021 - 06:52 PM, said:

It's like a greatest hits of random illogical connections to try and engineer a scenario where this player can pretend they are good at the game without actually getting good at the game. 

If win lose stats were really irrelevant to the game then why would it matter to get rid of them....?

Also claiming "we" don't look at stats, as if you speak for the entire playerbase is a bit presumptuous. 

Then also why exactly would doing away with stats cause old and new players alike to play harder at the game? Just you saying it is so, does not make it true.

And if you think what you propose would stop raging at the game,  then I have a Nigerian prince who needs your help to recover his inheritance if you only gib money.

P.S. Almost thought you were going to miss out on blaming MM for all the ills in the game but you came through like a champ on the final straight. Bravo.

I was being sarcastic. 

signature.png

CardinalMite #10 Posted 04 March 2021 - 07:04 PM

Captain

• 33173 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostHelloBye, on 04 March 2021 - 10:57 AM, said:

I was being sarcastic. 

Well played.

Not sure if this speaks to my levels of woosh or that there have been so many posts where legit the original perceived P.O.V. is meant in all seriousness, that it becomes virtually impossible to distinguish between the troll vs tinfoil.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience. But then if I limited myself to only arguing with non-idiots on these forums I'd literally never post"

HelloBye #11 Posted 04 March 2021 - 07:09 PM

Private

• 14572 battles

View PostEzz, on 04 March 2021 - 06:51 PM, said:

The toxicity stems from lots of things. People treating this as a bot/ mindless grind cause horrible gameplay for those who play it as a team game. Part of that is due to how friendly wg's economy is. Part is how little wg does to prevent such player getting away with it. The more wg does to penalize the bads, the better gameplay will become.

As to everyone being able to play, would you prefer if you could filter out all those that clearly aren't bothering to try?

Disagree. WG's economy is only friendly if you spend gold or premium, the fact that you did not mention that ... Also its not about how WG prevent or or what not. There is literally no proper newbie server or Match Making per se. Sure "Random" battles give us almost instant games but you know what else it gives ? Chaos. Like the running joke goes - Its 1vs29. The problem is that even if you are REALLY good at the game or lets just exaggerate it - THE BEST, you cannot win against 15 guns pointed at you and 14 others being pebbles that trip you every step you take. So here's the question, if you win/lose is it on you or the team ? This is not rewarding in any matter, its punishment. 

I don't bother with filter because WG will rather add another OP prem to "filter" the "Random" battle. 

View PostEzz, on 04 March 2021 - 06:55 PM, said:

As to game rage, pre win rate mods the number of 'noob team's was far higher. Once they realized people could see that they were bads they quietened down.

Agree partially, most are so damn oblivious to their own play style that they will just say shit like "I play for fun". I mean if playing games that punishes you is fun then by all means ... Disagree because like I said, they "play for fun"

signature.png

HelloBye #12 Posted 04 March 2021 - 07:12 PM

Private

• 14572 battles

View PostCardinalMite, on 04 March 2021 - 07:04 PM, said:

Well played.

Not sure if this speaks to my levels of woosh or that there have been so many posts where legit the original perceived P.O.V. is meant in all seriousness, that it becomes virtually impossible to distinguish between the troll vs tinfoil.

I mean ... I went thru how WG ruled with USSR way of dealing with players. They silence them. 

P/S: Good to assume everyone is a tinfoil but don't trip yourself doing so. 

signature.png

Ezz #13 Posted 04 March 2021 - 07:26 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 76229 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
The economy is incredibly friendly. Bots can afford to play endlessly in their m44s while earning credits to fund whatever they want. Hell, good players break even in tier 9. Afk players get xp. Wg could fix this, but then they'd have bads complaining about the economy rather than people complaining about all the bots and bads.

HelloBye #14 Posted 04 March 2021 - 07:48 PM

Private

• 14572 battles

View PostEzz, on 04 March 2021 - 07:26 PM, said:

The economy is incredibly friendly. Bots can afford to play endlessly in their m44s while earning credits to fund whatever they want. Hell, good players break even in tier 9. Afk players get xp. Wg could fix this, but then they'd have bads complaining about the economy rather than people complaining about all the bots and bads.

Well there's another one of the problem innit ? SPGs.

signature.png

The_Big_M #15 Posted 04 March 2021 - 08:12 PM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 75881 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY
I think bots can afford to play anything in tier 6, cgc excepted. But it's just easier to program for arty.

NZ_Reaper_666 #16 Posted 04 March 2021 - 11:18 PM

First lieutenant

• 11783 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostEzz, on 04 March 2021 - 10:20 PM, said:

Great idea. Maybe wg could buy out the bot programs and promote those while they are at it. Or they could just encourage players to learn the basics and improve before playing upper tiers. They could make winning even more important and critical to progressing so bads would be kept in the lower tiers. But I guess bads pay for the servers so best try to keep them happy.

Mean while you got green and blue players smashing tiers 2-5 no wonder the bad players are in higher tiers.

Just a tomato trying to get his win rate up its working a whole 1% in 6 months. 

The_Big_M #17 Posted 04 March 2021 - 11:38 PM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 75881 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

View PostNZ_Reaper_666, on 05 March 2021 - 01:18 AM, said:

Mean while you got green and blue players smashing tiers 2-5 no wonder the bad players are in higher tiers.

So, um, which tiers do you play, Nzud?

NZ_Reaper_666 #18 Posted 04 March 2021 - 11:44 PM

First lieutenant

• 11783 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostThe_Big_M, on 05 March 2021 - 03:38 AM, said:

So, um, which tiers do you play, Nzud?

mostly 7 and 8 but thats not stat padding. on the other hands i check your account ms-1 2067 L.Tr 1947 T37 1939 m7 priest 1405 t2 light 2168 t1 hmc 1868 light vic 1171 nice stat padding

Just a tomato trying to get his win rate up its working a whole 1% in 6 months. 

The_Big_M #19 Posted 05 March 2021 - 12:09 AM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 75881 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

View PostNZ_Reaper_666, on 05 March 2021 - 01:44 AM, said:

mostly 7 and 8 but thats not stat padding. on the other hands i check your account ms-1 2067 L.Tr 1947 T37 1939 m7 priest 1405 t2 light 2168 t1 hmc 1868 light vic 1171 nice stat padding

lol, as clueless a remark as many of your others

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #20 Posted 05 March 2021 - 12:14 AM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 84574 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY

I suggest to remove win/lose.

There should be no winning or losing. Everything should be just a part of a continuous flow of events with no winners or losers.

Random battles should be converted into a new game mode called Consistent War. There is no win/lose, no time limit. You spawn into an area and you can choose to either move around and fight or camp and shoot people. Just like MMORPG.

Make a tank MMORPG. Patent pending. WG hire me plz.

47%-ers: "Stat shaming is bad, XVM is bad, we need anonymizer"

Also 47%-ers:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users