why i dont play ranked battles on HK server

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Ezz #21 Posted 08 April 2021 - 04:58 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 76229 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Ranked isn't for everyone. The best bet for some people is to just get qualification done and go back to pubbing. Unless you enjoy it more that is. Understandable as in many ways it's an improvement.

Edited by Ezz, 08 April 2021 - 04:59 AM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, Balance TM and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

Vader108 #22 Posted 08 April 2021 - 06:59 AM

Sergeant

• 67480 battles
  • [GRUB] GRUB

View PostEzz, on 08 April 2021 - 06:58 AM, said:

Ranked isn't for everyone. The best bet for some people is to just get qualification done and go back to pubbing. Unless you enjoy it more that is. Understandable as in many ways it's an improvement.

I was hoping to get through the third division and blow some bonds on the 50T and maybe the T45.

That aint going to happen.

Quite frustrating, can't even seem to win a game in my 430U which I normally have a 55% win rate in :(

Lupi #23 Posted 11 April 2021 - 11:48 PM

Staff sergeant

• 32988 battles

I struggled in TVP and Leopard, but Progetto provides more consistency over a range of games even if it doesn't have as many epic games as those glass cannons.  Made it out of third, that's all I wanted to do. 

I don't like the playstyle of ranked due mainly to the EBRs.

BANNED

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #24 Posted 12 April 2021 - 12:09 AM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 84564 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY

Progetto remains good for the wrong reason. It's fast enough to 1) Steal XP after the game is won, 2) Run away when losing. And the full clip worth of 1440 damage means it can 1) Steal even more XP after the game is won, 2) Do damage before dying when losing. And since it is also capable of single-shot it can limit exposure time and move with a winning flank to compete for XP.

WG should edit the XP system to stop counting XP after the score becomes lopsided e.g. more than 4 tank advantage so that

- That Leopard 1 at redline won't get top XP on a losing team because he has 2.5k damage, or top XP on a winning team because he is full HP and can afford to rush the enemy base on a win

- The tanks that fought early and died because their team sucked will get the most XP on the team

Extra: How to determine when to stop counting XP? It's just statistics. All you need is data.

Just collect data from the battles: How the scores of both teams progress e.g. 0-0 to 1-0 to 1-1 to 1-2 to 1-3 etc. to 3-7 to 3-8 to 3-9 all the way until 5-15 or when the battle is over basically. This will be one dataset for one battle.

And collect this data for a bunch of battles.

Next, mark the numbers above with the outcome of the battle e.g. the numbers you saw above are marked with a "lose"

Then you have another example battle. 0-0 to 1-0 to 1-1 to 2-1 to 3-1 etc. to 15-10 for example. Mark these with a "win".

So now u have a bunch of scores tagged with "lose" and "win". Now just group all of these together and you can get the below data for example:

-Score of 7-10, 247 losses 33 wins (And I am probably very optimistic on the chance to win)

When a score has above 95% chance of win or lose, stop counting contribution at this point.

Depending on how extreme RB scores are (some battles are decided with 2 tank advantage), you can even raise the requirement to more than 95% so that more people can earn XP.

Edited by Aoyama_Blue_Mountain, 12 April 2021 - 12:23 AM.

47%-ers: "Stat shaming is bad, XVM is bad, we need anonymizer"

Also 47%-ers:

Lupi #25 Posted 12 April 2021 - 09:18 AM

Staff sergeant

• 32988 battles

I can do things in the Progetto that I can't do in the TVP or Leopard.

eg actively spot due to the speed and armor profile.  If the enemy spots a TVP and Progetto in the open, who do you think they're going to focus fire?  The TVP of course because its an auto pen.  The Prog you have to aim for the turret which is a smaller target to guarantee penetration.  The TVP also has a hull profile the size of a barn.  The Leopard has similar drawbacks although it at least has speed. (The STB-1 also has an advantage due to the turret armor, and in my sample of games was the most consistent in the top 3 of all the tanks.  I don't have the STB-1 though)... Another issue with the TVP, the gun is troll and it can't pen shit unless you use heat.  I prefer to use regular ammo due to economy.

The autoreloader of course also has the ability to farm damage and blind shoot more efficiently than the autoloader and single shot tanks.

Progetto is definitely a meta tank for ranked and I was able to influence battles (ie win) more often than TVP and Leopard...not just farm from already won battles.

regardless, my point here is tank choice advice for average players rather than belittling average players or devising ways to make the game more difficult for average players.

Edited by Lupi, 12 April 2021 - 09:36 AM.

BANNED

NameWasStolenStresslevel #26 Posted 12 April 2021 - 06:17 PM

Captain

• 51702 battles

The attitude that Blue is having toward ranked is somewhat arrogant and i really like that he is getting what he deserves. Despite being a good player, he clearly wants the system to change for him so it gets easier for him, because there is no way on the planet earth that there could be something wrong with him at a certain degree. Sure ranked isnt perfected to the point of being decently competitive, but that doesnt mean you are not competing against the entire server.

That other thread that he was asking for XP for permaliting the enemy and being permalit in the process for example, asking for XP (reward) for holding a flank against 3 noobs that decided to sit there instead of relocate or push him and kill him in 1-2 reload each (10 seconds max). 

There is no system in the video game industry that can determine/separate who is a noob doing something clueless or pushing a flank in a reckless way, from a player doing something that can actually win the game.

And thats the other problem, the winrate at ranked is low Blue, so something is wrong. I think i know the answer, you are getting bad teams, or really good enemies? Well "bad" and "good" doesnt exist in this game. You have yourself said that in the other thread "stats doesnt matter". So something else must be wrong.

Playing aggressively literally means AGRESSION, which means you are making the enemy bleed, by assist damage or by damage/kills. But you are not doing it, so dont expect the system to reward you. Plus there is no way leopards are stealing that from you so consistently like u say. Stop focusing so much about how many died in your team and try to play to win. You are clearly with the wrong mindset, it seems that youre hungry for chevs, i could be wrong, but if thats not the case, then its how things go wrong.

And then now you decide to pick leopard 1 as an example. Leopard 1 is one of the least played mediums in ranked. Proggetos, 430us, 140s and TVPs were the most tanks anyone in this forum will admit to have seen in ranked.

For some reason, over hundreds and hundreds of games, Blue has been outplayed by leopards 1s... But there are 3 spots in the top 3 (THREE positions among the top 3 players, naturally) So maybe play a little harder to get somewhere among the top 3, because there is no way 3 leopards EVERY game are ruining your gameplay experience over those hundreds of games you have grinded ranked.

And sorry but your "microplays" arent helping at all with that low winrate you have at ranked. You can impact in ranked, its just different, and harder than randoms, but not impossible.

I am a leopard 1 gold league player for two seasons in a row. I dont have a binary mindset of where to go "press W key must go here" kind of mindset. I can be anywhere, any moment, killing EBRs every 3-5 games. And look my damage taken... How can i be full HP at the end of the game if my damage taken stats says i take around 1400 damage per game??? I sometimes die early too, but i dont come to forums to complain about all kind of MTs camping in the back, instead i try to see what i could have done better to win.

I been spotting every game for the proggetos and 140s sniping from the red line so that i can have 1200 assist dmg per game. So maybe you can just chill a little and take the game less seriously? You just said stats dont matter, so stick with that idea, and keep grinding ranked, you and everyone else will be happy. 

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 12 April 2021 - 07:00 PM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #27 Posted 12 April 2021 - 07:06 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 84564 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY
Uh huh.

47%-ers: "Stat shaming is bad, XVM is bad, we need anonymizer"

Also 47%-ers:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users