Cookie popup notifications on every refresh of the forums.

Doing my head in.

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

CardinalMite #1 Posted 11 September 2021 - 12:41 AM

Captain

• 34282 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

So getting this popup all the time on every forum navigation or refresh on desktop or mobile views  and it is annoying as hell. it seems to have started a few days ago and no amount  of fiddling with browser settings or cache clear seems to make any difference. Is anyone else getting this all the time or is it just me?

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience. But then if I limited myself to only arguing with non-idiots on these forums I'd literally never post"

BadAtLightTanks #2 Posted 11 September 2021 - 02:08 AM

Staff sergeant

• 17570 battles
  • [LOL-E] LOL-E
I have put up with it for over a month now and it is also driving me nuts. However, I noticed this is now prevalent on many of the websites that I visit regularly.

The_Big_M #3 Posted 11 September 2021 - 11:26 AM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 82080 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY
Not just you. But it's also not just here. Folks in EU and NA communities have also been complaining of the same thing too! So it's a global issue with their web settings... which means you can only hope they will fix it sooner than if it were just little ol' us.

JellyBob_ #4 Posted 14 September 2021 - 01:24 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 51085 battles

I had that happening for few days .. but now it's gone .. don't know what I did thou  :ohmy:

I am using Microsoft Edge atm    .. I used Firefox just then and it happened once.

Cookie setting  ?

Edited by JellyBob_, 14 September 2021 - 01:27 PM.

CardinalMite #5 Posted 14 September 2021 - 01:29 PM

Captain

• 34282 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
I wish it was gone... particularly on mobile the #%&$@!!!!ing popup takes up about a quarter of the screen... then comes back... every... damn refresh or navigation. 

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience. But then if I limited myself to only arguing with non-idiots on these forums I'd literally never post"

DDayCobra #6 Posted 14 September 2021 - 10:56 PM

Private

• 917 battles
Not much you can do about that; it's required by EU regulations that all sites now have that notification that users agree to have cookies stored on your computer. All you can do is to click on it to go ahead.

CardinalMite #7 Posted 15 September 2021 - 12:18 AM

Captain

• 34282 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostDDayCobra, on 14 September 2021 - 02:56 PM, said:

Not much you can do about that; it's required by EU regulations that all sites now have that notification that users agree to have cookies stored on your computer. All you can do is to click on it to go ahead.

Surely not every page refresh???

AlexTheKid72 #8 Posted 15 September 2021 - 01:14 AM

Staff sergeant

• 34169 battles
  • [RAWR-] RAWR-

View PostCardinalMite, on 14 September 2021 - 01:29 PM, said:

I wish it was gone... particularly on mobile the #%&$@!!!!ing popup takes up about a quarter of the screen... then comes back... every... damn refresh or navigation. 

Try brave browser for mobile.

signature.png

CardinalMite #9 Posted 15 September 2021 - 08:02 AM

Captain

• 34282 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostAlexTheKid72, on 14 September 2021 - 05:14 PM, said:

Try brave browser for mobile.

Alex. You. Are. The. Man.

This was driving me insane, well... more insane.

Still, can't believe I have to change browser just for one WG forum site to be functional.  WG I know you treat the forum as the red headed stepchild vs discord,  but really this is just getting wilfully obnoxious. 

wasaabi #10 Posted 15 September 2021 - 08:45 AM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 23554 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY
FWIW the cookie popups were driving me insane as well, no matter how many times I accepted them, but it seems to have gone away as I haven't seen them on this site for a few days at least.  I don't use a mobile browser though.

WoT ANZ Community Contributor http://www.youtube.com/c/BadTanking

Ezz #11 Posted 15 September 2021 - 09:17 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 77427 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
I just ignored them and refreshed the page i think and never saw them again.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, Balance TM and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

CardinalMite #12 Posted 15 September 2021 - 01:40 PM

Captain

• 34282 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postwasaabi, on 15 September 2021 - 12:45 AM, said:

FWIW the cookie popups were driving me insane as well, no matter how many times I accepted them, but it seems to have gone away as I haven't seen them on this site for a few days at least.  I don't use a mobile browser though.

I was getting it on the desktop browser also, albeit it seemed slightly less frequent. 

FramFramson #13 Posted 15 September 2021 - 03:53 PM

Major

• 54906 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostCardinalMite, on 15 September 2021 - 12:40 AM, said:

I was getting it on the desktop browser also, albeit it seemed slightly less frequent. 

Chrome?

I'm on FF and haven't seen any issues with cookie pop-ups.

THAT SAID, I do run NoScript and uBlock Origin.

AlexTheKid72 #14 Posted 15 September 2021 - 04:49 PM

Staff sergeant

• 34169 battles
  • [RAWR-] RAWR-

View PostCardinalMite, on 15 September 2021 - 01:40 PM, said:

Use brave on pc as well. Duck duck go is default engine and there's no tracking.
Sometimes it's too good and blocks a pop-up you want lol (not often). That's the only time I use any other browser.

signature.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users