Using music from Wargaming

question music

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

BomberOfHell123 #1 Posted 11 October 2021 - 03:41 AM

Private

• 9214 battles
I would like to use a few of Wargaming's soundtracks (in particular WoT and WoWs) for a few animation projects, which I would like to upload onto YouTube. Will that be okay for me to do, and will I have any problems with Wargaming/World of Tanks/World of Warships? Would there be any copyright issues?

stewiejp #2 Posted 11 October 2021 - 07:32 AM

#GetOnBoard

• Community Contributor
  • 52446 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
I have been doing it for years - not only playing tanks but having the WoT soundtrack which I downloaded from the official websites playing in the background on some videos and never copped a slap for it.  

#GetOnBoard Studios  - GETONBOARDSTEWIEJP <--- Invite Code - www.youtube.com/c/stewiejp   www.twitch.tv/stewiejp

CardinalMite #3 Posted 11 October 2021 - 07:57 AM

Captain

• 34534 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

The golden rule of fair use is to ask yourself whether you will be directly deriving income or monetise in any way these projects. Or alternatively being used to promote competitor's products.

If the answer is no you are probably fine, otherwise danger Will Robinson. 

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience. But then if I limited myself to only arguing with non-idiots on these forums I'd literally never post"

locknload595 #4 Posted 11 October 2021 - 01:31 PM

Private

• 11140 battles

View PostCardinalMite, on 11 October 2021 - 07:57 AM, said:

otherwise danger Will Robinson. 

Funny-just finished downloading all 3 seasons from the 1965 to 1968 series of Lost in Space

Conan #5 Posted 11 October 2021 - 04:00 PM

Member and President of the Buff Arty Society

• Administrator
  • 12432 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostBomberOfHell123, on 11 October 2021 - 03:41 AM, said:

I would like to use a few of Wargaming's soundtracks (in particular WoT and WoWs) for a few animation projects, which I would like to upload onto YouTube. Will that be okay for me to do, and will I have any problems with Wargaming/World of Tanks/World of Warships? Would there be any copyright issues?

Hello. As long as it is used to make World of Tanks related content, it is okay to use. 

CardinalMite #6 Posted 11 October 2021 - 05:52 PM

Captain

• 34534 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postlocknload595, on 11 October 2021 - 05:31 AM, said:

Funny-just finished downloading all 3 seasons from the 1965 to 1968 series of Lost in Space

Respect.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience. But then if I limited myself to only arguing with non-idiots on these forums I'd literally never post"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users