Does black prince sucks in wot

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Yenula_Baritha #1 Posted 13 October 2021 - 01:46 PM

Private

• 6339 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
well I am just curious about why people say Black prince is a bad tank cause it got a great turret but slow and got 8 dep but fairly low alpha damage per shot I need to know whether i should blueprint the  caemarvon or just play the black prince and get it 

Ezz #2 Posted 13 October 2021 - 02:11 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 78078 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
It's serviceable but not going to excite. Plus it has much better tanks in tier to compete with. As to blueprinting, probably depends what else you'd want to use the brit BPs for. Certainly in that line everything above it is good to great so i wouldn't use any BPs there.

Edited by Ezz, 13 October 2021 - 02:12 PM.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, Balance TM and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

pr154 #3 Posted 13 October 2021 - 05:16 PM

Sergeant

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 30745 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY

I had a really rough time with Black Prince on my initial grind (i.e. within my first 5K battles) but have really enjoyed coming back to it recently, playing it for Battle Pass points while trying to correct a few sins.

Best thing about it is you're a Sidescraping God, so use that to bait and bounce enemy shots then punish them multiple times with the rapid-firing OQF 17-pdr Mk.VII as they reload.

It resists HP damage when poking forward at an angle as well, but expect to be tracked in the process. Sidescraping tends to resist tracking much better.

If you're having trouble penetrating, the 17-pdr has an APCR option with 239mm of penetration which still keeps Tier VI's armed with this weapon (Firefly, AC4, TOG II*) noteworthy threats at Tier VIII

Mobility was the thing I hated most about it initially, turning up late for the losing gunfight and getting torn up in a 4v1. But with more experience behind me I can manage that alot better these days. Crew and Equip for mobility and repairs, noting the gunnery kindof takes care of itself with 0.33m/100m base dispersion. Just keep an eye on the mini-map if your team-mates have surged ahead into a losing gunfight, as you may need to dig in. If you've got enemy tanks coming out of a fight, just try to focus the low-HP ones first and try to position so that you can draw on some friendly second-line TD or SPG support.

Best of luck!!

Edited by pr154, 13 October 2021 - 05:18 PM.

CardinalMite #4 Posted 13 October 2021 - 05:36 PM

Captain

• 34534 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Arguably it benefited from Equipment 2.0 and FM in that you can mitigate the woeful mobility. 

I must admit I did kind of enjoy playing it driving forwards in a constant zigzag manner..

Don't trust the turret front, there are a fair number of guns that can punch through it. Basically never sit still.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience. But then if I limited myself to only arguing with non-idiots on these forums I'd literally never post"

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users