Important - Re-Purchase Price of Previously owned tanks

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Poll: Re-Purchase of vehicles (22 members have cast votes)

Should the prices be reduced to half on Re-Purchase of vehicles?

1. Yes (7 votes [31.82%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 31.82%

2. No (15 votes [68.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 68.18%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

SENTINAL17 #1 Posted 20 October 2021 - 05:29 PM

Private

• 25165 battles
  • [PAPPY] PAPPY

Hello Everyone,

I am a Free-to-Play Player and I believe all the free-to-play account holders would agree that it is really difficult to earn credits to buy vehicles without any premium benefits. If due to any reason we have to sell our hard-earned tanks, we have to sell them at half the price we purchase them at, and if in the future we want to Re- Purchase the tank, we have to again pay the whole amount. It seems a bit unfair for players like us.

For eg:-

I buy a tier 10 vehicle for 61,00,000 credits, but when we sell it, it goes for 30,00,000 - 35,00,000. we get half the amount we purchased it for. and then if we think of re-buying it later we again have to pay 61,00,000. This to me seems unfair, wargaming should at least provide some discount or the option to purchase it at half rate if we have already unlocked and bought the vehicle once at full price.

It would really help players with the free-to-play accounts.

Edited by SENTINAL17, 20 October 2021 - 05:35 PM.

__xXx_Fury_o7o7o7 #2 Posted 20 October 2021 - 06:52 PM

Sergeant

• 22294 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY
Been this way since the dawn of time, think of the amount of silver they would have to reimburse other players it would be huge.

signature.pnggwQAWQl.gif

Member Council of Armored Forces 

The_Big_M #3 Posted 20 October 2021 - 07:21 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 85463 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

That doesn't really make any sense.

It would mean that you could buy and sell vehicles at absolutely no cost, once you've bought them. You sell it at half price - but then you want to buy it back at the same half price.

This would then make garage slots pointless and also ruin their economy as people would only need enough for the tanks they're playing in that day, then immediately sell, rebuy an old vehicle, use it, sell it and rebuy another vehicle and so on. Basically, it would just be a completely free infinite garage that WG ran. And mean there is no need to manage your economy and tank purchases as part of the game. Much of the game is about managing your own resources. I can't see any reason for them to do that.

SENTINAL17 #4 Posted 20 October 2021 - 07:38 PM

Private

• 25165 battles
  • [PAPPY] PAPPY
@The_Big_M I am not saying to reduce the original price of the tanks. I am saying once I have bought a tank at full price, then if I sell it, and later I want to repurchase the tank, it should be at least at a discounted rate/ half rate. so that players like me do not have to literally play hundreds of matches just to earn those credits. Free to Play players do not have the luxury that players like premium players have. the shell costs have increased and now in every battle, we earn less. Also, it would be a good way of retaining all the players that wargaming is losing on daily basis to other games like Valorant, Counter strike, etc. Just because those games do not favour Premium players. Just because someone has money in his/her pockets, giving them an absolute advantage is like taking advantage of the players who cannot afford to invest money.

Ezz #5 Posted 20 October 2021 - 07:42 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 78088 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Free garage slots! Huzzah!

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, Balance TM and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

SENTINAL17 #6 Posted 20 October 2021 - 07:49 PM

Private

• 25165 battles
  • [PAPPY] PAPPY

Also what kind of economy are you guys talking about, @The_Big_M, how do you explain the fact that if you are not playing in a premium account and if you use Premium shells then you will definitely lose money. How can we manage that? Also, it is game mechanics and coding it is not in our hands to manage the economy, not anymore. Also, even if I agree with all that you are saying, don't you think the game would be a lot more fun for players if they have the choice of buying back their tanks, that they had worked so hard to research and had to sell just because a stupid update that screwed up the vehicles stats/ or to purchase any new vehicle that is overpowering in the game.    

Also @__xXx_Fury_o7o7o7 , we are not asking for any refunds or silver reimbursements. I am saying to let us buy our own tanks at discounted prices. read the post in the language you can understand. and then reply or vote. 

Red-Text, Member-Warned

__xXx_Fury_o7o7o7

wasaabi #7 Posted 20 October 2021 - 08:35 PM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 23594 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY

View PostSENTINAL17, on 20 October 2021 - 09:49 PM, said:

Also what kind of economy are you guys talking about, @The_Big_M, how do you explain the fact that if you are not playing in a premium account and if you use Premium shells then you will definitely lose money. How can we manage that? Also, it is game mechanics and coding it is not in our hands to manage the economy, not anymore. Also, even if I agree with all that you are saying, don't you think the game would be a lot more fun for players if they have the choice of buying back their tanks, that they had worked so hard to research and had to sell just because a stupid update that screwed up the vehicles stats/ or to purchase any new vehicle that is overpowering in the game.    

Also @__xXx_Fury_o7o7o7 , we are not asking for any refunds or silver reimbursements. I am saying to let us buy our own tanks at discounted prices. read the post in the language you can understand. and then reply or vote. 

Quote-Edit, Red-Text  

__xXx_Fury_o7o7o7

The game economy is designed to make it expensive to run high tiers, the most profitable tiers are 5 to 7 and the reason for that is to ensure the there are always players in the lower tiers so that new players can get games.  If Tier 10 was cheap to run and buy then most players would end up there and new players wouldn't get games.

FYI the selling of tanks and equipment at 50% of the original price and having to buy it back at the full price has been in the game from the start, so why should it change now?  You have effectively received a 50% discount on buying it back so just because you spent that money on something else why should they give an additional discount on repurchase?

WoT ANZ Community Contributor http://www.youtube.com/c/BadTanking

SENTINAL17 #8 Posted 20 October 2021 - 08:57 PM

Private

• 25165 battles
  • [PAPPY] PAPPY

Hi @Wasaabi, I just copied the names of the moderators and thus the red color was copied into my last replies, thank you for the warning though, I wasn't aware of the rules. Yes, the rules have been placed since the beginning of the game, but since then a lot has been changed, modified for the betterment of the experience of gameplay. Just because something exists from the beginning doesn't mean it is right. It can be and should be changed if it is for the betterment. the discount should be given because the situation for gameplay keeps on changing with every update which only free-to-play players can understand. 

E.g. -  TYPE 5 Heavy turned into a horrific tank to play with once the premium shells were shifted from being only gold purchased to being overpriced silver credits since now players could actually hit the tank on its face. However, the new HE updates have made the tank a better choice at tier 10. Now, this is just an example of how the instances change due to the updates wargaming implements without considering the Free to Play accounts.

So It is relevant that wargaming should provide some leeway for players like me who are dedicated to the game but do not have money to spend on it. Also about new players, it still takes a lot of grinding to research tanks from tier 1 to tier 10 for free to play players, so if a new player joins, they will still meet other players who are grinding.

wasaabi #9 Posted 20 October 2021 - 09:20 PM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 23594 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY
If you read what I wrote, you already received a 50% discount on rebuying, that you chose to spend those credits on something else is on you, not WG.

WoT ANZ Community Contributor http://www.youtube.com/c/BadTanking

SENTINAL17 #10 Posted 20 October 2021 - 09:22 PM

Private

• 25165 battles
  • [PAPPY] PAPPY
No we don't get 50% on rebuying. we get 50% amount on selling the tank (50% of the total hard-earned credits that I spend on purchasing the tank). you have to read what I am trying to say first. 

The_Big_M #11 Posted 20 October 2021 - 09:36 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 85463 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

View PostSENTINAL17, on 20 October 2021 - 09:38 PM, said:

@The_Big_M I am not saying to reduce the original price of the tanks. I am saying once I have bought a tank at full price, then if I sell it, and later I want to repurchase the tank, it should be at least at a discounted rate/ half rate. so that players like me do not have to literally play hundreds of matches just to earn those credits. Free to Play players do not have the luxury that players like premium players have. the shell costs have increased and now in every battle, we earn less. Also, it would be a good way of retaining all the players that wargaming is losing on daily basis to other games like Valorant, Counter strike, etc. Just because those games do not favour Premium players. Just because someone has money in his/her pockets, giving them an absolute advantage is like taking advantage of the players who cannot afford to invest money.

I didn't say you were reducing the original price.

But your suggestion is unreallstic as explained. So you want to buy a tank for 6m credits. Then sell a tank for 3m credits. Then buy it back for 3m credits. As said, WG is now providing free storage for you, destroying the model of this, as well as garage slots.

While the game is free to play, none of what you request is essential. You can get as many tanks as you have garage slots. If you want more, then you pay for garage slots. Or you can sell and buy back as you need - _AT A COST._ Or you can just keep your fleet down at the garage slots you have. I don't see why they should give you that facility for free, when it is manageable as a free player in any case.

The_Big_M #12 Posted 20 October 2021 - 09:45 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 85463 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

View PostSENTINAL17, on 20 October 2021 - 09:49 PM, said:

Just because it's free to play doesn't mean everything has to be free. You can choose not to run a premium account, but there is no requirement that you have to use premium shells. However, if you choose to use premium shells, and can't manage economically, why shouldn't you pay for the extra?

Plus in any case, there is no need to use premium shells. I ran a free account to start with, back when you actually had to pay cash for premium shells, so didn't use them. And now even though you buy them with silver, I still basically don't use them. Personally, it's annoyiing that you have wallet warriors who just always spam gold, devaluing the use of armour and angling - and now they expect it has to be for free! It's a game mechanic so it's fine to use - but if you want to use it, it's up to you how to pay for it, not the game. 

And you do already "have the choice to buy back tanks" you had. It's just not for free. Like many things in life, you have to choose what you value more, and how to pay for it. 

SENTINAL17 #13 Posted 20 October 2021 - 09:47 PM

Private

• 25165 battles
  • [PAPPY] PAPPY

So basically from all that I have gathered as of now, the game is not for free to play players, only you 4 have said that it shouldn't be done what I have suggested as obviously you 4 players are either moderators or beta testers for the game and thus must be having premium accounts. so players like you can never understand the pain a free to play player goes through while playing this game. I know the garage slots are limited but the whole point of my discussion was not garage space or silver compensation or, how is WG at fault or not. Simply put it was, to make the game more fun for free to play players, which through the discussion I have now realized doesn't matter to WG as they have people defending them, who are not even able to understand the main issue. or even care about free to play account players.  All that I could gather in this game is only made for earning money and doesn't care about any player who is playing it for free. why don't they put it on steam and make it paid service? so that people can actually know that it is only meant for players with money in their pockets.

My suggestion would seem unrealistic to nut heads. as they do not understand the term consumer satisfaction. educated people if they ever read what I am trying to say will understand that it is in the benefit of WG in the long run.

SENTINAL17 #14 Posted 20 October 2021 - 09:52 PM

Private

• 25165 battles
  • [PAPPY] PAPPY
the discussion is not about getting a premium or not. It is about making the game fun and a bit more easier for players who do not have money and yet are still sincere to play, it will bring more footfall on the platform. which will end up as profit for the company. and I am not asking them to let me buy back tanks for free or even half ragte for god sakes, I have asked to let us buy back the tanks at a discounted rate. How hard is it to understand????

pablo_escobar_ #15 Posted 20 October 2021 - 09:52 PM

Private

• 17117 battles
  • [PAPPY] PAPPY

Hi The_Big_M

first WG is nothing giving us as free and from  the start of this conversation you are just talking whatever coming in your dead mind like garage slot n all. so please before saying something first understand the topic and if you are unable to understand what is written there then you can ask for any person help near you.  

The_Big_M #16 Posted 20 October 2021 - 09:53 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 85463 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

View PostSENTINAL17, on 20 October 2021 - 10:57 PM, said:

E.g. -  TYPE 5 Heavy turned into a horrific tank to play with once the premium shells were shifted from being only gold purchased to being overpriced silver credits since now players could actually hit the tank on its face. However, the new HE updates have made the tank a better choice at tier 10. Now, this is just an example of how the instances change due to the updates wargaming implements without considering the Free to Play accounts.

That's the cost of you getting a loan back on the original tank.

Virtually any time you sell something in the real - or game in this case - it will be reduced when you sell it. So you only get 3m back. But you choose to do it in this case, to free up that 3m for other purchases. Fine. Your choice.

But now when you want to buy it back, nobody will give it back to you for the same price they paid you. Otherwise they give you a loan - and have to hold the goods - for free. Nobody will do that. 

Here, there's no commitment on how long they're giving you that loan. And indeed you never have to buy it back. You've just sold it. Which makes it one sided. All the power is in your hands. Basically they buy it from you at the second hand price. 

But in the scenario where you decide you want to buy it back again, well, the one you sold has gone, since you made no commitment to ever buy it back from them, and have paid no loan interest and asset storage payments in the meantime. So if you want to buy it back again, then you have to buy it new.

So, all up, this is very fair and reasonable.

The_Big_M #17 Posted 20 October 2021 - 09:55 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 85463 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

Seems you guys aren't actually reading, but just want a mutual support society.

I already said I was a free to play player, and explained how I managed things. It isn't hard. And yes, you are asking for something for free, that shouldn't be. Again, re-read what is above instead of just ignoring because it doesn't agree with your wants.

SENTINAL17 #18 Posted 20 October 2021 - 09:59 PM

Private

• 25165 battles
  • [PAPPY] PAPPY
I am not asking it for free!!! read above. I am asking it at discounted price!

The_Big_M #19 Posted 20 October 2021 - 10:10 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 85463 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

I read above. You want it free. I'll even quote the example you gave.

Block Quote

e.g I buy a tier 10 vehicle for 61,00,000 credits, but when we sell it, it goes for 30,00,000 - 35,00,000. we get half the amount we purchased it for. and then if we think of re-buying it later we again have to pay 61,00,000. This to me seems unfair, wargaming should at least provide some discount or the option to purchase it at half rate

You buy at 6m. You sell at 3m. You buy back at 3m.

That's a free buyback! You have paid nothing extra for the convenience of getting a loan, and even having the option of never buying it back again, and freeing up garage space all that time.

pablo_escobar_ #20 Posted 20 October 2021 - 10:42 PM

Private

• 17117 battles
  • [PAPPY] PAPPY

The_Big_M

Since this pole is created only you 4 guys are placing your thoughts and deciding that everything  what WG is doing is great. I would suggest that let other players do there voting or commenting. Not those who are working as moderators and blindly following whatever is going in this game.

This is the game not the bank where we are having a discussion on loan n all. if you can't understand a basic thing here then you are free to wander in whatever coming in your mind and it seems you are getting a true mutual support by all other 3 members biased and blind under WG because you guys are working under this. it would be great if sensible players shift there gameplay to other games where they are gaining something, at least there moderators are well educated and clearly know about how to run a game management behind game. because you guys only expert in just putting a ban or imposing a idiotic warning.

This game is now nothing but a world of crap where nothing is going to improve.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users