Guide to Receiving Your own Obj 279(e)

Guide 279

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Resonance0726 #1 Posted 09 November 2021 - 05:30 AM

Corporal

• 23671 battles
  • [L1ME] L1ME

I have been pretty lazy to write this one since there are many guides out there guiding you how to get one, still, I'll be writing it based on my own experience of obtaining the tank. By the way, please complete ALL excalibur and Chimera 15th missions with honors, I'll explain in later. Here's a full guide to Chimera missions : http://forum.worldoftanks.asia/index.php?/topic/88982-guide-to-full-honors-for-chimera-mission/

Before you start Obj 279(e) missions, I assumed you already know how to spot as LT, which bush to use , how to angle and shoot weakspots as HT and so on.  And again, I SOLOed the entire set, some missions can be much easier if you played with a buddy, so its all up to you.

Summary : Obj 279 missions can be completed without honors, so I am just going to write base on completing only the base mission, as I am not unicum enough to finished entire sets with honors.

Nation Set Suggested: Alliance and Union

Why do 2 lines instead of 1 you asked? Two is definitely easier than 1 in my opinion, especially with the new HE changes, that FV HESH pens most of the time will give you 0 module/crew damage, I just want my sanity so I went 2 sets instead of 1 with 8 honors.

Tanks you need(MUST):

LT-432, LTTB, IS-4, IS-3, Obj 261, SU-130, Obj 140 (Union) 

T92 (LT) , FV3805, M53/55, T32, T95, Conqueror, S.Conq (Alliance)

Tanks you should prepare (optional and not critical to complete the mission):

T-100LT, ST-1, WZ-111-4, Obj 277, Defender (Union)
Tortoise, E3, (Alliance)

Spoiler Alert: In order to have a comfy life you have to complete 1 of the 15th missions with honors, or you can try suffering.

Missions skipped for sanity reasons:

1.  Alliance - 8 (Skip this first or else you'll stuck trying to complete either lines)

2. Union -7

2. Union - 13

Lets start off with Union sets.

Union - 1 Complete the primary condition in 5 battles.

Enable your allies to cause an average of 2000 HP of damage to enemy vehicles per battle by spotting them or destroying their tracks.

Restriction: Enable your allies to cause 500 HP of damage to enemy vehicles in a battle by spotting them or destroying their tracks.

Comments:

Use LT-432, if you're F2P player you can use LTTB, or T-100LT, actually since you need to complete the mission, so who cares about the restriction? Your main objective is to have 10000 spotting damage/assisting damage in 5 games. So you can count yourself, if you don't get at least 4000 for the first start, just keep resetting until you do, then the last 4 games should be pretty easy, 1500 per game and you're done.

Mission Difficulty : 4

Union - 2 Complete conditions in 3 battles in a row.

Cause 2 times more damage than the hit points of your vehicle.

Comments:

Use Obj 261, with a bit of luck rotation in your favor, 90% of the time should be completed within your first try of this mission.

Mission Difficulty : 1

Union - 3 Complete the primary condition in 10 battles.

Destroy 15 enemy vehicles.

Comments:

Not a really hard mission, just use a HT you're comfortable with and roll out. Preferable to start the condition with 2-3 kills as your first battle since you only need like 1.5 kills per battle, if you cannot get 3 kills within 2 battles then just reset and re-do again.

Union - 4 Complete the primary condition in 5 battles.

Block an average of 8 enemy hits.

Restriction: Block 2 enemy hits.

Comments:

Use IS-4 or Bobject 268v4, the IS-4 can reverse sidescrape or you can just overangle to bait shots, you should have been able to understand how to overangle your IS-4 and not take damage if you're going to start 279 missions right? So 40 hits in total, if you can get 10~12 blocked in your first battle you can just complete it pretty easily, else reset.

Union - 5 Complete conditions in 3 battles in a row.

Be among the top 3 players in the battle by damage caused.

Comments:

In this mission its pretty easy, whether you win or you lose, you just have to be in top 3 in the ENTIRE battle, which means 3rd out of 30 players. Any heavy tanks or medium tanks you like, should be played with, if tier 9 - 10 is pretty hard for you to deal damage, you can opt in for Defender or IS-3 for tier 8 battles, and I would advise you to load full gold, every shot and every pen counts, you don't want to lose the damage because of that 1 shot you did not penned on your 3rd battle and then forced to restart from 0 again.

Mission Difficulty : 3

Union - 6 Complete the primary condition in 3 battles out of 7.

Be the top player on your team by number of vehicles destroyed, or earn more experience than the ally who destroyed the same number of vehicles.

Restriction: Destroy 2 enemy vehicles.

Comments:

You have to destroy at least 2 vehicles, and make sure non in your team get the same kills/ more exp than you or you failed, so bring out Heavy Tanks, go in and brawl, play dirty which means you let your ally do the job, and then take the last shots from them stealing the kills and complete the mission. For this missions you have to prioritize Alpha over survivability (not asking you to pick a TD) , a smart player knows how to survive with unarmored tanks, the high Alpha makes getting kills much more easier in this scenario.

Union - 7 Complete conditions in 3 battles in a row. (SKIP)

Damage or destroy enemy internal modules or crew members, totaling at least 3 modules or crew members.

Comments:

With the recent changes to HE, I suggest skipping this one with 1 of your honors, 3 in a row is too RNG dependant , and might actually caused you your sanity, so just skip and forget about it.

Mission Difficulty : 5

Union - 8 Complete the primary condition in 7 battles out of 10.

Earn the Fire for Effect award.

Comments:

Artillery doesn't count here, but just bring any brawler you like to play, for players who tries to obtain the 279e by right should have been able to do damage equivalent to their HP 95% of the time, so no excuses if you managed to fail this mission honestly.

Union - 9 Complete conditions in 2 battles in a row.

Destroy 3 enemy vehicles.

Comments:

Union - 3, Union - 6, just play how you would completing those missions, its basically just the same, only that you need to take 3 kills per battle, abit RNG and skill dependent but not too hard to finish.

Union - 10 Complete the primary condition in 10 battles.

Block 15,000 HP of damage.

Comments:

Bring your IS-4 or Bobject 268v4, I don't own the TD, so IS-4 is actually a pretty solid tank to get this mission done, reverse sidescrape or over angle, up to you to position yourself to bait shots, should get around 3-4k blocked in the first mission then continue to finish it, else reset and repeat.

Union - 11 Complete the primary condition in 10 battles.

Score an average of 8 armor penetrating hits.

Restriction: Score an armor-penetrating hit on an enemy vehicle 5 times.

Comments:

Obj 140, you need to play tanks with high DPM/High Reload, and forfeit the Alpha, because you don't want to kill your enemies too fast, I've managed to complete this with 140 quite easily, total 80 hits, so just aim for at least 12 hits for first battle, around 10 hits for the next then continue the progress, if your first two battles doesn't get enough pens just reset the progress.

Mission Difficulty : 2

Union - 12 Complete the primary condition in 10 battles.

Enable your allies to destroy 7 enemy vehicles by spotting them or destroying their tracks.

Comments:

Pretty easy mission, hop in a light tank and hope for a good mission where passive spotting is abundant, try to play as lower tier as possible as the hit points are more easy to take out when getting spotted, higher tier requires harder effort so I wont be suggesting tier 9 - 10s.

Union - 13 Complete the primary condition in 2 battles out of 12 (SKIP)

Earn the Top Gun award.

Comments: 

Again I wish to retain my sanity so I skipped this, that's two honors used.

Union - 14 Complete the primary condition in 10 battles.

Stun an enemy vehicle 80 times.

Comments:

Wargaming wants you to ruin other people games :D so just picked obj 261 and start doing the mission. Which means you have to stun at least 8 times per battle, so try to get above 16 within 2 games, or else reset and repeat.

Union - 15 Complete primary condition in 3 battles out of 20

Receive the Mastery Badge Class 1 or higher.

Comments:

Either Ace Tanker or Mastery 1 it is, there's only 2 tanks the requirements are quite low, LTTB and IS-3, I've failed and reset this mission countless times, you probably want to get the Mastery Badge Class 1 on your first two battle, or else it is really tough to complete. Still, while it is recommended tanks, the last mission on 279 sets just requires any tank you can really play well with though.

Ok so alliance coming up on the next post, cause you know, its always too long.

Edited by Resonance0726, 09 November 2021 - 06:19 AM.

Resonance0726 #2 Posted 09 November 2021 - 06:18 AM

Corporal

• 23671 battles
  • [L1ME] L1ME

Ok so Alliance mission on this post.

Alliance - 1 Complete the primary condition in 5 battles out of 10.

Earn the Fire for Effect award.

Comments:

Same as Union - 8 except its only 5 times, I rarely will recommend playing American tanks though, pick Conqueror for this mission.

Alliance - 2 Complete conditions in 3 battles in a row.

Be among the top 3 players on your team by damage caused.

Comments:

Again its pretty easy mission, use your Conqueror again, might take some time since you need to do it 3 times in a row.

Alliance - 3 Complete the primary condition in 10 battles.

Enable your allies to destroy an average of 2 enemy vehicles per battle by spotting them or destroying their tracks.

Comments:

Use your T92, Average of 2 means 20 in 10 battles. So if you can start your first mission around 3~4 kills then continue, else reset.

Mission Difficulty : 4

Alliance - 4 Complete the primary condition in 10 battles.

Cause 30,000 HP of damage to enemy vehicles.

Comments:

Its 3000 per game if you count, so preferable if you start your first 2 battles around 8000 total damage then continue, else reset and try again, use your Conqueror, or Super Conq if you want more tier 10 battles, try to load full gold and make every shot count.

Alliance - 5 Complete the primary condition in 10 battles.

Stun a total of 40 different enemy vehicles.

Comments:

Well, this is actually pretty easy mission, FV 3805 or M53 with the first gun, I want everything as fast as possible so I even demount my bond Rammer and Vents and placed them in my FV, so 4 vehicles per battle is actually quite simple given that insane reload of either arties.

Alliance - 6 Complete the primary condition in 2 battles out of 7

Earn the Confederate award.

Comments:

Confederate means you damage 6 tanks and your allies finished off the damaged tanks, the medal description is actually wrong, again either of the arties mentioned and you should be able to complete it, just remember do not kill the tanks you damaged else you will not get the medal.

Alliance - 7 Complete the primary condition in 10 battles.

Average damage blocked should be at least 2,000.

Restriction: Block at least 750 HP of damage in a battle.

Comments:

T95, I have considered E3 before but since you will meet JPE100 which will just load HEAT and pen your super structure for 1000 damage, it is just too risky to play E3 to block damage. What you gotta do in T95 is drive into front line and keep wiggling your tank to bounce shots, you need to block 20,000 damage in total, so if the first 2 battles get you around 8000 then continue, if 2 battles with just 4000 there's still chance you would fail, so to reset or not its up to you. Just a side note, the further away you are from your targets, the harder is it for you to be damaged, so if you get open maps do not be afraid to just drive into the open if there is distance between you and your enemy, it might cost you the game, but depends if you want to complete missions or focus on gameplay.

Alliance - 8 Complete the primary condition in 10 battles. (SKIP)

Damage or destroy enemy internal modules or crew members, totaling at least 25 modules or crew members.

Comments:

Nope, skipped this for the sake of my sanity, I've tried this mission a few times after the HE changes, and it is just too atrocious to play, S.Conq with full HESH checked, FV with HESH checked, Chimera with HESH checked, but nope, just cannot do it even when they dropped the requirements by 5.

Mission Difficulty : 10000000000000

Alliance - 9 Complete the primary condition in 10 battles.

Stun enemy vehicles for 1,300 seconds in total. Potential stun duration is counted.

Comments:

Well thats 130 seconds per battle, so if you cannot get 260 within 2 battles just forget about it, FV 3805 with the bond vents and rammer though ;)

Alliance - 10 Complete the primary condition in 4 battles out of 7

Cause 2 times more damage than the hit points of your vehicle.

Comments:

Artillery, nothing else to say about these caused X times more damage than the hit points of your vehicle though.

Alliance - 11 Complete the primary condition in 4 battles out of 10

Enable your allies to cause a total of 1,000 HP of damage to enemy vehicles stunned by you.

Comments:

Well artillery mission again, just try to shoot when your allies are poking forward when brawling, when you reached this far in missions you should be able to tell your allies movement and shot your shell to stun and get the stun damage.

Alliance - 12 Complete the primary condition in 3 battles out of 7

Be the top player in the battle by damage blocked.

Restriction: Block 1,000 HP of damage in a battle.

Comments:

Find it funny that the restrictions are only for blocking missions, wut? By the way Tortoise or T95, again I explained why you should favor these 2 instead of the E3 right? And now its even worse you need to be top in the BATTLE, so you'll be having Maus' or E100's to contest that with you in pure tier 10 battles.

Alliance - 13 Complete conditions in 3 battles in a row.

Be among the top 3 players in the battle by experience earned.

Comments:

That being said, theres 1 hidden thing you need to fulfill, WIN, the losing team will never get enough exp to compete for first 3 spot in the battle. I'll pick Conqueror though, tier 9 is like a comfy zone for us, for hitting tier 10's you get extra exp, and for facing tier 8's the Conqueror is simply just the pure bully tank when top tiered. Don't need me to tell you to load full gold right?

Alliance - 14 Complete the primary condition in 7 battles.

Cause damage to 30 different enemy vehicles.

Comments:

Tortoise or Conqueror, Tortoise has higher DPM and Conqueror has more flexibility, just prioritize tanks you have not shot and get the mission done.

Alliance - 15 Complete primary condition in 3 battles out of 20

Receive the Mastery Badge Class 1 or higher.

Comments:

The only sole and savior, T32, load full gold and go into battle, a very solid hull down tank, got my Ace in first battle and completed with honors within 14 games, just need to shoot gold to be very competitive, and once you got the honor you can spend it on Union Mission. 

Once 2 lines are done, you are left with 6 honors, just used it to skipped Bloc and Coalition sets and you will obtain the mighty 279(e) beast, congrats for reaching this far. 

don_WarDaddy_AVI #3 Posted 09 November 2021 - 12:42 PM

No Party, Without Arty!

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 15064 battles
  • [1NDIA] 1NDIA
Wow! You really put a lot of effort into these posts. Thank you for your contribution.
:)

SanyaVladimirovnaLitvyak #4 Posted 09 November 2021 - 04:25 PM

Captain

• 59478 battles
  • [FORT] FORT

Good read, thanks for sharing.

I know 2 lines for the last set of missions makes more sense for a lot of us for multitudes of reasons that I'll just summarize as "sanity", but can you share why you picked these 2 lines specifically?

Was there some deliberation about which sets may be easier/harder overall, or were they out of necessity due to your line-up of tanks/crew?

Resonance0726 #5 Posted 09 November 2021 - 07:31 PM

Corporal

• 23671 battles
  • [L1ME] L1ME

View PostSanyaVladimirovnaLitvyak, on 09 November 2021 - 04:25 PM, said:

Good read, thanks for sharing.

I know 2 lines for the last set of missions makes more sense for a lot of us for multitudes of reasons that I'll just summarize as "sanity", but can you share why you picked these 2 lines specifically?

Was there some deliberation about which sets may be easier/harder overall, or were they out of necessity due to your line-up of tanks/crew?

Actually, arguably the Alliance set is the most easiest to complete, with the Conqueror line being very good power house tanks, lots of mission can be completed in Conq alot while Coalition seems to be the hardest, for example Coalition - 1 you need to get 4 kills+ within 3 out of 10 battles, Coalition - 4 definitely needs to be skipped, Coalition - 2 will eat some time, and for the 15th as I've not really studied, but the Coalition have some pretty good tier 8-10 tanks which means its harder to get class 1 badges, you will definitely need EBR 105 for this set, and BC 12t + AMX 65 t to complete the 15th mission, if you dont have Borrasque it takes even longer to complete these missions, since alot of them requires you to get X amount of kills.

While for Bloc sets, Bloc - 1 requires you to deal 3,500 damage 3 times in a row, and with the current meta and MM , it kinda discourages players, Bloc - 2 needs VK 1001.P and you need also Maus for this set,  E-75 is needed to complete most of the missions because its just a really good tank, and for lights you would really have not much options but to go for the premium bulldog for some missions. Bloc - 10 definitely needs to be skipped on a side note. And then you need to again choose tanks to play for the 15th mission, I have no idea what tanks are good for Bloc sets though.

So if you ask me, Alliance set is a must to complete, then choose between Union or Bloc, I chose Union because i have a wider diversity of Union tanks in my arsenal.

Resonance0726 #6 Posted 09 November 2021 - 07:32 PM

Corporal

• 23671 battles
  • [L1ME] L1ME

View Postdon_WarDaddy_AVI, on 09 November 2021 - 12:42 PM, said:

Wow! You really put a lot of effort into these posts. Thank you for your contribution.
:)

You're welcome :)

Also tagged with Guide, 279

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users