Jump to content


Advent Calendar 2022 Sale List

Advent Calendar Sale List Gold Cash December 2022

  • Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

AlexTheKid72 #41 Posted 21 December 2021 - 12:14 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Member
  • 38082 battles
  • 463
  • [SABRE] SABRE
  • Member since:
    05-28-2017
Always wanted a Lorraine. Even if it's no longer meta :)
signature.png

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #42 Posted 21 December 2021 - 12:31 PM

    Blue Mountain Aoyama

  • Beta-Tester
  • 91024 battles
  • 8,078
  • [BIGD] BIGD
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

It's sold so many times it's no longer exciting.

 

Funny what is WG's criteria for too-OP-to-be-sold. 703 and Bourrasque have higher winrare than EBR.



FramFramson #43 Posted 21 December 2021 - 07:06 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 62682 battles
  • 4,136
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
  • Member since:
    02-22-2015

View PostAlexTheKid72, on 20 December 2021 - 11:14 PM, said:

Always wanted a Lorraine. Even if it's no longer meta :)

 

Not meta but still very good.



3HitKO #44 Posted 22 December 2021 - 12:40 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 20186 battles
  • 93
  • [DADDY] DADDY
  • Member since:
    12-23-2012

Played a few games with 703 version 2 after calendar purchase by gold:

703v2 is a total opposite of IS-3A in term of Equipment 2.0:

 

Area to compensate: (bounty version or normal)

703v2 - GLD, Improved Aiming, Turbo (short-mid, occasionally long range engagement)
IS-3A - VSTAB, IRM, Turbo (to offset its very very bad softstats on gun, limited to a melee or surprising damage burst)

From their heavy tank role nature, both sharing the similar aspect:
- Most of the time they can fire 2 shells to outdo the enemy (IS-3A last shell reloading takes a long time)

- The only difference after equipment 2.0 is:

IS-3A's gun and mobility is significantly improved for clipping potential, still limited to melee to short range burst

703v2's gun can be used to snipe if situation demands with 0.37 dispersion, with insane "better than medium" softstats


Edited by 3HitKO, 22 December 2021 - 12:49 PM.


Alt__F4 #45 Posted 22 December 2021 - 12:54 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Member
  • 27687 battles
  • 252
  • [ANZCS] ANZCS
  • Member since:
    04-01-2013

Ok so the U252 just popped leaving 2 gold buying days and 1 cash only day left. I am awaiting one of the following tanks:

 

EBR 75, LT-432, Progetto 46 or Bourasque

 

What do you think the chances of getting one of those to pop in the next 2 days are? The only one there I can see they would make pay only could be the EBR 75 unless they put the tier 9 premium as pay only but meh.... who really wants that tank anyway? I can't see people jumping out of their skins to pay for it do you?



3HitKO #46 Posted 22 December 2021 - 12:54 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 20186 battles
  • 93
  • [DADDY] DADDY
  • Member since:
    12-23-2012

Day 22: Obj 252u

I got both, 252u and Defender on a good discount. Yes I got both version.

 

This Defenders are a pure fun to make enemies to fire gold at me to compromise their credit earnings, while I just raking pure silvers each shot I made~

 

Especially against Pref MM tanks. Looking at my Jtiger 8.8 and crying in garage...



3HitKO #47 Posted 22 December 2021 - 12:57 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 20186 battles
  • 93
  • [DADDY] DADDY
  • Member since:
    12-23-2012

View PostAlt__F4, on 22 December 2021 - 12:54 PM, said:

Ok so the U252 just popped leaving 2 gold buying days and 1 cash only day left. I am awaiting one of the following tanks:

 

EBR 75, LT-432, Progetto 46 or Bourasque

 

What do you think the chances of getting one of those to pop in the next 2 days are? The only one there I can see they would make pay only could be the EBR 75 unless they put the tier 9 premium as pay only but meh.... who really wants that tank anyway? I can't see people jumping out of their skins to pay for it do you?

 

EBR75 mostly will sell in cash
LT432 very likely to appear
Progetto46 still very flexible with its autoreloaders, but powercreeped in alpha damage, and bigger tank profile means easy farrmed by other snipers

Bourrasque is a pure fun hit-run machine~
STRV-K... is only good to me when with SABATON gold-peeing 3D style. If plain tank, I rather go for unlocking my Centurion 7/1 with Mirny-13 style.



Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #48 Posted 22 December 2021 - 02:25 PM

    Blue Mountain Aoyama

  • Beta-Tester
  • 91024 battles
  • 8,078
  • [BIGD] BIGD
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

View Post3HitKO, on 22 December 2021 - 12:40 PM, said:

Played a few games with 703 version 2 after calendar purchase by gold:

703v2 is a total opposite of IS-3A in term of Equipment 2.0:

 

Area to compensate: (bounty version or normal)

703v2 - GLD, Improved Aiming, Turbo (short-mid, occasionally long range engagement)
IS-3A - VSTAB, IRM, Turbo (to offset its very very bad softstats on gun, limited to a melee or surprising damage burst)

From their heavy tank role nature, both sharing the similar aspect:
- Most of the time they can fire 2 shells to outdo the enemy (IS-3A last shell reloading takes a long time)

- The only difference after equipment 2.0 is:

IS-3A's gun and mobility is significantly improved for clipping potential, still limited to melee to short range burst

703v2's gun can be used to snipe if situation demands with 0.37 dispersion, with insane "better than medium" softstats

 

The difference is the 5 second reload on the 703 makes spamming shots less appealing, and in a long firefight you only save around 5 seconds of reload but end up like a normal cyclic gun thereafter, while IS-3A goes "____ you twice as hard man" and also "good, play defensive and camp, every second that passes only makes me stronger".



3HitKO #49 Posted 22 December 2021 - 03:35 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 20186 battles
  • 93
  • [DADDY] DADDY
  • Member since:
    12-23-2012

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 22 December 2021 - 02:25 PM, said:

 

The difference is the 5 second reload on the 703 makes spamming shots less appealing, and in a long firefight you only save around 5 seconds of reload but end up like a normal cyclic gun thereafter, while IS-3A goes "____ you twice as hard man" and also "good, play defensive and camp, every second that passes only makes me stronger".

 

Thanks for pointing that out, usually I fire single shot-reload fully before next shot, which is called as cyclic-fring officially.

I tend to avoid sequential shot which is fire-wait 5 second-fire 2nd shot immediately, this will usually the option if I have some backup + chance to deal extra shot safely. (bad DPM if used recklessly)
Thus 70% of the time I will do cyclic-firing, to expose myself as little as possible, then go for the kill by Double-Shot/Sequential firing. (585-780 HP worth)

For IS-3A it can hold very well at defensive instead of being offensive due to its bad engine power and poor snapshot capability, not to mention its much weaker side-scraping pike nose if compared to 703v2

The only cringe part is to wait the 3rd shell to load painfully, and go for the kill (877-1170 HP worth), with a very sluggish hull. Exposing IS-3A longer than 3-5 secs is very risky due to its huge alpha nature attract a lot of attention.



The_Big_M #50 Posted 22 December 2021 - 05:30 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta-Tester
  • 91926 battles
  • 389
  • [DADDY] DADDY
  • Member since:
    09-28-2012

View PostAlt__F4, on 22 December 2021 - 02:54 PM, said:

Ok so the U252 just popped leaving 2 gold buying days and 1 cash only day left. I am awaiting one of the following tanks:

 

EBR 75, LT-432, Progetto 46 or Bourasque

 

What do you think the chances of getting one of those to pop in the next 2 days are? The only one there I can see they would make pay only could be the EBR 75 unless they put the tier 9 premium as pay only but meh.... who really wants that tank anyway? I can't see people jumping out of their skins to pay for it do you?

 

LT432 and Bourrasque are possibilities for tomorrow. None of those for the final day.



The_Big_M #51 Posted 22 December 2021 - 05:43 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta-Tester
  • 91926 battles
  • 389
  • [DADDY] DADDY
  • Member since:
    09-28-2012

"Progetto46: powercrept, easily farmed" 

 

lol

 

If you want it, and get the opportunity to get it (which I don't believe will be in this calendar), don't let the above put you off. I don't think you'll share the experience of the above assessment.



3HitKO #52 Posted 22 December 2021 - 05:47 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 20186 battles
  • 93
  • [DADDY] DADDY
  • Member since:
    12-23-2012

View PostThe_Big_M, on 22 December 2021 - 05:43 PM, said:

"Progetto46: powercrept, easily farmed" 

 

lol

 

If you want it, and get the opportunity to get it (which I don't believe will be in this calendar), don't let the above put you off. I don't think you'll share the experience of the above assessment.

 

Nah nah nah this fella is putting his own stink words in my mouth again lulz.

my statement: but powercreeped in alpha damage
his brain fart: 
powercrept, easily farmed

Its time to resume your appointment and take the medicine on time.



The_Big_M #53 Posted 22 December 2021 - 05:59 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta-Tester
  • 91926 battles
  • 389
  • [DADDY] DADDY
  • Member since:
    09-28-2012

View Post3HitKO, on 22 December 2021 - 07:47 PM, said:

my statement: but powercreeped in alpha damage

his brain fart: powercrept, easily farmed
 

 

Nobody bought or buys the progetto for its single shot alpha damage. So one can only rationally interpret your odd "powercrept in alpha damage" as the total damage it can do in the equivalent time of a single shot on another tank.

 

If you literally only meant the damage from a single shot, it still hasn't been powercrept, but your analysis is so way off track its misleading. The point of the rapid reload is that you will often fire multiple shots at an enemy in the same time they will fire a single one. And that's the way the mechanic is used. It introduced another style than just pure alpha, which had been the way the game was going to that point. Sorry you didn't understand that.

 

And yes you also wrote "easy farrmed by other snipers". So that quote was correct, even though you imply it isn't here. And if you're getting easily farmed by anyone in a progetto... that's on you, given the progetto's good mobility.

 



3HitKO #54 Posted 22 December 2021 - 06:07 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 20186 battles
  • 93
  • [DADDY] DADDY
  • Member since:
    12-23-2012

View PostThe_Big_M, on 22 December 2021 - 05:59 PM, said:

 

Nobody bought or buys the progetto for its single shot alpha damage. So one can only rationally interpret your odd "powercrept in alpha damage" as the total damage it can do in the equivalent time of a single shot on another tank.

 

If you literally only meant the damage from a single shot, it still hasn't been powercrept, but your analysis is so way off track its misleading. The point of the rapid reload is that you will often fire multiple shots at an enemy in the same time they will fire a single one. And that's the way the mechanic is used. It introduced another style than just pure alpha, which had been the way the game was going to that point. Sorry you didn't understand that.

 

And yes you also wrote "easy farrmed by other snipers". So that quote was correct, even though you imply it isn't here. And if you're getting easily farmed by anyone in a progetto... that's on you, given the progetto's good mobility.

 

 

It is fact that progetto single shot 240 damage alpha is powercrept by newer medium such as Bourrasque.
It is also fact that, most progetto players will try to fire a 2nd shot for better damage, and tend to expose themselves longer & stationary for enemy snipers. Its bigger profile than kunze/bourrasque, is an easier target.
It is also fact that, most of the progetto players will tend to stop at 2nd shot to avoid the worst reload time of the 3rd shot.

If you are the type that only fire 1 shot 240 damage and feel satisfied like a Indien Pz., and not taking the risk of unload a 2nd shot into target, thats just you. I will gladly take the 2nd-shot risk in this random game mode anyway.

 

If you disagree my points, dont reply then, instead of twisting my statement with your brain-fart.



The_Big_M #55 Posted 22 December 2021 - 06:54 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta-Tester
  • 91926 battles
  • 389
  • [DADDY] DADDY
  • Member since:
    09-28-2012

View Post3HitKO, on 22 December 2021 - 08:07 PM, said:

 

It is fact that progetto single shot 240 damage alpha is powercrept by newer medium such as Bourrasque.
It is also fact that, most progetto players will try to fire a 2nd shot for better damage, and tend to expose themselves longer & stationary for enemy snipers. Its bigger profile than kunze/bourrasque, is an easier target.
It is also fact that, most of the progetto players will tend to stop at 2nd shot to avoid the worst reload time of the 3rd shot.

If you are the type that only fire 1 shot 240 damage and feel satisfied like a Indien Pz., and not taking the risk of unload a 2nd shot into target, thats just you. I will gladly take the 2nd-shot risk in this random game mode anyway.

 

If you disagree my points, dont reply then, instead of twisting my statement with your brain-fart.

 

You've shown 1 is not a fact, since a single tank having better alpha does not make something "powercrept".

The second point is something you have no evidence to support. So cannot be claimed as fact. Just your supposition.

The third point has the same factual basis as the previous i.e. none.

 

Your next claim is actually supporting what I initially wrote, that you shouldn't be comparing it against solely alpha. I pointed out its multishot should be considered. So thank you for actually realising how progetto works and agreering with me.

 

And in your last statement again you show your ignorance of how a forum works, especially when you are giving advice to others, which is how this discussion on progetto started.



FramFramson #56 Posted 22 December 2021 - 07:08 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 62682 battles
  • 4,136
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
  • Member since:
    02-22-2015
I like the way he basically says taking a second shot is bad and taking a second shot is good all in the same post.


CardinalMite #57 Posted 22 December 2021 - 07:08 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 35163 battles
  • 1,677
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    04-18-2014

View Post3HitKO, on 22 December 2021 - 10:07 AM, said:

If you disagree my points, dont reply then, instead of twisting my statement with your brain-fart.

You seem very insecure about people questioning your statements. It makes your arguments seem weaker when you respond like this.

 

Just a suggestion for what it is worth, but responding with logic will be more likely to convince people that what you say has merit.


“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

 

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

 

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience. But then if I limited myself to only arguing with non-idiots on these forums I'd literally never post"


3HitKO #58 Posted 22 December 2021 - 07:46 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 20186 battles
  • 93
  • [DADDY] DADDY
  • Member since:
    12-23-2012

View PostFramFramson, on 22 December 2021 - 07:08 PM, said:

I like the way he basically says taking a second shot is bad and taking a second shot is good all in the same post.

 

Yeah there is nothing absolute right or wrong, only the situation allows or not. Taking second shot means more damage dealt, while taking risk exposing the paper armor longer if spotted after the 1st shot, in the end its the wrestling of believing own intuition VS experience.

Most ppl like that brain-fart only able to perceive 1 dimensionally and only capable of picking faults.

 

View PostCardinalMite, on 22 December 2021 - 07:08 PM, said:

You seem very insecure about people questioning your statements. It makes your arguments seem weaker when you respond like this.

 

Just a suggestion for what it is worth, but responding with logic will be more likely to convince people that what you say has merit.

 

Logic alone will not explain everything, and why should I feel obliged to respond in kind, for his 1-dimensional brain fart with the "logic" is the only measurement he chose to believe?

Human itself as a species is pretty much full of conflicts, convincing people with logic alone will earn that merit? Does it make the person more superior by sticking to logic alone?

Moreover we are talking about a game with 15 players vs 15 players here, as if 5v5 like Dota2 is not complicated enough already.

I only responding to his cheap brain-fart because PURELY, I don't really like that fella putting his word into my mouth which I never said it before, with his own twisted sense of sarcastic supported by "logic" superficially.

He is not even sincere to have a proper conversation constructively.



The_Big_M #59 Posted 22 December 2021 - 09:55 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta-Tester
  • 91926 battles
  • 389
  • [DADDY] DADDY
  • Member since:
    09-28-2012

Funny, you're the one making absolute statements - when giving advice to others whether tanks are worth getting. Yet now you try to back track and say you have no logic to support those opinions. Fine, then don't know why you get so het up that people don't take your opinion as gospel. (That's right, when there's a difference between whether you think something is good or not, you explain it away by "Sigma" and other names for claimed hidden stats to pretend there is logic to it.)

 

And I haven't put any words into your mouth, only referred to your specific statements. So you're hoist by your own petard on that claim.



3HitKO #60 Posted 22 December 2021 - 10:41 PM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 20186 battles
  • 93
  • [DADDY] DADDY
  • Member since:
    12-23-2012

View PostThe_Big_M, on 22 December 2021 - 05:43 PM, said:

"Progetto46: powercrept, easily farmed" 

 

lol

 

If you want it, and get the opportunity to get it (which I don't believe will be in this calendar), don't let the above put you off. I don't think you'll share the experience of the above assessment.

 

Did other ppl simply only take part of my statement, twisted with your own brain-fart logic, and "lol"? not them, only YOU.

 

Did I ask you to do with such a cheap sarcastic tone for attention seeking? It is only you right?

Other ppl are not wrong asking for evidence to convince them, at least they are not that rude when I chose not to answer, only YOU are the one being offensive. Where is your basic manner?
 

Did I even beg to convince you? Did I "lol" you wihout any basis everytime you posted? Are you even sincere of being friendly instead of being toxic? you are a 80k++ games player, dude, grow up.

 

And finally yes now you got my attention, thus you can have a good sleep tonight. kthxbye.







Also tagged with Advent, Calendar, Sale, List, Gold, Cash, December, 2022

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users