If WG made it such that suicides will give (XP one guy would have received for killing you) to every...

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #1 Posted 11 January 2022 - 07:40 AM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 90319 battles
  • [BIGD] BIGD

Nobody would think it is unsportsmenship product. I'm a pacifist, so peace is good.

And before you say it deprives someone doing mission for a kill, we also see killstealers do that, so should we ban killstealers too?

CardinalMite #2 Posted 11 January 2022 - 08:52 AM

Captain

• 35163 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
How would that dis-incentivise people from suiciding? In fact would it actually incentivise people to suicide thinking they are actually doing a good thing?

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience. But then if I limited myself to only arguing with non-idiots on these forums I'd literally never post"

3HitKO #3 Posted 11 January 2022 - 09:43 AM

Corporal

• 19968 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

Determining a player whether suiciding requires a very complex algorithm to avoid false positive if the check is conducted by bot.

Cost of suiciding must be much greater than the "kick" of suiciding in order to discourage such behaviour.

Napalmer #4 Posted 11 January 2022 - 10:47 AM

Objectionable Individual

• Community Contributor
  • 55759 battles
  • [OKAMI] OKAMI

A pacifist... in a game about tanks... sure.

3-Marked Tanks: Chaffee, Pz. T25, KV-220-2, KV-1, T-34S, Chi-Nu-Kai, Hellcat, T37, T78, WZ-131G FT, AMX 12T, Cromwell, Skoda T25, SU-100, King Tiger ©, T71 DA, IS-3, Super Pershing, T-54, E 50, T-10, T57 Heavy, Object 140, IS-7, E100, Maus, Centurion Action X, Badger, Super Conqueror, AMX 50B, STB-1, Strv 103B

Twitch.tv/TheNapalmer

Interested in ANZ Frontlines? Join the discord HERE and join the nightly games!

SanyaVladimirovnaLitvyak #5 Posted 11 January 2022 - 12:02 PM

Captain

• 58620 battles
  • [FORT] FORT

Interesting idea. If they did give me that XP in game, it would make me slightly less unhappy.

But I think this is a horrible idea, because people rigging games late in the evenings from a certain clan/country would kill themselves in droves so that their friends on the enemy team can get more XP and credits.

We would see a full 3 man plat, or even 2 of them, suicide for their friends early on in the game and it would make the game so lopsided.

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 11 January 2022 - 08:40 AM, said:

And before you say it deprives someone doing mission for a kill, we also see killstealers do that, so should we ban killstealers too?

Also, these are 2 separate things.

Kill "stealing" is basically accelerating killing off the enemy, which is the point of the game. (It's not like a kill has someone's name written on it though)

Suiciding is killing off yourself and giving a disadvantage to your team, which is the total opposite of the point of the game.

AlexTheKid72 #6 Posted 11 January 2022 - 12:29 PM

Staff sergeant

• 37449 battles
  • [SABRE] SABRE
I have worked very hard to get a 33% winrate in my EBR105.

I would be extremely upset if I got banned for a failed backflip on overlord .......
signature.png

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #7 Posted 11 January 2022 - 12:34 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 90319 battles
  • [BIGD] BIGD

View PostSanyaVladimirovnaLitvyak, on 11 January 2022 - 12:02 PM, said:

Interesting idea. If they did give me that XP in game, it would make me slightly less unhappy.

But I think this is a horrible idea, because people rigging games late in the evenings from a certain clan/country would kill themselves in droves so that their friends on the enemy team can get more XP and credits.

We would see a full 3 man plat, or even 2 of them, suicide for their friends early on in the game and it would make the game so lopsided.

Also, these are 2 separate things.

Kill "stealing" is basically accelerating killing off the enemy, which is the point of the game. (It's not like a kill has someone's name written on it though)

Suiciding is killing off yourself and giving a disadvantage to your team, which is the total opposite of the point of the game.

What if 9 people on your team suicide every battle during RB tho.

Knot3D #8 Posted 11 January 2022 - 12:51 PM

Corporal

• 10350 battles

I used to play on WOT Xbox One EU & USA. 

Suicide would indeed result to 'free' XP for the enemy team - and no it didn't have detrimental side effect to the game.

Also, WOT Xbox doesn't have those frustrating DRAW battles; when timer expires, the team with most damage dealt wins.

Edited by Knot3D, 11 January 2022 - 12:51 PM.

SanyaVladimirovnaLitvyak #9 Posted 11 January 2022 - 01:24 PM

Captain

• 58620 battles
  • [FORT] FORT

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 11 January 2022 - 01:34 PM, said:

What if 9 people on your team suicide every battle during RB tho.

At least it's not intentional, there's no malice.

It's kinda worse that way in the sense you cant just tell em to "play good", but you know what I mean.

Not gonna touch ranked for the first few days, seems too toxic for me imo

View PostKnot3D, on 11 January 2022 - 01:51 PM, said:

I used to play on WOT Xbox One EU & USA. 

Suicide would indeed result to 'free' XP for the enemy team - and no it didn't have detrimental side effect to the game.

Also, WOT Xbox doesn't have those frustrating DRAW battles; when timer expires, the team with most damage dealt wins.

Things are a bit different on PC since the accounts aren't tied to a specific machine as closely as they are on consoles, and people provide "services" that would make things different.

I'd be more specific but I think it would get removed by mods.

Knot3D #10 Posted 11 January 2022 - 03:18 PM

Corporal

• 10350 battles

View PostSanyaVladimirovnaLitvyak, on 11 January 2022 - 01:24 PM, said:

Things are a bit different on PC since the accounts aren't tied to a specific machine as closely as they are on consoles, and people provide "services" that would make things different.

I'd be more specific but I think it would get removed by mods.

That is true - but from the perspective of the individual Xbox player it was a pretty elegant solution, it made the Premium days purchased, feel that bit more worthwhile.

But yeah..since I literally moved from EU to South East Asia, I can't go back to WOT Xbox anymore - and besides, since I left Q4 2018, they messed up the WOT Xbox UI

Edited by Knot3D, 11 January 2022 - 03:18 PM.

mttspiii #11 Posted 11 January 2022 - 03:55 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 35980 battles
  • [N-W-O] N-W-O

View PostCardinalMite, on 11 January 2022 - 08:52 AM, said:

How would that dis-incentivise people from suiciding? In fact would it actually incentivise people to suicide thinking they are actually doing a good thing?

Gotta admit, this game mechanic has some potential.

Imagine how much faster it would be to rig marathons if all you have to do is drive close to the enemy team and watch them drive to the nearest body of water, without even needing to take the time shooting at them.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

Ezz #12 Posted 12 January 2022 - 07:29 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 78150 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Tie it in with giving them no xp and credits and you could be onto something.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, Balance TM and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

CardinalMite #13 Posted 12 January 2022 - 09:15 AM

Captain

• 35163 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Better still negative XP equivalent to the value given to anyone else combined.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience. But then if I limited myself to only arguing with non-idiots on these forums I'd literally never post"

TrinityShock #14 Posted 15 January 2022 - 10:09 AM

Staff sergeant

• 36218 battles
  • [M-M] M-M

Is it suicide though? That has always been the problem. If you try to jump off the cliff onto another tank and miss but die then that is still suicide.

I for one think that it is part of the fun of the game that you can try to kill enemy in ways that doesn't involve shooting them but could end in your tank dying as well such as pushing them off cliffs or into water but failing.

Also when everyone tries to kill that last enemy tank on the side of a cliff above water can be very funny, why remove even more fun from the game by penalizing such acts with suicide penalties?

We wanted better MM, they gave us Wheelies 

Caution: Game is designed to make you paranoid about MM

kuen1979 #15 Posted 16 January 2022 - 12:10 AM

Corporal

• 42587 battles
  • [HKIAD] HKIAD
Sorry, WG dont careful money, not your feeling, who care suicide ... they just run to emery directly with no thinking.
you played a wrong game, which one you think them , that will care your feeling.

AlexTheKid72 #16 Posted 16 January 2022 - 02:59 AM

Staff sergeant

• 37449 battles
  • [SABRE] SABRE
Crossing south east-to-west along the shoreline, drowning is always a possibility on Mannerheim Line. I would dislike very much to be punished (moreso than EBR jump deaths) for attempting the cross - but it's always a possibility that you'll drown trying to reach game-winning K4.
The other option to cross atop the banks, and that is 100% suicide by enemy firing squad, with 0% risk of drowning ........ every time.
signature.png

Splattimus #17 Posted 27 January 2022 - 01:25 PM

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

• Beta-Tester
  • 27313 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA

Lets face it, when we accidentally murder our own tank the shame of doing it is often the best punishment. If random punishment was required, getting a full repair bill and 0 credits and 0 xp would just ice that cake.

As a preventative, getting a full repair bill and 0 credits, 0 xp should be enough (excessive?), but some people are just... Not nice. But then again, most of the "problem" suicides are at the end of a battle. Maybe setting up an algorithm which picks up suicides at the end of losing battles and gives repeat offenders a holiday could fix it.

As for everyone who has to witness it. Giving the Last Enemy player to hit, or closest enemy player the credit for the kill might be an answer. After all, its their presence which seems to have driven the coward to end his virtual life. Giving everyone credit would just be too generous, and would be up for exploitation.

WARNING!!! THE ABOVE POST WILL CONTAIN SARCASM. My day job does not allow sarcasm, so its use may be obscure and liberal.

Sarge: What a way to go. Killed by my own mechanical creations. I'm sure there's a philosophical lesson to be learned from all this.
Simmons: Something about the dangers of technology and the unwavering pride of mankind?
Sarge: No, something about hiring better help that doesn't just stand around watching you die!

I don't believe we should kill all the stupid people. Just remove some of the warning signs and let nature take its course...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users