Game Repeatedly Crashing

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Dodgy_Bob #1 Posted 13 January 2022 - 07:28 AM

Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 24808 battles
  • [PANZM] PANZM

After numerous attempts at troubleshooting as to why my game client keeps crashing, re-installs of my nvidia gfx drivers, numerous 'check & repair' runs from the gaming centre the game still keeps crashing. I also play WoWs from the same interface with nil issues.
I also run all '.exe' files such as the wgc_api.exe, WorldOfTanks.exe in administrator mode on Windows 10 Pro (64bit) with the latest version updated to 21H2.

Hardware is:

Mobo: MSI Creator TRX40 

CPU: 3970X Threadripper

GPU: EVGA RTX 3080Ti
SSD: 2Tb Samsung 980 Pro

All drivers are up to date with all hardware on my system.
Does Wargaming have any solutions or assistance? My PC is a new build and up to the job and up to date.

Any help is appreciated.

PANZA SCRUB  //
Fear has its use, but cowardice has none..........

wasaabi #2 Posted 13 January 2022 - 07:41 AM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 23607 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY

View PostDodgy_Bob, on 13 January 2022 - 09:28 AM, said:

Does Wargaming have any solutions or assistance? My PC is a new build and up to the job and up to date.

Yes, by raising a ticket with Customer Support

WoT ANZ Community Contributor http://www.youtube.com/c/BadTanking

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #3 Posted 13 January 2022 - 09:20 AM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 88619 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY
I managed to get an out-of-memory event recently despite having 32GB of RAM. Turns out this game and windows really likes swap file / virtual memory, which I disabled on my new build.

Dodgy_Bob #4 Posted 14 January 2022 - 03:50 AM

Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 24808 battles
  • [PANZM] PANZM

View Postwasaabi, on 13 January 2022 - 09:41 AM, said:

Yes, by raising a ticket with Customer Support

Cheers mate, that's obviously my next step, just wanted to canvas the community to see if there was a workaround already in place.

PANZA SCRUB  //

Dodgy_Bob #5 Posted 14 January 2022 - 03:53 AM

Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 24808 battles
  • [PANZM] PANZM

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 13 January 2022 - 11:20 AM, said:

I managed to get an out-of-memory event recently despite having 32GB of RAM. Turns out this game and windows really likes swap file / virtual memory, which I disabled on my new build.

Thanks for that info. I'll check my settings. Currently running 64Gb of G.Skill cl16 quad channel memory at 3600MHz. This kit should be up to the task. Thanks again.

PANZA SCRUB  //

CardinalMite #6 Posted 15 January 2022 - 09:55 AM

Captain

• 35026 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostDodgy_Bob, on 13 January 2022 - 07:53 PM, said:

Thanks for that info. I'll check my settings. Currently running 64Gb of G.Skill cl16 quad channel memory at 3600MHz. This kit should be up to the task. Thanks again.

Are you running the memory with XMP enabled or default or custom memory timings? XMP or default should be fine but custom memory timings can have sometimes subtle issues if just slightly too aggressive. 

Beyond that is anything else overclocked at all and have you done any temperature measurement?

What sort of cooling do you have on that Threadripper CPU? They have a fairly up there TDP.

What kind of wattage power supply do you have and is it a decent make? One of the biggest mistakes I see with people getting high end components is saving money on the power supply. It is exactly the sort of thing that can cause issues like those you reported, even down to the fact that WoWS works without issue vs WoT or other games as power draw can vary wildly even with no-overclocked devices, especially CPU and GPU. For the sort of rig you have anything less than 850W from a good quality power supply would be iffy. 3080Ti measures about 350W on its own peak load. Threadripper 3970x is about 280W peak on its own. So even assuming nothing else at all draws any power you are at 630W just from 2 components without overclocking at peak. Also the power connectors on the 3080Ti, do you power those from a splitter power cable from the PSU (2 connectors from the same cable)or do you use 2 separate power cables from the PSU to the GPU? The latter is very important as running them both from the same power rail can be too much for the PSU to cope with even if it is rated overall as apparently adequate.

When you say crashing, is it like immediate, after a few minutes of play or after some time?

Edited by CardinalMite, 15 January 2022 - 10:14 AM.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience. But then if I limited myself to only arguing with non-idiots on these forums I'd literally never post"

azls73 #7 Posted 15 January 2022 - 12:00 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 42690 battles
  • [WMPAK] WMPAK

Easy tips with no headache !!

Go to your nearby WoT mate house then

Copy WoT from their PC's then paste overwrite to your PC's !!

The catch is bloody bring portable drives big enough to accomodate 50gb !!

Cheers !!!

P/S I have 3 old school desktop at home 1 for me 1 my daughter 1 my wife all have WoT !!

Excessive use of all caps. Case converted, user already warned.

~Wasaabi

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users