Black Market

Black Market

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Poll: Who wants Black Market event? (20 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 10 battle in order to participate this poll.

Do you want the Black Market event in 2022?

1. Yes (14 votes [70.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 70.00%

2. No (6 votes [30.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

Vote Hide poll

bowie031962 #1 Posted 17 February 2022 - 03:01 PM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 28892 battles
  • [PANZA] PANZA
I have just heard that the Black Market Event will not be happening this year.   Please take the poll, only through player voices can we even hope to have it reinstated.

Cheers,
Wayne
PANZAC Assault Commander

Don't kill all the stupid people, leave some for the other guys!

May RNG and MM be forever in your favour! (like that will happen).

LeSigh #2 Posted 17 February 2022 - 03:31 PM

It's Incredibly Disappointing

• 64202 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Block Quote

only through player voices can we even hope to have it reinstated.

Comedy gold.

This account proudly sponsored by WG

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #3 Posted 17 February 2022 - 03:52 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 92287 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY
Janurary: White Market
February: Grey Market (parallel imports)
March: Black Market confirmed

Vader108 #4 Posted 20 February 2022 - 12:33 PM

Sergeant

• 79967 battles
  • [SOLID] SOLID

View Postbowie031962, on 17 February 2022 - 05:01 PM, said:

only through player voices can we even hope to have it reinstated.

You realise this is Wargamming that we are talking about? 

stewiejp #5 Posted 21 February 2022 - 06:58 AM

#GetOnBoard

• Community Contributor
  • 55209 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
It would be great if the BM came! Other than past tanks that they have had on there already - what "WOW" tanks would one hope for? 

#GetOnBoard Studios  - GETONBOARDSTEWIEJP <--- Invite Code - www.youtube.com/c/stewiejp   www.twitch.tv/stewiejp

LeSigh #6 Posted 21 February 2022 - 08:36 AM

It's Incredibly Disappointing

• 64202 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
T95E6 :-)
This account proudly sponsored by WG

TrinityShock #7 Posted 21 February 2022 - 09:40 AM

Staff sergeant

• 36354 battles
  • [M-M] M-M
Black Market would have to be better than the rubbish Trading Caravan we just had.

We wanted better MM, they gave us Wheelies 

Caution: Game is designed to make you paranoid about MM

topshelf #8 Posted 21 February 2022 - 10:35 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta-Tester
  • 24038 battles
  • [AAD] AAD

View PostTrinityShock, on 21 February 2022 - 11:40 AM, said:

Black Market would have to be better than the rubbish Trading Caravan we just had.

Agree. Should've learnt years ago never to trust WG mechanics if you need to pay to reroll to maybe get something you want.

I think truvoodoo's vid sums it up very well:

The_Big_M #9 Posted 21 February 2022 - 10:51 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 94483 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

I think they probably could have made it a lot better by only letting each item be displayed once. There were still a lot of items so you'd have the same randomness and potentially still spend a lot of money. But you'd have the protection of knowing that there was a cap on stuff that you would see, even if RNG meant you had to roll to the very last item to get one you wanted. But it would mean people wouldn't feel their free rolls were wasted like the above. And you could decide if something was worth it to you, so that puts it back in your control; RNG doesn't know what you are looking for. Keep the 6 saved slots, if people wanted more than that knowing they wouldn't see it again, they'd have to purchase that or something from their saved list at the time; not a big deal as it goes. They could even put some re-select mechanic at a cost to go back and get something you'd previously skipped.

Yes, it would mean that there's no longer mystery as sites/players could roll everything to get the complete list. But that isn't really a big deal, lootboxes already publish their lists, and key items were worked out anyway. So really I don't think it would have weakened the event value to WG much, while actually improving player satisfaction substantially. Not only the upside of the above, but you'd also remove the complaints about people spending for rolls on things that weren't there. If they got to the end of the list, it's gone and they're not wasting money chasing it further.

SanyaVladimirovnaLitvyak #10 Posted 21 February 2022 - 11:42 AM

Captain

• 59818 battles
  • [FORT] FORT

View PostThe_Big_M, on 21 February 2022 - 11:51 AM, said:

Yes, it would mean that there's no longer mystery as sites/players could roll everything to get the complete list.

The mystery bit may be something WG thinks is a portion of this event but for those of us who look at leaked lists elsewhere (and those who see it shared here on the forums) it's not much of a mystery.

What I'm afraid Wargaming will do is ask themselves, "do we want a disgruntled community who will keep rolling with credits for deals that they dont have any chance of getting, hence they will have to pay/play more, OR do we give them what they ask for, like duplicate prevention, and make less money off of them?"

CardinalMite #11 Posted 21 February 2022 - 03:43 PM

Captain

• 35163 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostSanyaVladimirovnaLitvyak, on 21 February 2022 - 03:42 AM, said:

The mystery bit may be something WG thinks is a portion of this event but for those of us who look at leaked lists elsewhere (and those who see it shared here on the forums) it's not much of a mystery.

What I'm afraid Wargaming will do is ask themselves, "do we want a disgruntled community who will keep rolling with credits for deals that they dont have any chance of getting, hence they will have to pay/play more, OR do we give them what they ask for, like duplicate prevention, and make less money off of them?"

...orrr would they make more money off players, because more would take part if they thought that they would have a good reason to re-roll?

In essence that it what they did with loot boxes this year with the guaranteed premium every 50 boxes opened. I would love to know if they made more or less from lootboxes as a result. I suspect they did. 

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience. But then if I limited myself to only arguing with non-idiots on these forums I'd literally never post"

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users