Anyone else seeing high levels of match abandonment?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

NameWasStolenStresslevel #21 Posted 14 May 2022 - 06:59 PM

Captain

• 56063 battles

My in-game blocklist has more than 12k players, mostly are bots, arty (added mostly before arty nerf) or platoons who influenced game negatively towards my desired result/enviroment.

These days I have played badly, i failed my way in tier 10. I was doing well at the beginning, my leopard 1 was at 91% marks for several games. I had stock the room with pure, non-sugar black coffee, had food suplies in the room, had time, so  decided to research the field mod for E4 and Leo while grinding BP.

Then start getting some bad games, lots of matches where enemy team always seem to know what they are doing, my team seems to move so slowly and towards random locations. OK, who really cares about bad team! You should just avoid doing what i did.

I made the worst mistake one can easily make in this game: I kept playing. Egoistically I wanted to "fix" the bad session, that itself is an okay attitude, however the mistake was instead of playing to have fun, i was just clicking the Battle button and already complaining to myself that i know the next game will be shit too. Repeat that every game. Trying to look for whats wrong in the match, why my team always get the weird out of meta tanks, enemy team always get the shiny popular op tanks. At that moment i couldnt stop anymore, it was a vicious circle of playing to find some unfairness in the match, then losing, then playing the next to fix the shit result, then losing the point of the match, then playing the next one to try to convince myself that the last one wasnt my fault so need to check for imperfections in the game...

. And thats how i played hundreds and hundreds of games in a spam of few days almost non-stop. At some point i was so tilted, so tired and having some caffeine-related body jerks and reflex jerks. I didnt know at that point where was the problem, so i tried to keep just grinding the points.

The point is that many of these cases of match abandoment arent even bots, ive seen people the last few days who werent bots, they were just normal people who go afk or forgot that they pressed battle button after they got distracted with something else.

They are normal people who dont take this game seriously. For them, going afk its perfectly normal human behavior since a videogame cant be more important than their lifes. At certain degree they are right.... 

I will now play lots of low tier, I will teach those new players a lesson. I am satisfied with my end-game content experience. Tier 10 was a marvelous experience. So now let me go back to low-mid tiers. And play high tiers only for ranked or important events.

Please also note that everytime i see a bot i report them 2 times, during game and post-game. 

Thanks all. Fun for all. 

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 14 May 2022 - 07:01 PM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

FramFramson #22 Posted 15 May 2022 - 03:15 AM

Major

• 62572 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

Wow, I thought *I* had a huge blacklist.

12k is top flight. :honoring:

FramFramson #23 Posted 15 May 2022 - 03:18 AM

Major

• 62572 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
I mainly use my blacklist nowadays to denote "This player cannot be relied on in any way." which is really the only way you can apply the catchall single category of a blacklist to assholes/bots/afk/incompetents/generally stupid/etc. in a useful way.

LetsCamp_1 #24 Posted 15 May 2022 - 12:54 PM

Corporal

• 74794 battles
  • [HMNZ] HMNZ
Is there a way to display a list of players who blocked me? :teethhappy:
1 clean hit to an enemy tank is enough to make my day in battle.

azmania3000 #25 Posted 15 May 2022 - 01:40 PM

Captain

• 53280 battles
  • [SUITS] SUITS

View PostFramFramson, on 15 May 2022 - 05:15 AM, said:

Wow, I thought *I* had a huge blacklist.

12k is top flight. :honoring:

What's with all the negative re-enforcement?
Wouldn't it be easier to mark a player that does something good?
Why WG you put a limit on my friends, when I can make a list of infinite enemies?

Pushing extra buttons smacks of an undesirable effort I don't want to sustain. Just assume everyone is bad. Then, when someone makes a good play, you are pleasantly surprised

At the moment, it's not hard to assume everyone is bad. I've been away from the game for about 12 months and walked into tier 10 battles where there was a near full team of players with 2-3k battles.
Why bother with tier X credit sink games when you can fight more experienced players at tier 5?

I don't blame them. (newbs).

WG has pushed this model and have themselves to blame. Back in the good old days you had to earn your tank; learn its nuances and apply an adaptable strategy to find victory.
Something that still does occur, requires skill + knowledge to achieve and is therefore incredibly rewarding when it happens. Just, doesn't happen as often as it used to IMO

Now It's a more a gamble on the available player pool in the server at a specific time.

Edited by azmania3000, 15 May 2022 - 01:46 PM.

AlexTheKid72 #26 Posted 15 May 2022 - 11:51 PM

Staff sergeant

• 38067 battles
  • [SABRE] SABRE

View Postazmania3000, on 15 May 2022 - 01:40 PM, said:

Pushing extra buttons smacks of an undesirable effort I don't want to sustain. Just assume everyone is bad. Then, when someone makes a good play, you are pleasantly surprised.

This. I add friends when people play like they're part of the team and made it fun. Friends list full. I think I have 5 on my blacklist lol.

signature.png

FramFramson #27 Posted 16 May 2022 - 05:27 AM

Major

• 62572 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
Other players have to accept friend requests. Blacklisting is unilateral.

FramFramson #28 Posted 16 May 2022 - 05:28 AM

Major

• 62572 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
Also, even if someone isn't a friend I will be happy to give them the benefit of the doubt until they prove they're a complete [edited]-muppet, because even crappy players have good days.

azmania3000 #29 Posted 16 May 2022 - 08:47 AM

Captain

• 53280 battles
  • [SUITS] SUITS

View PostFramFramson, on 16 May 2022 - 07:27 AM, said:

Other players have to accept friend requests. Blacklisting is unilateral.

lol ok how about a 'whitelist' then?

I don't want to run xvm, but would still like some kind of warning when I get another one of those battles where both teams are full noob. You can't list someone until they are in game.

I can understand why players would randomly quit battles in pubs.
They have no sodding idea how to play the game. Noob opens the wallet with promises of fun and exciting moments. Enters tier VIII-X battle with 50% crew and instantly regrets life choices. Ragequit kills app and moves on with their life.

Wen MMR?

FramFramson #30 Posted 16 May 2022 - 01:31 PM

Major

• 62572 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

I've been SERIOUSLY tempted to reinstall XVM, it's that bad, even though I HATE using XVM and having to update it.

Don't anon tanks just come up blank though? I know that usually means "absolutely terrible" or "very good" but that doesn't exactly help you decide how hard to go in on a guy in a pinch.

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #31 Posted 16 May 2022 - 01:50 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 90927 battles
  • [BIGD] BIGD

Anon doesn't hide the badge so it's still pretty easy to tell who is good or bad.

Of course there are the few good players who hide their skill level by equipping Halloween or Frontline badges...

FramFramson #32 Posted 16 May 2022 - 04:36 PM

Major

• 62572 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
Or just doing decoy shit like the StuG IV (without honours) badge.

The_Big_M #33 Posted 16 May 2022 - 06:23 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 91851 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

Or just no badge at all, like myself. I find the bulk of the badges useless, so don't see the point of showing them (nor worrying about what others have).

But I love xvm, as I love analysis and the improved functionality, and it's a godsend for both. But yeah, anonymous just show as blank. You shouldn't use xvm as definite for anything except as a guide - but it's a brilliant one on the whole.

NameWasStolenStresslevel #34 Posted 16 May 2022 - 06:26 PM

Captain

• 56063 battles

View PostFramFramson, on 15 May 2022 - 04:18 AM, said:

I mainly use my blacklist nowadays to denote "This player cannot be relied on in any way." which is really the only way you can apply the catchall single category of a blacklist to assholes/bots/afk/incompetents/generally stupid/etc. in a useful way.

Sir, I agree. However I dont blacklist people for being "bad" which for me is a complicated word to define. To put it simple, people who have somehow impacted a game I had negatively (in a big proportion or amount of influence), are the people who are right now in my blacklist.  The reason for me simply adding them to my blacklist without second thought , for me at least,  is because there is no need to think too deep when it comes to relationship with other players in this videogame.

If some player affected the amount of fun I had in this videogame negatively, I will simply block any chance of that player communicated ever with me, even through map pings for example. Note that i am chatbanned, and for me blacklist works for marking players as well. If someday i check post-battle results and see their name, i will remember that player have once upon a time, negatively impaced my fun in a game. So i will try to remember it .Not always, tho, only in noticiable games (my sessions during weekend tend to be long when i play)

Ocasionally there are cases of "bad" players pinging the map or platoon players (regardless of their individual/solo player skill level) in which blacklist comes handy. I saw a thread sometime ago that featured a 3-men platoon shamelessly pinging the map and calling other players noobs for not obeying their orders. For me, cases like this are the ultimate absurd. A platoon blaming the team is 3 times worse than a solo player blaming the team.

Its very easy to blacklist people and i do it because it works for me and it have that nice feeling that something was done to counter that feeling that i had less fun that i should have had because of a specific player.

Of course people have different views on things and I respect that but not necessarily agree. 

And that ocasional player who unflipped my tank, or very rare, but can happen, of a player compensating for a mistake i've done (ie full HP LOWE player NOT backing off from corner and nicely taking a hit for me who is one-shotable) are seen as players that affected my gameplay experience POSITIVELY, and so, if for some reason after the game ends I realize they are on my blacklist, there is a 50/50 chance that I will remove them from my blacklist.

Friendlist for me is kind of a thing that is not necessarly what its suppose to be. But if you are there its because i need you for some reason (ie. that event last year that required friends to exchange gifts in order to complete a set of missions). Vut if someone went from blacklisted to "friend" then that means TRUE respect and means a name I will always remember or quickly notice,

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 16 May 2022 - 06:42 PM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

Ezz #35 Posted 16 May 2022 - 07:10 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 78150 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
There are badges now? Oi vey.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, Balance TM and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

FramFramson #36 Posted 17 May 2022 - 02:59 AM

Major

• 62572 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 16 May 2022 - 05:26 AM, said:

I saw a thread sometime ago that featured a 3-men platoon shamelessly pinging the map and calling other players noobs for not obeying their orders. For me, cases like this are the ultimate absurd. A platoon blaming the team is 3 times worse than a solo player blaming the team.

Oh man, this.

Saw a 3-man plat all from the same clan in Kranvagens lose on Westfield yesterday and they blamed our TDs....... even though the enemy TDs were JgPzE100s, who drove out across the open to head south. The enemy HTs basically didn't HAVE any TD backup.

EDIT: There wasn't even any arty in that match either!

Edited by FramFramson, 17 May 2022 - 03:00 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users