the last grinds (painful stories of tier IX)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

SadSack #1 Posted 17 June 2022 - 10:14 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 47705 battles
  • [NEGEV] NEGEV

Slowly grinding the last of the tier9s, ugh!

First it was CS-59, I thought that was bad and uncompetitive so I bought the Jagdtiger ugh did I hate that what a dinosaur! But now I have the stock M-VI-Y omg!
Great having  305 mm frontal armour when everyone can pen all the weak spots anyway, and great having extra tracks when no one bothers to track you.
Add that SPG splash for 300-400 and the fact you constantly face tier X most of whom gold spam. The result? If you are lucky you get 1-2 pens (250 alpha each shot) before you're back in a garage cursing.

Now I look back fondly on the CS-59 which seems godlike in comparison.

Maybe the kindest solution is free XP the gun and turret and sell it fast!

Not counting SPGs we have these to look forward to:

WT auf IV 

E50

Ru 251

Obj 430 II

M-VI-Y

M103

T54E1

WZ-111 FT G

WZ-120

Conway

Skoda T50

Strv 103-0

UDES 16

Which will be easiest so I can mix them up? and which should be free XP if possible. ( I only have like enough free xp to do 1/3 of them)
So like some maybe some playable stock, some with gun unlocked, some need to be missed altogether probably.

e.g. i was thinking M103 might be fine to grind with just 2nd gun unlocked, I really enjoyed Udes 14/5 but 16 looks very different and could be painful.

I don't have enough credits to buy them all and see. My plan was to wait until they are each in tech tree discount as the mission make the grind so much easier but I've gotten impatient now the end is near.

stop the pay2win - we buy premium account isn't that enough? please remove premium ammo/consumables from random battles or make them affordable for ALL PLAYERS

The_Big_M #2 Posted 17 June 2022 - 04:38 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 91903 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

Tough to answer as depends what you prefer. The only one I'd say as a definite to avoid stock and freexp, or even just bypass is the T54E1. It has weak armour. It's slow. And its stock gun is poor. It was very painful when I did the stock grind a year or two back. 

I'd probably put M103 second after that. The rest are at least workable and generally have their strengths that can be used.

mttspiii #3 Posted 18 June 2022 - 08:47 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 36116 battles
  • [N-W-O] N-W-O

WT IV, Conway, Strv are playable easy even when stock

T54E1 needs its gun

WZ-120 needs almost all its modules to work

Also, it's far, far from the end of the grind. I'd suggest to wait a bit longer; WG might give us 15% discounts on tier 9's in September.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

SadSack #4 Posted 18 June 2022 - 11:25 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 47705 battles
  • [NEGEV] NEGEV

Well i saw skill4ltu index guide and he places

•  EPIC: WT IV, E50, Skoda T50
  • HORRIBLE:  430 II 
  • BAD: UDES 16, WZ-120, M-V-Y,
  • GOOD:   Strv 103-0, Ru 251, M103, Jadgtiger
  • OKAY:   T54E1, Conway. WZ 111G FT,

Well I don't agree with him about Jagdtiger. I mean he 'grinds' all his tanks fully upgraded and with premium consumables/ammo, bounty/bond equipment and 17 skill crews so that makes a difference.
But I will grind the EPIC and GOOD and free XP the BAD and HORRIBLE I think, then see how I go with the OKAY.

stop the pay2win - we buy premium account isn't that enough? please remove premium ammo/consumables from random battles or make them affordable for ALL PLAYERS

Ezz #5 Posted 18 June 2022 - 11:39 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 78150 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
The jt was great fun. Pick your fights and dpm the crap out of everything with that glorious gun.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, Balance TM and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

SadSack #6 Posted 18 June 2022 - 11:46 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 47705 battles
  • [NEGEV] NEGEV

View Postmttspiii, on 18 June 2022 - 12:47 AM, said:

WT IV, Conway, Strv are playable easy even when stock

T54E1 needs its gun

WZ-120 needs almost all its modules to work

Also, it's far, far from the end of the grind. I'd suggest to wait a bit longer; WG might give us 15% discounts on tier 9's in September.

That's very scary to hear. [edited]! Are they going add tier XI or something terrible? Or you just mean the new Italian TD line? But I cant wait till Sept I will be finished (apart from the new TDs) by then I hope.

mttspiii #7 Posted 18 June 2022 - 09:09 PM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 36116 battles
  • [N-W-O] N-W-O
there's the Czech TD line, the Japanese TD line, all those wheeled lines, the Swiss, the Israelis...there's a lot basically

Rika101 #8 Posted 20 June 2022 - 09:57 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 40955 battles
  • [D-ARM] D-ARM

View PostSadSack, on 17 June 2022 - 10:14 AM, said:

Slowly grinding the last of the tier9s, ugh!

First it was CS-59, I thought that was bad and uncompetitive so I bought the Jagdtiger ugh did I hate that what a dinosaur! But now I have the stock M-VI-Y omg!
Great having  305 mm frontal armour when everyone can pen all the weak spots anyway, and great having extra tracks when no one bothers to track you.
Add that SPG splash for 300-400 and the fact you constantly face tier X most of whom gold spam. The result? If you are lucky you get 1-2 pens (250 alpha each shot) before you're back in a garage cursing.

Now I look back fondly on the CS-59 which seems godlike in comparison.

Maybe the kindest solution is free XP the gun and turret and sell it fast!

Not counting SPGs we have these to look forward to:

WT auf IV 

E50

Ru 251

Obj 430 II

M-VI-Y

M103

T54E1

WZ-111 FT G

WZ-120

Conway

Skoda T50

Strv 103-0

UDES 16

Which will be easiest so I can mix them up? and which should be free XP if possible. ( I only have like enough free xp to do 1/3 of them)
So like some maybe some playable stock, some with gun unlocked, some need to be missed altogether probably.

e.g. i was thinking M103 might be fine to grind with just 2nd gun unlocked, I really enjoyed Udes 14/5 but 16 looks very different and could be painful.

I don't have enough credits to buy them all and see. My plan was to wait until they are each in tech tree discount as the mission make the grind so much easier but I've gotten impatient now the end is near.

Easy stock grind-WT auf IV, Conway, Strv 103-0
OK stock grind-E50, Ru 251, Obj 430 II (easy if u goldnoob with it), M103 (its terrible without the top engine and first 120mm), UDES 16
Holy shit stock grind-M-VI-Y (OK if u goldnoob with it), T54E1, WZ-111 FT G (its easy if u can goldnoob with the stock gun and have the top engine), WZ-120, Skoda T50

All of the easy stock grinds mentioned have great stock gun to start with so at least u are not helpless/shoot gold often to get good results, therefore can get u fat exp/credits. but at the end, these stock grinds difficulties may differ if u played other tank branches in the tech tree (example some tanks have the same engine/radio from other tanks in the tech tree so if u played others in that tech tree, u can get a good head start). just treat stock grind as school exam and fully upgraded ones as the reward for doing good in them, lol.

SadSack #9 Posted 20 June 2022 - 09:40 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 47705 battles
  • [NEGEV] NEGEV

View PostRika101, on 20 June 2022 - 01:57 AM, said:

Easy stock grind-WT auf IV, Conway, Strv 103-0
OK stock grind-E50, Ru 251, Obj 430 II (easy if u goldnoob with it), M103 (its terrible without the top engine and first 120mm), UDES 16
Holy shit stock grind-M-VI-Y (OK if u goldnoob with it), T54E1, WZ-111 FT G (its easy if u can goldnoob with the stock gun and have the top engine), WZ-120, Skoda T50

All of the easy stock grinds mentioned have great stock gun to start with so at least u are not helpless/shoot gold often to get good results, therefore can get u fat exp/credits. but at the end, these stock grinds difficulties may differ if u played other tank branches in the tech tree (example some tanks have the same engine/radio from other tanks in the tech tree so if u played others in that tech tree, u can get a good head start). just treat stock grind as school exam and fully upgraded ones as the reward for doing good in them, lol.

yeah doing Skoda T50 atm. it feels like it should be a good tank but 205mm just isn't enough and how can anyone afford gold ammo when you need to save for all the tier Xs already unlocked.
The ironic thing is by the time I get the gun I will stop playing as TVP T50/51 is already fully unlocked with blueprints, same for the M-VI-Y and E50

E50 starts with a tier VI gun though luckily I had the 8.8 already unlocked though again its only 203mm pen.

yeah I started  WT auf IV it's stock gun is ok. but I just find the playstyle exceptionally boring.

maybe i will try ru251 next as I generally like LTs.

mttspiii #10 Posted 21 June 2022 - 01:31 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 36116 battles
  • [N-W-O] N-W-O

View PostSadSack, on 20 June 2022 - 09:40 PM, said:

yeah doing Skoda T50 atm. it feels like it should be a good tank but 205mm just isn't enough and how can anyone afford gold ammo when you need to save for all the tier Xs already unlocked.
The ironic thing is by the time I get the gun I will stop playing as TVP T50/51 is already fully unlocked with blueprints, same for the M-VI-Y and E50

E50 starts with a tier VI gun though luckily I had the 8.8 already unlocked though again its only 203mm pen.

yeah I started  WT auf IV it's stock gun is ok. but I just find the playstyle exceptionally boring.

maybe i will try ru251 next as I generally like LTs.

Research all modules. You'd never know which modules carry over.

Though recently WG is playing hard to get with module crossmatching, with the Chinese line being the worst of the lot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users