After a year of playing there's no improvement at all.

bad player Help Improvement

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

bend_armor #1 Posted 04 August 2022 - 06:31 PM

Private

• 9193 battles
  • [ROTB] ROTB
After a year of playing still struggling to win, I don't really see myself improving. I admit at first I was just a casual gamer for fun but after I understood the game it seemed things were just getting harder. I can't carry a game, my win rate stays at 46% got bullied on the battlefield. I did everything, watch youtube, and carefully implement the mechanics. Fully aim as much as possible but it's just so hard. In every 10 games, I am lucky to get 3 wins most of them are just blown-out matches. I died in 3 mins or I just got surrounded by enemies before I know it. Any tips?

NameWasStolenStresslevel #2 Posted 04 August 2022 - 06:59 PM

Captain

• 57089 battles

Hello and welcome to the forums (apparently its your first post here). Your decision to come here seek help is a great step in the right direction. This thread could be changed to "game discussion" because its more active there and more people will read your thread and offer help, but great start already. Hopefully you will get help from experienced players. You are relatively "Young" wot player with only 9k games. I was 48% (or something like that) by that same amount of games you have.

Even experienced players can ocasionally suffer from being YOLOed by 3 campers as soon as you make a move. But the more you learn the game, the more you become aware of things, and the frequency these things happens will start to decrease. Sorry my comment have nothing to add or to help due to heavy working lately. I just came here to wish you good luck in this forums. A good helper will show up hopefully. 

Good luck.

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 04 August 2022 - 07:02 PM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

SanyaVladimirovnaLitvyak #3 Posted 04 August 2022 - 09:02 PM

Captain

• 59460 battles
  • [FORT] FORT

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 04 August 2022 - 07:59 PM, said:

Hello and welcome to the forums (apparently its your first post here). Your decision to come here seek help is a great step in the right direction. 

This. Welcome to the forums.

It's kind of hard to say without seeing gameplay, would you be willing to upload a bunch of replays (at least 10 most-recent or other non-cherry-picked games) or platoon with discord?

Just looking at stats, the only thing I can say is playing tier 8s and 9s whilst struggling is going to be bad for WR. I see on wotlabs your average tier for last 1000 battles is 7.5ish but your average damage is <700 which means you're doing about 50-70% of your HP, not pulling your own weight.

I don't say this in a judge-y way, it's just the numbers, and no more. Kind of hard to see what the root cause is by just looking at the numbers (hence my question about replays and platoons)

Spoiler

Send me a friend invite in game if you'd like a plat and my 2 cents, might not be able to play everytime im online but it's a start, hopefully

Edited by SanyaVladimirovnaLitvyak, 04 August 2022 - 09:19 PM.

bend_armor #4 Posted 04 August 2022 - 11:30 PM

Private

• 9193 battles
  • [ROTB] ROTB

View PostSanyaVladimirovnaLitvyak, on 04 August 2022 - 09:02 PM, said:

This. Welcome to the forums.

It's kind of hard to say without seeing gameplay, would you be willing to upload a bunch of replays (at least 10 most-recent or other non-cherry-picked games) or platoon with discord?

Just looking at stats, the only thing I can say is playing tier 8s and 9s whilst struggling is going to be bad for WR. I see on wotlabs your average tier for last 1000 battles is 7.5ish but your average damage is <700 which means you're doing about 50-70% of your HP, not pulling your own weight.

I don't say this in a judge-y way, it's just the numbers, and no more. Kind of hard to see what the root cause is by just looking at the numbers (hence my question about replays and platoons)

Spoiler

Send me a friend invite in game if you'd like a plat and my 2 cents, might not be able to play everytime im online but it's a start, hopefully

Hello, I usually stayed in tiers 5 - 6 with SPGs even though I am struggling but able to Ace master my only 2 SPGs and a single MOE. One day I decided to stop playing SPGs as I wanted to try other classes. After watching those content creators on YouTube I force myself to move to Tier 8 because seems the tanks there are really awesome to play, with powerful guns and autoloaders. My first Tier 8 is T69 and I thought is a good tank realizing at the end a worse tank for beginners and that affects my win rate and win8 so much. Should I stay in tier 6? but I can't help myself to play those BP rewards and bound tanks.

I really don't have friends to platoon with, I'm kind of a rouge tanker. I uploaded my few games on youtube not to become famous but to archive them for future comparison. Those videos are not even my best performance I just thought they are fun to keep. For example, this one -> https://www.youtube....h?v=jaogz5cmQB8 pretty bad performance and play so many mistakes I just uploaded It because I had fun with SPGs raining like hell on me.

Edited by bend_armor, 05 August 2022 - 12:01 AM.

bend_armor #5 Posted 04 August 2022 - 11:42 PM

Private

• 9193 battles
  • [ROTB] ROTB

View PostSanyaVladimirovnaLitvyak, on 04 August 2022 - 09:02 PM, said:

Sure I will. I never had experience with platooning I hope we can manage to arrange it in the future. Thank you so much I appreciate your kindness.

spacewolf #6 Posted 05 August 2022 - 09:33 AM

I still think it's morally wrong so in fact I'm right.

• Beta-Tester
  • 83512 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Stop playing spg's bro.

If you're happy at tier 5/6, look towards the KV1/T150, M6/T1 Heavy. The 3601H is pretty good. 
For MT's. the T34 and 34-85 is an outstanding line, the E8 US MT is good at tier 6, the crommy brit MT is great.

You'll influence games a lot more in those tanks than what you will in spg. 

Proudly sponsored by WG

steeve_old #7 Posted 05 August 2022 - 10:09 AM

Corporal

• 45515 battles

watch your own replays

if you play a lot of arty use the replays to see what the good players are doing

tier 8 is a shit show play tanks you do well in/enjoy playing

whats your ping, learning each shell velocity is a pain but lead times are very important even close range what looks like a pen might be a miss server side again your own replays will tell you what really happened sever side as opposed to what you saw on your screen

there is/was a thread here  called fail to carry  so your not alone in playing your heart out and still getting rolled

stats will drive you mad and put you on a tilt just blow shit up

SanyaVladimirovnaLitvyak #8 Posted 05 August 2022 - 10:04 PM

Captain

• 59460 battles
  • [FORT] FORT
you should turn on last position spotted for enemies on the minimap as a start

FearTheReaper #9 Posted 06 August 2022 - 10:39 AM

Private

• 26 battles
won't someone just link him the PBKAC primer. :trollface: dated but kind of useful. 

The_Big_M #10 Posted 06 August 2022 - 11:34 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 93215 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

View Postbend_armor, on 05 August 2022 - 01:30 AM, said:

I really don't have friends to platoon with, I'm kind of a rouge tanker. I uploaded my few games on youtube not to become famous but to archive them for future comparison. Those videos are not even my best performance I just thought they are fun to keep. For example, this one -> https://www.youtube....h?v=jaogz5cmQB8 pretty bad performance and play so many mistakes I just uploaded It because I had fun with SPGs raining like hell on me.

You need to think more about the role of your tank and how to maximise your contribution, based on how you play it.

In this vid I see you have a camo net on your hellcat. But are playing actively, up close - so the camo net is not going to be any use. Also the main thing about a TD is its gun, but you don't have a rammer. As a start, in this case, I'd swap those two. The IRM is fine, personally I wouldn't use your other either but its okay.

bend_armor #11 Posted 06 August 2022 - 05:23 PM

Private

• 9193 battles
  • [ROTB] ROTB

View PostThe_Big_M, on 06 August 2022 - 11:34 AM, said:

You need to think more about the role of your tank and how to maximise your contribution, based on how you play it.

In this vid I see you have a camo net on your hellcat. But are playing actively, up close - so the camo net is not going to be any use. Also the main thing about a TD is its gun, but you don't have a rammer. As a start, in this case, I'd swap those two. The IRM is fine, personally I wouldn't use your other either but its okay.

Yes, that's the biggest mistake I made. Usually, I camp with hellcat but in this battle, because few bushes are available I tried to get closer thinking my teammates would too also but seems they are bad as me :), I really wanted the rammer over my IRM but I need a little improvement on mobility but since you suggested it I will change the equipment as I response my message.

bend_armor #12 Posted 06 August 2022 - 05:35 PM

Private

• 9193 battles
  • [ROTB] ROTB

View PostFearTheReaper, on 06 August 2022 - 10:39 AM, said:

won't someone just link him the PBKAC primer. :trollface: dated but kind of useful. 

What is that? Give me link please! :D

bend_armor #13 Posted Yesterday, 01:55 AM

Private

• 9193 battles
  • [ROTB] ROTB

View PostSanyaVladimirovnaLitvyak, on 05 August 2022 - 10:04 PM, said:

you should turn on last position spotted for enemies on the minimap as a start

I have it via pressing the alt key. I only use it when I don't know where to go and no enemy is spotted. I tried once but it makes the minimap so busy and some information is overlapping especially if the tanks are in one place together.

Ezz #14 Posted Yesterday, 04:35 AM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 78150 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Make your mini map as large as possible and check it often. All that info that makes it busy is what can be used to win games. 

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, Balance TM and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

spacewolf #15 Posted Yesterday, 03:26 PM

I still think it's morally wrong so in fact I'm right.

• Beta-Tester
  • 83512 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostEzz, on 07 August 2022 - 06:35 AM, said:

Make your mini map as large as possible and check it often. All that info that makes it busy is what can be used to win games. 

^ This is probably one of the best things any player can do. 

Edit: have you a boat fearless leader. 

Edited by spacewolf, Yesterday, 03:27 PM.

Proudly sponsored by WG

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users