Returning player: Things I should be aware about?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

LonerPrime #1 Posted 06 August 2022 - 12:39 AM

Corporal

• Beta-Tester
  • 18546 battles

Hi folks :)

As the title says, returning player here. Played religiously since 2012 to about 2014 I believe, but then real life and monotony steered me away from WoT and I shifted away to WoWs for a few years. Decided to pick the game up again, but the moment I logged in and the whole UI overwhelmed me. It's clear the game has changed quite a bit since the days of gold shells becoming available for credits, so decided to ask the community about tips, guidance and/or prevention against any pitfalls/traps, before I roll into my first battle again.

Would appreciate it. Thank you for your time.

Regards,

LonerPrime

Edited by LonerPrime, 06 August 2022 - 12:40 AM.

AlexTheKid72 #2 Posted 06 August 2022 - 08:24 AM

Staff sergeant

• 38468 battles
  • [SABRE] SABRE
Equipment 2.0 and Field Modifications are probably the biggest changes you'll want to look into.
DezGamez on youtube explains it all fairly well.
signature.png

mttspiii #3 Posted 06 August 2022 - 08:54 AM

Major

• Beta-Tester
  • 36302 battles
  • [N-W-O] N-W-O

Maps are different, and many tanks have had their armor and HP changed.

One important bit is the reticle; it's more reliable now. It now adjusts for angle, so if says green you will penetrate even if angled. It might even account for overmatching, letting you know what roofs you can blast open with your 122mm gun.

Thing is though, your enemy also has this feature and thus will penetrate you more reliably as well.

I'm fierce and I'm feeling mighty,

I'm a golden girl, I'm an Aphrodite

NameWasStolenStresslevel #4 Posted 06 August 2022 - 10:36 AM

Captain

• 57303 battles

Wheeled cars are in the game now. They are fast and so you should try to kill them because you dont have 999 ping like your teammates. There are also annonymizer feature to hide your real name ingame and from xvm. Double barrel tanks and autoreloading guns (its like an improved autoloader) are in game too. You can no longer dmg teammates or use chat to talk to enemies. And all the other changes mentioned above.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

The_Big_M #5 Posted 06 August 2022 - 11:14 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 93560 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

New tanks, new countries, new HD client since then. Easier to progress since then with daily missions (first 3 can reroll eveyr 4 hours). Extra benefits for progression if you have a premium account.

Also, blueprints introduced which let you unlock xp of each tank (not modules), making progress quicker. Get those mostly from daily missions plus other events.

"Battle pass" is a 3x3 month event each year; we're close to finishing 2nd event this year (end August), so good to accrue points ASAP for this event to get the benefits (you get free bonuses without paying, but can pay for extra benefits if you want).

1.18 coming out soon, with a new map, and adding Italian TD tech tree. Also will be tweaking existing tank's specs.

Tier 8 is infested with premiums now, and they've started with a couple now on tier 9. At tier 8, progetto and bourrasque are most popular. At tier 6, M40 is most popular but will finally be nerfed shortly.

Tech tree was revamped, with quite a number of well known popular tanks hived off to a separate "collector" section so they're not part of the tech tree flow any more but can still get if you want them.

WG 12th birthday coming up later this month and there will be discounts then (including the first discounts on collector tanks ever), so if you want to buy any tanks for credits, wait til then for a bit of a saving.

Sherman_1701 #6 Posted 06 August 2022 - 01:11 PM

Corporal

• 5876 battles
  • [OMG] OMG
M24 Chaffee has been nerfed, HE was screwed. Games are one-sided most of the time and WG places everything behind paywalls. The game has gone to waste since 2014. Honestly you should have stuck to WoWs .

locknload595 #7 Posted 07 August 2022 - 12:02 PM

Corporal

• 12612 battles

View PostLonerPrime, on 06 August 2022 - 12:39 AM, said:

Hi folks :)

As the title says, returning player here. Played religiously since 2012 to about 2014 I believe, but then real life and monotony steered me away from WoT and I shifted away to WoWs for a few years. Decided to pick the game up again, but the moment I logged in and the whole UI overwhelmed me. It's clear the game has changed quite a bit since the days of gold shells becoming available for credits, so decided to ask the community about tips, guidance and/or prevention against any pitfalls/traps, before I roll into my first battle again.

Would appreciate it. Thank you for your time.

Regards,

LonerPrime

Lots more cheaters in the game now.

Pretty much guaranteed anyone with a win rate over 55% are using illegal mods

They will cry and shuffle about the subject and will always bring up other players stats if those players have a win rate below 45% (case of the guilts maybe ??)

Gave the game up long ago

You can learn the maps and mechanics but you will never learn to beat cheaters 

Ezz #8 Posted 07 August 2022 - 12:13 PM

How many flipping posts do I need to get past Major?

• Beta-Tester
  • 78150 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Superb. Not only illegal mods but we hacked the servers long ago to get better mm and rng. It's the only possible explanation!

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

>9000 cynicism brought to you by P2W, Balance TM and the Cartoon Connection

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

spacewolf #9 Posted 07 August 2022 - 03:22 PM

I still think it's morally wrong so in fact I'm right.

• Beta-Tester
  • 83650 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postlocknload595, on 07 August 2022 - 02:02 PM, said:

They will cry and shuffle about the subject and will always bring up other players stats if those players have a win rate below 45% (case of the guilts maybe ??)

lol uwotm9

I guess my first question is - is this a provable statement that you make? Cause I'm freaking stoked to provide EVERY replay from the games I play, just ask if you want to see my "illegal mods" (I play off a vanilla client, not even aslain's for me).

Proudly sponsored by WG

morttresrapide #10 Posted 07 August 2022 - 05:20 PM

Private

• 1255 battles

i hacked the severs 2012 to farm bit coin

now (bit coin died) i just use it to change my wr to 48%so no one can tell i am a hacker

locknload595 #11 Posted 07 August 2022 - 05:35 PM

Corporal

• 12612 battles

View Postspacewolf, on 07 August 2022 - 03:22 PM, said:

lol uwotm9

I guess my first question is - is this a provable statement that you make? Cause I'm freaking stoked to provide EVERY replay from the games I play, just ask if you want to see my "illegal mods" (I play off a vanilla client, not even aslain's for me).

I said above 55% you are at 52.78%-unless you are feeling guilty- coz you are very defensive lol

Ezz #12 Posted 07 August 2022 - 06:44 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 78150 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Hey look, spacey has aspirations. In about 30k more battles he too will be considered a certified illegal haxx user.

Who the [edited] are you? Get Spoofed! "wouldn't be a proper WG balance change if they didn't [edited] something up after all "

R. Pubbie: "why are all PBKAC players so rude, arrogant and nasty? and why do Mods favor them?"

locknload595 #13 Posted 07 August 2022 - 06:49 PM

Corporal

• 12612 battles

View PostEzz, on 07 August 2022 - 06:44 PM, said:

Hey look, spacey has aspirations. In about 30k more battles he too will be considered a certified illegal haxx user.

Suffering from a bit of denial there Ezz ?? You might need to get a handle on that bud-will lead to all sorts of problems down the road lol

spacewolf #14 Posted 07 August 2022 - 06:56 PM

I still think it's morally wrong so in fact I'm right.

• Beta-Tester
  • 83650 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postlocknload595, on 07 August 2022 - 07:35 PM, said:

I said above 55% you are at 52.78%-unless you are feeling guilty- coz you are very defensive lol

Yea nah totes defensive, all I ever feel is defensive. And the guilts, feel lots of those from my mega haxxors. 

Believe me bro, it's not that we feel guilty, it's more that we feel sorry for those less fortunate to have been provided the burden of logical thinking. But you keep on keeping on there soldier. 

Proudly sponsored by WG

Ezz #15 Posted 07 August 2022 - 07:02 PM

• Beta-Tester
  • 78150 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Denial of what? From the very first time I was accused of using hax by some barely literate swamp toad I knew what my goal for the game would be. Each such act of incredulity from the ill informed bottom feeders fueled my passion and urged me on. My highlight reel shifted from trivial esport and clan activities to matters of genuine significance. Pubbie tears. T49 derping became a particular passion. It highlighted both how ludicrous the accusation actually was, as well as how ludicrous the derp could be. So no, not in denial in the least. I love this shit. The more ridiculous the better.

locknload595 #16 Posted 08 August 2022 - 06:08 AM

Corporal

• 12612 battles

View PostEzz, on 07 August 2022 - 07:02 PM, said:

Denial of what? From the very first time I was accused of using hax by some barely literate swamp toad I knew what my goal for the game would be. Each such act of incredulity from the ill informed bottom feeders fueled my passion and urged me on. My highlight reel shifted from trivial esport and clan activities to matters of genuine significance. Pubbie tears. T49 derping became a particular passion. It highlighted both how ludicrous the accusation actually was, as well as how ludicrous the derp could be. So no, not in denial in the least. I love this shit. The more ridiculous the better.

Like I said the cheaters will shuffle shuffle shuffle-maybe you should try dancing

jumphonner #17 Posted 08 August 2022 - 06:38 AM

Captain

• 74422 battles
  • [KING5] KING5

View Postlocknload595, on 07 August 2022 - 02:02 PM, said:

I suppose that when you are a below average player that you have to have some sort of crutch to explain why that is so.

So why do you only turn on your hacks when playing the Marder 38T? That 62.5% win rate screams hacks to me.The 80% WR in your SU-85I is also a tad sus as well.

Edited by jumphonner, 08 August 2022 - 06:42 AM.

Purveyor of Misinformation, Infamous BOT, Seal Clubber, Stat Padder and Skrublord. Slow Learner. Nobody likes him. Somewhere above The Lupi Line.

Raseiniai Heroes Medal recipient https://youtu.be/YStYjTXUS1k

3 MOE: 212A, M53/M55, Eagle 7, KV1 2 MoE: VK101.01P, M40/43, T29, T28HTC, Super Hellcat, T34-85M, B.U.G.I. SU100, M44, M10 RBFM, KV220-2, Churchill III, Matilda IV, SU85i, T14, Ram II, M4A2E4, T67, Excelsior

Chat ban free since 26 May 2021

Ezz #18 Posted 08 August 2022 - 09:43 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 78150 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Part time hackers... Yeesh. I thought the part time bots were annoying but this is next level.

locknload595 #19 Posted 08 August 2022 - 11:12 AM

Corporal

• 12612 battles

View PostEzz, on 08 August 2022 - 09:43 AM, said:

Part time hackers... Yeesh. I thought the part time bots were annoying but this is next level.

you and old jumpy should platoon up as comedians

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #20 Posted 08 August 2022 - 11:31 AM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 91642 battles
  • [BIGD] BIGD

Illegal mod user spotted.

Especially when he gets over 50% in K91PT, must be RNG mod.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users