map bans

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

_Horse_ #1 Posted 21 January 2023 - 10:25 AM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 52690 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
When banning  maps in random battles ,Assault and encounter modes are not taken into account. Playing arty to get 279  only to end up with an encounter himmelsdorf when I have the map banned. Yes there is a check box to remove encounters and attack/defense but would have thought WG would have taken all game modes account for map bans. 

Edited by _Horse_, 21 January 2023 - 10:28 AM.

wasaabi #2 Posted 21 January 2023 - 11:07 AM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 23617 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
Platooning with someone who hasn't turned off Encounter and Assault will overide your settings.

WoT ANZ Community Contributor http://www.youtube.com/c/BadTanking

ChieftaiNZ #3 Posted 21 January 2023 - 06:28 PM

#GetChieftainaChieftain

• Beta-Tester
  • 18000 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View Postwasaabi, on 21 January 2023 - 03:07 PM, said:

Platooning with someone who hasn't turned off Encounter and Assault will overide your settings.

Nah, the game flat out considers gametype maps as separate variants. if you ban Studzyanskauaghighi for example, Studauigiuahgb will still appear as an Encounter map if you have Encounter enabled in your settings. 

NameWasStolenStresslevel #4 Posted 22 January 2023 - 06:48 AM

Captain

• 61116 battles
  • [GREED] GREED

View PostChieftaiNZ, on 21 January 2023 - 07:28 PM, said:

Nah, the game flat out considers gametype maps as separate variants. if you ban Studzyanskauaghighi for example, Studauigiuahgb will still appear as an Encounter map if you have Encounter enabled in your settings. 

I banned Airfield and Mines. Mines was still showing up whenever I played Encounter, then because of that I had to uncheck Encounter mode so I didnt see Mines again. I with I could play Encounter because there are fun maps to play Encounter, but if its enabled then Mines will appear 3 times more than normally would if I havent banned that map. Sturdyankee is a map that needs a serious rework, my most draw ratios are on that map, specially if I die early.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

NameWasStolenStresslevel #5 Posted 22 January 2023 - 06:59 AM

Captain

• 61116 battles
  • [GREED] GREED

View Postwasaabi, on 21 January 2023 - 12:07 PM, said:

I platooned a bit with 2 guys yesterday and the day prior (I was the only in the platoon who was playing an op tank with a burrasque, the other was slow MT and the other was box TD, but they are both good players). Unfortunaly 1 of the platoon mates had Mines enabled and the other platoon mate had Airfield enabled and both of them have encounter and assault enabled. One of them dislike Arty Heaven which I dont particularly dislike, and the other guy I have no idea what map he banned but apparently he said he "ban other 2" in chat after one dude complained about Arty Heaven which is a map I cant ban because I have Mines and Airfield banned but still had to play it... It was the only downside about platooning. Apparently if everyone dont ban the same maps then you gonna end up playing all of them. Curiously I had a 4k dmg game in Mines and a 4k dmg game in Airfield in the first games I played those maps. The other 1 time again in these maps was 2 crap games tho.

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 22 January 2023 - 07:02 AM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

_Horse_ #6 Posted 24 January 2023 - 01:36 PM

Sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 52690 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View Postwasaabi, on 21 January 2023 - 03:07 PM, said:

I was not in a platoon. This I think is an actual bug to the system, I think the expectation of players is that if you ban 1 map, you ban all variants of that said map. 

Does anyone at WG actually read the the forum bug section? Or should this be posted to support

wasaabi #7 Posted 24 January 2023 - 01:50 PM

This Dude Abides

• Senior Moderator
  • 23617 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-

View Post_Horse_, on 24 January 2023 - 03:36 PM, said:

I was not in a platoon. This I think is an actual bug to the system, I think the expectation of players is that if you ban 1 map, you ban all variants of that said map. 

Does anyone at WG actually read the the forum bug section? Or should this be posted to support

What ChieftaiNZ posted is also relevant, Encounter and Assault modes treat the maps as separate from those for Randoms because of the differences in caps.

Yes if you want WG to know about this then ping Karath on Discord or raise a support ticket.

WoT ANZ Community Contributor http://www.youtube.com/c/BadTanking

The_Big_M #8 Posted 24 January 2023 - 09:36 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 97605 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

I doubt it's a bug. That said, I agree it's a reasonable expectation, I was also confused when I first saw maps I thought I'd banned, until I found the reason why.

But I suspect it's by design e.g. it may be that because the pool of assault/encounter maps is small, they felt it would be problematic if assault was assigned, but they tried to allow 30-60 maps to be banned by players, it may cause difficulties in finding a permitted map.

NameWasStolenStresslevel #9 Posted 25 January 2023 - 08:50 AM

Captain

• 61116 battles
  • [GREED] GREED

View Post_Horse_, on 24 January 2023 - 02:36 PM, said:

I actually have a complaint about this before in the forums. In the "exclude maps" screen if you hover your mouse over the exclamation mark it says that only standard battle maps are gonna be banned. But in my opinion Mines is Mines, Airfield is Arfield. The map name is the same regardless of battle type... So I wish the featured banned the maps of your choice regardless of battle type. Its harsh to have to ban Encounter. I am losing a lot of big games (in maps that are not Mines) because I banned Encounter to avoid seeing Mines again.

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 25 January 2023 - 08:51 AM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

GuwapoDuke49th #10 Posted 25 January 2023 - 04:25 PM

Corporal

• 6786 battles
  • [DEPH] DEPH

I had a similar issue. Had Himmelsdorf banned since I mainly drive lights and hate it.

I had encounter etc. turned off. Just standard battles on. With just 20-30 seconds waiting time it put me into Himmelsdorf.

Happened just once in the past few days, but still.

stewiejp #11 Posted 25 January 2023 - 10:33 PM

#GetOnBoard

• Community Contributor
  • 55810 battles
  • [-1AR-] -1AR-
Pretty ordinary system when you think about it. Map ban should equate map ban, regardless of the game mode (encounter etc). If in a plat, the plat commander's preferences are it. Simple is good. 

#GetOnBoard Studios  - GETONBOARDSTEWIEJP <--- Invite Code - www.youtube.com/c/stewiejp   www.twitch.tv/stewiejp

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users