Experimental Equipment

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

AlexTheKid72 #1 Posted 22 January 2023 - 03:56 AM

Staff sergeant

• 41493 battles
For those that didn't know, a log-in event started 2 days ago to receive 6 pIeces of the new equipment.
The release was pulled yesterday.
Some players have the equipment, some didn't get it even after logging in. For some the daily mission showed, for some it didn't.
Apparently boosters were too complicated having 4 options for 3 slots.
Now we have 4 types of equipment, 2 which are upgraded differently, and one with a three tier upgrade system that can not be combined with the primary bonus standard/improved/bounty equipment. Seems simplified .....

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/news/general-news/experimental-equipment-announcement/

CardinalMite #2 Posted 22 January 2023 - 05:30 AM

Captain

• 36433 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Nobody said, "you know what? What we need is a 4th type of equipment that when fully upgraded gives you the equivalent of almost a 4th equipment slot, further causing power creep in the game and yet another currency to grind playing special game modes we are otherwise not interested in playing."

This is in no way being done for the players benefit, it is all about increased monetisation of the game beyond the already extreme milking that is already in the game.

If you are a competitive player and your stats matter to you, you are going to be pressured into grinding this on top of SO much else.

Net result even faster games, even bigger disparity between long term players and new ones in terms of competing. These will wind up being put on tanks that are not available to everyone like OBJ 279e. 

Dez Games and QB have already put out videos showing how by using this you can get tanks to do things like have 51% reduction in dispersion combining the effects of this equipment with bond/bounty equipment, while also having boosts that would not be possible to combine before with the other equipment types and 3 slots.

By the way it got pulled in part because they stuffed up the introduction of this. If you break down the free versions right now the amount of components you get in return is halved because it is affected by the 50% equipment sale. That is how much thought, care and attention was put into this.

Edited by CardinalMite, 22 January 2023 - 05:42 AM.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience. But then if I limited myself to only arguing with non-idiots on these forums I'd literally never post"

Troll_Traktor #3 Posted 22 January 2023 - 07:00 AM

Corporal

• 15903 battles
  • [PGASE] PGASE
I received the equipment and then received the extra 200 components on the first day having done 2,500 dmg however yesterday did not receive any components for the 2,500 dmg mission..... Did they suspend all the missions also or just being able to upgrade/break down the equipment?

NameWasStolenStresslevel #4 Posted 22 January 2023 - 07:08 AM

Captain

• 61116 battles
  • [GREED] GREED
I did not recieve any equippment. I wonder what order was it being distributed (until the distribution was suspended). It wasnt distributed in alphabetical order apparently since "Troll_Traktor" starts with T and mine start with N and he recieved but I dont. I was curious about Experimental equipment, dont think its that needed but lets see what happens.

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 22 January 2023 - 08:28 AM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

AlexTheKid72 #5 Posted 22 January 2023 - 07:47 AM

Staff sergeant

• 41493 battles

View PostTroll_Traktor, on 22 January 2023 - 07:00 AM, said:

I received the equipment and then received the extra 200 components on the first day having done 2,500 dmg however yesterday did not receive any components for the 2,500 dmg mission..... Did they suspend all the missions also or just being able to upgrade/break down the equipment?

Suspended it because of the breakdown, and the fact only some accounts got the equipment and the missions, others did not. Missions and getting equipment random - some got equipment no missions, some got missions no equipment.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users