Hidden elo system is so disgusting

win rate elo matching system

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Holo_The_Wise_Wolf_ #1 Posted 23 January 2023 - 10:59 AM

Private

• 17621 battles
  • [UMALE] UMALE

The matching system is so disgusting because of the hidden elo...WG tries to rig you win rate between 45-60%. If your overall win rate is very high, then the system will keep matching you 45 win rate players as allies and hope you can take them to win. In other hand, if your win rate is very low, then system will give you good teammates to boost your win rate. That's why you can hardly find 65+ win rate players and 45- win rate players. 

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #2 Posted 23 January 2023 - 12:26 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 93613 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY

They need to keep their paying members happy. How would they be happy if they know the truth

Scrub_Daddy #3 Posted 23 January 2023 - 12:33 PM

Private

• 3598 battles
  • [KING5] KING5
Channel your internal 42%er and just have fun

NameWasStolenStresslevel #4 Posted 23 January 2023 - 12:37 PM

Captain

• 61116 battles
  • [GREED] GREED

I find there is something strange with the MM got to agree something very hidden in it related to stats, I just cant prove it because no one have developed a mod that can track/record the team's WR you get accross large number of games, but I have been constantly getting very shit MM, either my team have very shit tanks compared to enemy team, no reward tanks no OP prems and the enemy get all the good tanks, or like it happens quite often, there is a platoon in the enemy team and ONLY in the enemy team that have more skill than 14 players in my team combined have, or a very bot platoon in my team. This happens often. I have like 120 replays/screenshots of my AMBT, which is a tank very bad to carry games with no speed and no DPM you find yourself easily in trouble if the team is dying too quickly.

Then I found a few guys who can platoon with me during some days. I am obviously not gonna play AMBT in the team because you just cant trust MM these days, so I only play Burrasque with them and rare times other tank. Even when we platoon there is quite often this unicum platoon in the enemy team and only there, perfectly matched against us. Coincidence I guess. But at least they are good players so we can have a fair fight even in shit MM.

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 23 January 2023 - 12:40 PM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

The_Big_M #5 Posted 23 January 2023 - 12:48 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 97604 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

View PostHolo_The_Wise_Wolf_, on 23 January 2023 - 12:59 PM, said:

The matching system is so disgusting because of the hidden elo...WG tries to rig you win rate between 45-60%. If your overall win rate is very high, then the system will keep matching you 45 win rate players as allies and hope you can take them to win. In other hand, if your win rate is very low, then system will give you good teammates to boost your win rate. That's why you can hardly find 65+ win rate players and 45- win rate players. 

Or it's just simple maths, when you are only part of a 15 member team, and can only influence that up to 20% of the team at most.

CardinalMite #6 Posted 23 January 2023 - 02:32 PM

Captain

• 36433 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostThe_Big_M, on 23 January 2023 - 04:48 AM, said:

Or it's just simple maths, when you are only part of a 15 member team, and can only influence that up to 20% of the team at most.

Why use maffs when you can just use rampant speculation? I think there may be a forum bell curve going on here. 

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience. But then if I limited myself to only arguing with non-idiots on these forums I'd literally never post"

AlexTheKid72 #7 Posted 23 January 2023 - 02:36 PM

Staff sergeant

• 41493 battles

View PostHolo_The_Wise_Wolf_, on 23 January 2023 - 10:59 AM, said:

Confirmation bias.
I feel the same when approaching 3rd marks.
Teams are trash regardless of your winrate, it's just a bad run.

AlexTheKid72 #8 Posted 23 January 2023 - 02:37 PM

Staff sergeant

• 41493 battles

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 23 January 2023 - 12:37 PM, said:

I find there is something strange with the MM got to agree something very hidden in it related to stats, I just cant prove it because no one have developed a mod that can track/record the team's WR you get accross large number of games, but I have been constantly getting very shit MM, either my team have very shit tanks compared to enemy team, no reward tanks no OP prems and the enemy get all the good tanks, or like it happens quite often, there is a platoon in the enemy team and ONLY in the enemy team that have more skill than 14 players in my team combined have, or a very bot platoon in my team. This happens often. I have like 120 replays/screenshots of my AMBT, which is a tank very bad to carry games with no speed and no DPM you find yourself easily in trouble if the team is dying too quickly.

Then I found a few guys who can platoon with me during some days. I am obviously not gonna play AMBT in the team because you just cant trust MM these days, so I only play Burrasque with them and rare times other tank. Even when we platoon there is quite often this unicum platoon in the enemy team and only there, perfectly matched against us. Coincidence I guess. But at least they are good players so we can have a fair fight even in shit MM.

The algorithm is patented, ofc background stuff is happening. Just play through it.

Napalmer #9 Posted 23 January 2023 - 03:15 PM

Objectionable Individual

• Community Contributor
  • 57305 battles
  • [DRANK] DRANK
In Breaking News: Copium in short supply due to OP hoarding it all.

3-Marked Tier 10s: T57 Heavy, T110E5, Object 140, IS-7, E100, Maus, Centurion Action X, Badger, Super Conqueror, AMX 50B, STB-1, Type 5 Heavy, WZ-111 5A, Kranvagn, Strv 103B

Check out my stream live at Twitch.tv/TheNapalmer !

CardinalMite #10 Posted 23 January 2023 - 03:33 PM

Captain

• 36433 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostNapalmer, on 23 January 2023 - 07:15 AM, said:

In Breaking News: Copium in short supply due to OP hoarding it all.

Clearly rigged.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience. But then if I limited myself to only arguing with non-idiots on these forums I'd literally never post"

Bushvanker #11 Posted 23 January 2023 - 03:43 PM

Staff sergeant

• 20360 battles

View PostHolo_The_Wise_Wolf_, on 23 January 2023 - 12:59 PM, said:

Nope - WG rig battles to ensure that the tanks they are trying to sell keep a high average win rate.  WG do nothing unless there is a buck in it for them.

Edited by Bushvanker, 23 January 2023 - 03:46 PM.

spacewolf #12 Posted 23 January 2023 - 04:53 PM

I still think it's morally wrong so in fact I'm right.

• Beta-Tester
  • 85127 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
I sense the forums are starting to swing back to the good ol days of HoPeY and the sensational threads posted during that golden age. 

Proudly sponsored by WG

CardinalMite #13 Posted 23 January 2023 - 08:14 PM

Captain

• 36433 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postspacewolf, on 23 January 2023 - 08:53 AM, said:

I sense the forums are starting to swing back to the good ol days of HoPeY and the sensational threads posted during that golden age. 

I definitely want to see BV and Holo argue more about which rigging motivation is the one, true rigging.

Two tinfoils enter one tinfoil leaves.. but did they rig the result?

Sherman_1701 #14 Posted 23 January 2023 - 08:27 PM

Corporal

• 8332 battles

Its not the mm, its time of day you play. In the morning the players are better due to the lack of people on the server, so they’re mostly dedicated WoT gamers. Then the losses start rolling in the afternoon.

NameWasStolenStresslevel #15 Posted 23 January 2023 - 08:30 PM

Captain

• 61116 battles
  • [GREED] GREED

View PostSherman_1701, on 23 January 2023 - 09:27 PM, said:

Its not the mm, its time of day you play. In the morning the players are better due to the lack of people on the server, so they’re mostly dedicated WoT gamers. Then the losses start rolling in the afternoon.

strange, If I sleep well the previous night, playing in the morning seems a bit easier, with more people playing "slow", less platoons, less try hard tanks and literally no arty almost every game unless you play a tier 10 tank. And the games seems more carriables. Its in the end of the night that everybody seems "angry" and at 3 minutes of game a platoon have killed 3 people already. I would avoid playing near the night, unless you have a platoon too in good autoloader tanks that can "get there" fast.

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 23 January 2023 - 08:32 PM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

spacewolf #16 Posted 24 January 2023 - 03:27 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 85127 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 23 January 2023 - 10:30 PM, said:

strange, If I sleep well the previous night, playing in the morning seems a bit easier, with more people playing "slow", less platoons, less try hard tanks and literally no arty almost every game unless you play a tier 10 tank. And the games seems more carriables. Its in the end of the night that everybody seems "angry" and at 3 minutes of game a platoon have killed 3 people already. I would avoid playing near the night, unless you have a platoon too in good autoloader tanks that can "get there" fast.

Just not at tier 5 huh, where there are millions of good platoons picking on all them new players. 

Proudly sponsored by WG

NameWasStolenStresslevel #17 Posted 24 January 2023 - 03:51 AM

Captain

• 61116 battles
  • [GREED] GREED

View Postspacewolf, on 24 January 2023 - 04:27 AM, said:

Just not at tier 5 huh, where there are millions of good platoons picking on all them new players. 

tier 5 is a complete different story, do you understand how the game works?

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

spacewolf #18 Posted 24 January 2023 - 04:05 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 85127 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Pretty sure you're blissfully ignorant or delusional. Curious contradiction of position. 

Proudly sponsored by WG

NameWasStolenStresslevel #19 Posted 24 January 2023 - 04:11 AM

Captain

• 61116 battles
  • [GREED] GREED

View Postspacewolf, on 24 January 2023 - 05:05 AM, said:

Pretty sure you're blissfully ignorant or delusional. Curious contradiction of position. 

if there are more new players at tier 8 than tier 5, its probably because they are running away from the seal clubbers we were discussing about. But the clubbing do exist at high tier 8+, you are not wrong on that. Its the fault of certain clubbers tho who dwell in 5 tiers tho.

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 24 January 2023 - 04:13 AM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

spacewolf #20 Posted 24 January 2023 - 04:21 AM

• Beta-Tester
  • 85127 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Bro, I've just come up against the Ratbag platoon twice this morning and won both times. The issue with this game isn't platoons - much much bigger issues exist. Keep in mind their platoon is the one everyone knows is hard to beat - and yes they do beat me as oft as I beat them. 

Clubbing as you call it happens at all tiers - it's the nature of goods getting out and playing: they are naturally going to win more than bads. 

Proudly sponsored by WG

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users