[Battlelog][Crowdsourcing] We need you! to defeat Over-powered platoons at tier 5 and below on A...

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Aoyama_Blue_Mountain #1 Posted 23 January 2023 - 07:40 PM

Blue Mountain Aoyama

• Beta-Tester
  • 93613 battles
  • [FIDDY] FIDDY

A certain thread has pointed out the problem of Over-powered platoons at tier 5 and below on ANZ Server with usually three players each with win rates of 55% and above (some times as high as to 72%) which prey on bots and newer/poor players. Platoons of three players at this skill level playing at T5 and below is unsporting.

When these platoons play it is most disheartening and seriously erodes enjoyment of the game no matter if the platoons are on the victim's team or the opposing team - the conclusion is usually a devastating loss or a rapid win but in each case it is no fun. The victim has friends who do not play WoT anymore because they just can't get any enjoyment out of the game when these guys are playing in a platoon.

So I am asking for the experienced playerbase help to hop onto ANZ cluster in order to hunt down Over-powered platoons at tier 5 and below on ANZ Server so these platoons become less Over-powered. This will allow players who usually get less enjoyment out of the game when these guys are playing in a platoon to get more enjoyment out of the game.

Game 01

Spoiler

The hunt starts with trusty Pz5/4 getting over 1.6k XP with the second place getting almost 1k XP less. If there was any sealclubbers on the opposite team, they clearly did not get what they want. A clean mission accomplished.

Game 02

Spoiler

I need to change tank after every win to avoid wasting x5 missions. There was a platoon on my team, not sure what kind of platoon they are, but I made sure they could not get much damage. Job well done.

Game 03

Spoiler

This time there are more sealclubbers on the enemy side who thought they had the game. Not on my watch.

Game 04

Spoiler

I thought, maybe I need to play less-common tanks to get the OP platoons to appear? So I took the Pz3/4 for a drive. KV-1 thought he could bully. Denied.

Game 05

Spoiler

Maybe a scout tank would catch the sealclubbers off-guard? Mannerheim Line, so I had to enter scouting mode. Seems like all that did was help our M8A1 and Pz5/4 do 1.7k sniping damage. Although there was a tier 4 platoon who was pinned down by the scouting. Or just outright died battle start.

Game 06

Spoiler

Maybe I need even more obscure tanks? How about O-I Exp., which nobody plays because it is now just a giant pinata.

Unfortunately the enemy had more Over-powered tier 5 players in tanks that pretty much hard-counter O-I Exp.. And the map being Prokhorovka with no scout didn't help a bit. But I helped to balance the teams a bit, so everyone got more enjoyment out of the game.

Game 07

Spoiler

Enemy Church 3 with 1k XP on a loss. Thankfully I helped to get more enjoyment out of the game.

Game 08

Spoiler

Maybe normal tanks prevent the MM from seeing Over-powered platoons so I got in Leafblower. On Ruinberg. Well clearly I should have driven another tank if I wanted to get more enjoyment out of the game. Sorry everyone I have failed to get you more enjoyment out of the game.

Looking at the battle results, clearly my patrolling has allowed players to get more enjoyment out of the game.

And more importantly, notice the lack of Over-powered platoons. Clearly patrolling ANZ tier 5 helps to keep these platoons away from pub matches.

But I cannot do this alone. We need more people to patrol the seas, land and sky, so we can ensure players get any enjoyment out of the game.

NameWasStolenStresslevel #2 Posted 23 January 2023 - 08:13 PM

Captain

• 61116 battles
  • [GREED] GREED
Well of course nitpicking games where no platoons were present or play few games in a row wont tell the full story specially considering platoons tend to go out to hunt seals in different times of the day so you gonna have to keep watching a little bit longer or "dig the hole deeper" to find these platoons eventually. Specially because they might not be playing now, they might be busy doing something else you know, check the forums and you might bump into some of them or their "lawyers".

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 23 January 2023 - 08:13 PM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

CardinalMite #3 Posted 23 January 2023 - 08:17 PM

Captain

• 36433 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 23 January 2023 - 11:40 AM, said:

A certain thread has pointed out the problem of Over-powered platoons at tier 5 and below on ANZ Server with usually three players each with win rates of 55% and above (some times as high as to 72%) which prey on bots and newer/poor players. Platoons of three players at this skill level playing at T5 and below is unsporting.

When these platoons play it is most disheartening and seriously erodes enjoyment of the game no matter if the platoons are on the victim's team or the opposing team - the conclusion is usually a devastating loss or a rapid win but in each case it is no fun. The victim has friends who do not play WoT anymore because they just can't get any enjoyment out of the game when these guys are playing in a platoon.

So I am asking for the experienced playerbase help to hop onto ANZ cluster in order to hunt down Over-powered platoons at tier 5 and below on ANZ Server so these platoons become less Over-powered. This will allow players who usually get less enjoyment out of the game when these guys are playing in a platoon to get more enjoyment out of the game.

Game 01

Spoiler

The hunt starts with trusty Pz5/4 getting over 1.6k XP with the second place getting almost 1k XP less. If there was any sealclubbers on the opposite team, they clearly did not get what they want. A clean mission accomplished.

Game 02

Spoiler

I need to change tank after every win to avoid wasting x5 missions. There was a platoon on my team, not sure what kind of platoon they are, but I made sure they could not get much damage. Job well done.

Game 03

Spoiler

This time there are more sealclubbers on the enemy side who thought they had the game. Not on my watch.

Game 04

Spoiler

I thought, maybe I need to play less-common tanks to get the OP platoons to appear? So I took the Pz3/4 for a drive. KV-1 thought he could bully. Denied.

Game 05

Spoiler

Maybe a scout tank would catch the sealclubbers off-guard? Mannerheim Line, so I had to enter scouting mode. Seems like all that did was help our M8A1 and Pz5/4 do 1.7k sniping damage. Although there was a tier 4 platoon who was pinned down by the scouting. Or just outright died battle start.

Game 06

Spoiler

Maybe I need even more obscure tanks? How about O-I Exp., which nobody plays because it is now just a giant pinata.

Unfortunately the enemy had more Over-powered tier 5 players in tanks that pretty much hard-counter O-I Exp.. And the map being Prokhorovka with no scout didn't help a bit. But I helped to balance the teams a bit, so everyone got more enjoyment out of the game.

Game 07

Spoiler

Enemy Church 3 with 1k XP on a loss. Thankfully I helped to get more enjoyment out of the game.

Game 08

Spoiler

Maybe normal tanks prevent the MM from seeing Over-powered platoons so I got in Leafblower. On Ruinberg. Well clearly I should have driven another tank if I wanted to get more enjoyment out of the game. Sorry everyone I have failed to get you more enjoyment out of the game.

Looking at the battle results, clearly my patrolling has allowed players to get more enjoyment out of the game.

And more importantly, notice the lack of Over-powered platoons. Clearly patrolling ANZ tier 5 helps to keep these platoons away from pub matches.

But I cannot do this alone. We need more people to patrol the seas, land and sky, so we can ensure players get any enjoyment out of the game.

Respect. 

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience. But then if I limited myself to only arguing with non-idiots on these forums I'd literally never post"

NameWasStolenStresslevel #4 Posted 23 January 2023 - 08:20 PM

Captain

• 61116 battles
  • [GREED] GREED

Well I really wish all the good for the ANZ server. I hope the playerbase there dont shrink more than it is now. Even if that server go full PvE like some people might want, the server has to survive a litttle longer I hope, because it helps to create a "cushion effect" before our server dies too. Good luck ANZ, I tried to save the poor seals. Your only chance is to send letters to wargaming and direct them to this forums to read the comments of some filth, dirty clans. I wont mention their name ofc, otherwise I risk being attacked and harrassed again. But maybe wargaming will consider a better balance solution to avoid putting 3 friend players every game together at low tiers creating a stronger constant than a solo clubber is.

But maybe thats what wargaming wants - they wish the seals dont play low tiers - buy a nice op tier 8 premium instead, of the lastest generation and jump straight to high tier enviroment. Leave low tiers to the veterans.

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 23 January 2023 - 08:25 PM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

spacewolf #5 Posted 24 January 2023 - 03:25 AM

I still think it's morally wrong so in fact I'm right.

• Beta-Tester
  • 85127 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

As I said in the other thread, I have literally hundreds of replays for you to look at - so the sample size here that you nit pick, I can increase significantly.

We aren't lawyering, you're just not listening. 

Proudly sponsored by WG

NameWasStolenStresslevel #6 Posted 24 January 2023 - 04:02 AM

Captain

• 61116 battles
  • [GREED] GREED

View Postspacewolf, on 24 January 2023 - 04:25 AM, said:

As I said in the other thread, I have literally hundreds of replays for you to look at - so the sample size here that you nit pick, I can increase significantly.

We aren't lawyering, you're just not listening. 

yes you said but I just ignored, its like saying "hey trust us, we have hundred thousand of replays that we know you wont waste your time watching so thats why we r offering it". Who will open hundred of replays to see wth is happening all these games that you may have just got lucky in? Its okay, I already said that the discussion is over for me, and it aint worth the effort. Once the cushion effect takes place in the ANZ server I will prepare for fall of our server.

The toxic way certain clans act in the forums shows very well what the "social aspect" of platoon is: blood in the hands from the seals, rude way of talking. Thats not the sympthom, its the result of clubbing. 

Edited by NameWasStolenStresslevel, 24 January 2023 - 04:05 AM.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

spacewolf #7 Posted 24 January 2023 - 04:07 AM

I still think it's morally wrong so in fact I'm right.

• Beta-Tester
  • 85127 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

I'm not saying trust us. In fact, I urge you to interrogate the information I offer.

I've got quite a few games in the V/IV, I am telling you from my experience of a few thousand games (solo) at tier 5 that you are just plain wrong. And my position is backed up by my replays - I dunno what else I can say to you. 

Proudly sponsored by WG

AlexTheKid72 #8 Posted 24 January 2023 - 04:39 AM

Staff sergeant

• 41493 battles

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 23 January 2023 - 08:20 PM, said:

Well I really wish all the good for the ANZ server. I hope the playerbase there dont shrink more than it is now. Even if that server go full PvE like some people might want, the server has to survive a litttle longer I hope, because it helps to create a "cushion effect" before our server dies too. Good luck ANZ, I tried to save the poor seals. Your only chance is to send letters to wargaming and direct them to this forums to read the comments of some filth, dirty clans. I wont mention their name ofc, otherwise I risk being attacked and harrassed again. But maybe wargaming will consider a better balance solution to avoid putting 3 friend players every game together at low tiers creating a stronger constant than a solo clubber is.

The name, good Sir, is Ironsides.

Scrub_Daddy #9 Posted 24 January 2023 - 05:49 AM

Private

• 3598 battles
  • [KING5] KING5

View PostAoyama_Blue_Mountain, on 23 January 2023 - 09:40 PM, said:

You have inspired me to click BATTLE

Plutonious #10 Posted 29 January 2023 - 12:16 PM

Corporal

• 26568 battles
  • [BAMF] BAMF

View PostNameWasStolenStresslevel, on 24 January 2023 - 04:02 AM, said:

yes you said but I just ignored, its like saying "hey trust us, we have hundred thousand of replays that we know you wont waste your time watching so thats why we r offering it". Who will open hundred of replays to see wth is happening all these games that you may have just got lucky in? Its okay, I already said that the discussion is over for me, and it aint worth the effort. Once the cushion effect takes place in the ANZ server I will prepare for fall of our server.

The toxic way certain clans act in the forums shows very well what the "social aspect" of platoon is: blood in the hands from the seals, rude way of talking. Thats not the sympthom, its the result of clubbing. 

Yeah. Don't worry about them... not worth responding to. There's a reason why they brigade every thread about how terrible the experience is on ANZ.

I'll disagree on the need for the ANZ server at all though. Because the new player experience is so poor with all the clubbers, it's not going to keep anyone new into the game. And it's not like the paying players are really going to play much on ANZ either, as the higher tier games where all of the pixel tanks get sold only really pop in the evenings on weekends. It seems to only exist as a pond for seal clubbers who like to farm bots with their friends. In that sense, keeping these toxic people away from the rest of the player base on SEA makes sense, but yeah.

I'd much rather they just bring the old Singapore server back and close ANZ/HK. Or Guam if they don't want to piss off the Japanese/SK playerbase with significantly higher pings.

Edited by Plutonious, 29 January 2023 - 01:09 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users