EBR105 duell - he outspot me

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

GuwapoDuke49th #1 Posted 25 January 2023 - 02:22 AM

Corporal

• 6786 battles
  • [DEPH] DEPH

Ok. So I am not really new player, but still a kind of beginner question.

I haven't played in a while, came back last week, grinded my butt off to get the EBR105. I just played a few battles - mostly failed (turn rate is so incredible I fail to drive properly when turbo is off and I forgot most map positions for best passive spots)

I have a 5 skill crew, improved optics, improved vents, CVS and Coffee (food) and of course camo paint. Only thing I don't have is a directive mounted. I have 453m viewrange and 45.33 camo value. And of course the CVS is mounted on the view port.

What I also don't have (yet) is all the Field modifications. But none of them increases camo or viewrange anyways.

On overloard on the middle part with the bushes and the dip - he (the other EBR105 ) outspotted me several times behind the bushes / double bushes, while I could not spot him. Later on the same while we both tried to actively spot others on the field, near our base.

I don't get it. Ok the directives can give another 2.5% viewrange. But does it really makes such a difference? Do I overlook something? How can he constantly outspot me on the double bushes and even worse, while we both race over the open fields?

I don't have enough bonds to constantly use the directive. But I am not even sure if that little extra is really what makes the difference between he outspot me behind double bushes while I cannot outspot him.

Usually I outspot enemy EBR's due to CVS (most seem not to use it) - that was already the case on the EBR90 (with the hefty bond price tag due to optics directive) - this time I felt absolutely miserable.

Edit: Ooops there is a typo in the title...its "duel" with one L

Edited by GuwapoDuke49th, 25 January 2023 - 02:27 AM.

NameWasStolenStresslevel #2 Posted 25 January 2023 - 07:02 AM

Captain

• 61116 battles
  • [GREED] GREED

View PostGuwapoDuke49th, on 25 January 2023 - 03:22 AM, said:

Ok. So I am not really new player, but still a kind of beginner question.

I haven't played in a while, came back last week, grinded my butt off to get the EBR105. I just played a few battles - mostly failed (turn rate is so incredible I fail to drive properly when turbo is off and I forgot most map positions for best passive spots)

I have a 5 skill crew, improved optics, improved vents, CVS and Coffee (food) and of course camo paint. Only thing I don't have is a directive mounted. I have 453m viewrange and 45.33 camo value. And of course the CVS is mounted on the view port.

What I also don't have (yet) is all the Field modifications. But none of them increases camo or viewrange anyways.

On overloard on the middle part with the bushes and the dip - he (the other EBR105 ) outspotted me several times behind the bushes / double bushes, while I could not spot him. Later on the same while we both tried to actively spot others on the field, near our base.

I don't get it. Ok the directives can give another 2.5% viewrange. But does it really makes such a difference? Do I overlook something? How can he constantly outspot me on the double bushes and even worse, while we both race over the open fields?

I don't have enough bonds to constantly use the directive. But I am not even sure if that little extra is really what makes the difference between he outspot me behind double bushes while I cannot outspot him.

Usually I outspot enemy EBR's due to CVS (most seem not to use it) - that was already the case on the EBR90 (with the hefty bond price tag due to optics directive) - this time I felt absolutely miserable.

Edit: Ooops there is a typo in the title...its "duel" with one L

A few screenshots or a replay would give a quick answer to this problem.

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

GuwapoDuke49th #3 Posted 25 January 2023 - 07:36 AM

Corporal

• 6786 battles
  • [DEPH] DEPH
Oof...I did not save it. It's set to only record/keep the last one. I should change it.

AlexTheKid72 #4 Posted 25 January 2023 - 08:10 AM

Staff sergeant

• 41493 battles
The bushes on the southeast of the bowl have unreliable camo.

NameWasStolenStresslevel #5 Posted 25 January 2023 - 08:41 AM

Captain

• 61116 battles
  • [GREED] GREED

View PostGuwapoDuke49th, on 25 January 2023 - 08:36 AM, said:

Oof...I did not save it. It's set to only record/keep the last one. I should change it.

Its very rare for anyone who use this forums to have a full replay record option enabled in the settings so no problem. I could kinda guess a bunch of things that caused you to be spotted but I prefer to just see the replay. 

Having META problems?

#Hashtag break the META

(HAHAGHa i must have drank somethin)

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/hall-of-fame/vehicles/A100_T49/#wot&w_ts=overall&w_nb=500

Currently Hall of Fame T49's number 1 in WTR!!! (parameters are *battles +500* and *since 2014's* ranking)

GuwapoDuke49th #6 Posted 25 January 2023 - 04:22 PM

Corporal

• 6786 battles
  • [DEPH] DEPH

View PostAlexTheKid72, on 25 January 2023 - 08:10 AM, said:

The bushes on the southeast of the bowl have unreliable camo.

Good to know. Thanks.

That could be it then already. I'll take it and will avoid it. It was indeed the south-east corner.

The_Big_M #7 Posted 25 January 2023 - 04:54 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta-Tester
  • 97604 battles
  • [DADDY] DADDY

View PostGuwapoDuke49th, on 25 January 2023 - 06:22 PM, said:

Good to know. Thanks.

That could be it then already. I'll take it and will avoid it. It was indeed the south-east corner.

I find them reliable. But you have to be aware of your angles.

It may have been someone else spotting you. Or you may have broken cover for a split second. Or if it was definitely him, he may also have CVS, and have gone stationary first. Remember CVS increases visibilty when in motion, so if he was sitting and you were moving you would have less camo than him. As longname said above, would need to see the replay to see what the issue was.

Edited by The_Big_M, 25 January 2023 - 04:59 PM.

CardinalMite #8 Posted 26 January 2023 - 02:31 PM

Captain

• 36433 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Fact is in that location the distance between you and the enemy is really not much, it does not take much extra view power to burn through your camo + bushes. So yes if he were using full try hard with directives 2.5% could be the difference. Given the small distance then 2.5% might be the extra view power required to burn through camo in that location. Of course there are a few options for directives, camo or optics or vents would affect the calculation in various ways. 

The bushes there do work but given the angle of the slopes there, the fact that the bushes only work if they are directly between you and the spotting enemy and the fact that the whole area has several locations from which to spot from can make it tricky to get into position without getting spotted on the way up to the bush. People often fail to properly take into account the extremities of their tank poking out of or to the side of a bush which can get you spotted.

Also, while the Ebr 105 has insanely good view range for a wheeled tank, which is something it was not supposed to have, (WG could not resist making the tier 10 a ++ grind target), it has poor view range compared to other light tanks, even some mediums and heavies. Given at the start of the match it is common for several tanks to take up spotting along that central bowl, are you absolutely sure it was the other Ebr that out-spotted you? A high tier regular LT even if it had worse camo, with the right setup could have so much camo burning view power that it could potentially catch you out from maybe a more side angle and even if a little further away. Remember you might also light them but being able to burn through their camo doesn't necessarily make you able to prevent them doing the same to you.

You Ebr105 has 453m view range with CVS, a passive spotting setup Amx 13/105 has 562m with CVS and also has roughly 45% camo. There are some medium tanks though that might not have quite the same camo could easily have that view range. My Leopard PTA on spotting setup has 43% camo and 496m view range with Optics, LNE & CVS. Binocs would go much higher on the leopard although I don't like using them except for specific edge cases.

Point I am making is that location on Overlord is actually a very dangerous high risk/reward spotting location and from time to time you will get out-spotted even in a full try hard Ebr 105 setup. The mark of a good player is how they deal with that.

“Holiday ops is balanced for Asia because a good player opening 11 boxes will get just as many decorations as a noob opening 75..”—.Murazor new head of global festive events.

"It's like you literally dont read your own posts, let alone others, make up instead what you wished others said, then put a non-sensical counter argument to that imagined post."

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience. But then if I limited myself to only arguing with non-idiots on these forums I'd literally never post"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users